YOLO Part Cruise: Land, Sea and Halloween! Updatedx2 4/27 TRIP VIDEO

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Sail Away Sail Away Sail Away
:sail::sail::sail::sail::sail::sail:
Tonight’s a celebration looking back at all we’ve done. Its eight days of memories and there’s magic in each one. Right now where you are make a wish upon a star and stop to remember the magic.

Disney magic at sea, a happy world apart making special memories to hold within your heart. Sharing a grand adventure or just a simple touch, moments that last forever Disney magic means so much. With Disney magic it seems there’s only me and you, discovering destinations that make our dreams come true. Leaving the world behind us, doing the things we please, bringing to life our magic fantasies.

It’s time to remember the magic!

This trip was unlike any trip taken before. From Disney world, to the DVC Members Cruise on the Dream, back to Disney World and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party it was definitely a trip to remember!

Samantha

I’m Sam, I am a Disney addict and a 21 year old child. Disney is my home and I am counting down the days till I can hopefully join the DCP. When I’m not at Disney I am working at a local daycare, getting an education in Early Childhood education, and dancing.

Brittany

Brittany is one of my bestest friends and I was so happy that she would be joining along on this trip. Her love for Disney started at a young age and has blossomed into a beautiful disney obsession. She is also a 21-year-old childhood education major who works the daycare life and enjoys dancing in her spare time. (Basically we are the same person!)

Alicia

Alicia (Alish) is my lovely sister who happens to be a CM. She is Disney Royalty, literally, and she gets to hang out with some pretty cool disney characters. Before she started working for the mouse she was like the rest of us counting down the days till we get to go home next...oh wait she still does that.

Andy

Andy (Randy) is Alicia’s fiancé. He wasn’t brought up with the Disney love but with a few trips with our family and Alicia the Disney magic was able to find a place into his heart.

KC

Kenneth Charles, Kc, Kissy, Kiss…so many nicknames! Kiss is my 17-year-old brother who was of course brought up Disney. He isn’t at that point of Disney obsession but he is pretty close after this trip.

Danielle and Adam – the newlyweds!

Danielle is the oldest of us 4 children (Danielle, Alicia, Sam, Kc) and Adam is an only child who like Andy was brought into our Disney Loving household. These newlyweds were kind enough to invite us on their “honeymoon” because Danielle said it wouldn’t be fun to go on a cruise without her family. So they took a week honeymoon by themselves and we joined in on the second week.

Ann and Ken (Ma and Pa)

The two that raised such Disney obsessed children! Ma always loved Disney and took Pa for her graduation back in the day, at that time Pa did not want to go but once he went he got hooked. Therefore they passed down the magic of Disney to their children and we will forever be eternally grateful!

Gma Liz

Gma is responsible for all our disney addiction since she was the one to take her children (one of them being ma) to Disney a year after it first opened. Me and Gma share a special bond, it could be for the fact that she chose me when my own parents didn’t but whatever the case may be she is my best friend and I love her dearly so it was nice to be back at the magical place with her again.

Brad and Sarah

Sarah is Danielle’s best friend so it was only fitting that her and her husband joined on the post-honeymoon. They spent 3 days at Disney world followed by the cruise.

Lisa and Jackson

Aunt Lisa is Gma’s daughter and Ma’s older sister. She has been to Disney a few times but didn’t get the Disney obsessed gene. Jackson is her 8-year-old son who has only been to Disneyland. But after this trip he told his mother he wants to go to Disney world. They only joined us on the cruise.

Group shot minus Brad and Sarah

Trip Details:
When: September 28 – October 5
Where: Pop Century, Disney Dream, Fort Wilderness

We are sailing, sailing away on a wondrous journey beginning today!:boat:

Table of Contents

Trip Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPhBMdSMo2U&feature=youtu.be

September 28, 2013
We're Going To Disney World
Welcome Home
Traveling The World In Search Of Food
Come to Club 'Merica!
Welcome to Our Family Time
Just Make Believe You're a Tiny Little Seed
Listen To The Land We All Love
High Ho High Ho It's Off To Magic Kingdom We Go
Our First Night Coming To An End

September 29, 2013
Road Tripping It To Port Canaveral
The Excitement Keeps Growing!
Who Waits 30 Minutes After Eating To Swim?
Feet Water and Ice Cream Galore
Welcome To Our Home On The Sea
The Oceaneers Club - Children At Play
It's A Gatsby Party
The Sea Is Inviting Us All To Go Sailing Away
Just Find Your Dream & Teach It How To Fly

September 30, 2013
Castaway Here We Come!
Exploring the Island
The Cure To Seasickness Is 7 Meals A Day
I Think I Might Have Found Me My Own Kind Of Paradise
Field Trip To The Spa & Our 5K Around The Dream
Enchanted Gardens & Characters Galore
Disney Villains In A Way You've Never Seen Them

October 1, 2013
Breakfast Royalty
A Spoonful Of Sherman
Sorry Aurora We're On An Adventure
Disney Artists & Saving Mr. Banks
Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me
What Makes The Garden Grow?
Let There Be Fireworks and Food!
Late Night Adventure

October 2, 2013
What Could Make Castaway Cay Better? DOLE WHIP!
Ocean, Food, Back To The Ocean
Take A Look Around You The Ocean's Alive
Goodbye Castaway Cay
Golf Lessons From Goofy
We Only Ever Eat At The Royal Palace
Broadway and Richard Sherman
Our Last Night Aboard The Dream

October 3, 2013
See Ya Real Soon Breakfast
Saying Goodbye To The Dream
Our Adventure At Fort Wilderness Begins Here
Reunited With Them Ghosts!
Welcome To Norway Beware Of Moose
Fort Wilderness A Great Place To Get Lost
Romping Around DTD and FW

October 4, 2013
Wild Best Friend Day At Animal Kingdom
Morning At Fort Wilderness
Exploring The Animal Kingdom Lodge
TWO WORDS: BUTTER CHICKEN
The Beginning To Our MNSSHP
And A Ghost Will Follow You Home!
Photo Shoot Around The Kingdom
CANDY CANDY CANDY!!!!
Boo To You And You And You And You
Come And Join The Party That Comes Just Once A Year
The End To A Spooktacular Celebration

October 5, 2013
Everyday We're Shuffling...DOUBLE FAIL!
When The DDP Breaks A Family Apart
Walking Right Down The Middle Of Main Street USA
It All Comes To An End...But One Last Plank

Life Update
Disney College Program

I'm in! Followed you guys on Instagram and had a blast!!!

Yay!!! Can't wait hear all about it!!!

Saw some pictures on Instagram - looks like it was a blast.

So glad you are doing another trip report! I'm in :) I followed along on instagram and it looked like so much fun!

nice to see the gang again. can't wait to read of your shenanigans. looks like a magical journey ahead. i'm on board.

I love reading along on your family adventures. Especially can't wait to hear all about the cruise.

I'm in!!!

I had no idea there was this many people on this trip!! It's bound to be a great one!! I absolutely love the photos you used in the intros!!

I've been waiting for this report! I've read all the others and follow Alicia on instagram. So excited to hear all about the trip!!!

I'm in! Followed you guys on Instagram and had a blast!!!

Welcome! This trip was definitely a blast!​

YAY! Followed you guys on IG on your trip and can't wait to read about all your adventures!! :)

Thank you so much for following us along!​

Yay! I can't wait to read all about it!

Welcome!!!!​

Can't wait to hear all about the YOLO adventures!!

This has to be the best YOLO adventure yet! I can't wait to share all our crazy adventures​

Yay!!! Can't wait hear all about it!!!

Saw some pictures on Instagram - looks like it was a blast.

Welcome welcome welcome! Thanks for joining along.​

Yay! I followed this trip on instagram and I can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks for following along, it is sure to be a great adventure!​

So glad you are doing another trip report! I'm in :) I followed along on instagram and it looked like so much fun!

Turns out I will be writing this one! Welcome along!​

So excited! :yay:

YAY YAY YAY!!!!​

Great pics! :)

Thank you!​

nice to see the gang again. can't wait to read of your shenanigans. looks like a magical journey ahead. i'm on board.

Welcome! There will be a lot of shenanigans on this trip!​

I love reading along on your family adventures. Especially can't wait to hear all about the cruise.

Oh thank you so much!​

I'm in!!!

I had no idea there was this many people on this trip!! It's bound to be a great one!! I absolutely love the photos you used in the intros!!

Welcome!
So many people luckily the ship allowed us all to split up and meet back for dinner.​

I've been waiting for this report! I've read all the others and follow Alicia on instagram. So excited to hear all about the trip!!!

I'm so happy to hear that! I hope you enjoy it!​

We're Going To Disney World

The night before
The week leading up to this trip was VERY stressful. Both Brittany and myself were rushing to beat the clock with writing up 2 5 page lesson plans, creating and teaching a lesson, and creating a unit plan, which were all due the week we left. With all our educational work needing to get done my packing, costumes, Fish extender gifts, Fish extender and shoes were all waited till the last night. With that being said I was an emotional wreck at one point of the night i may have broken down but my loving family did everything they could in order to get everything done.

KC and me ended up staying up till almost one, which meant not a lot of time to sleep but we were going to Disney so it didn’t matter.

It’s a Disney Day!
My alarm went off at 5:30am and I was wishing I had gone to sleep earlier the night before. That feeling didn’t last long though because I was going to DISNEY WORLD!! It has been a little over 2 years since the whole family has gone to Disney so the morning was hectic making sure we had everything we needed. While waiting for our rides to come I was dancing all around the house (A usual morning ritual the morning I leave for Disney)

We all rolled our suitcases to the kitchen and made sure they all had that lovely yellow tag.

And since we were flying southwest both ways we decided to take up their deal and bring 2 bags each.

Kiss and me took all the suitcases outside that way they were ready when Andy and his father came. By 6:30 Andy and his dad pulled in and started putting all our luggage in the back of his truck. They took Ma Pa and Kc to the airport while Gma and me waited for Brittany and her dad.
We told Brittany to pick us up by 6:45 so we waited outside because Ma locked the doors. Gma was very excited about going back to Disney and I was excited for her.

Gma was excited but she was also getting very anxious and became like a little child waiting at the end of their driveway for the school bus to come pick them up

Luckily Brittany and her dad pulled in (2 minutes late but who’s counting? Apparently Gma) The good thing though is that they took our luggage in the truck so we just had to hop in the car and take a 5 minute ride to the airport. With everyone there we grabbed our bags and went to check in. My mother informed us that we all had our own check in code so we could all go by ourselves. I’m a child I can’t do that so Brittany and I went with her. Sorry not sorry.

All bags were checked and we made our way through security, I took forever because I bring to much stuff with me. But we all made it through without any trouble. While making our way to the gate Gma got a guy to drive her there.

Make way royalty coming through

Once we made it to our gate they were already pre boarding. We made it just in time for Brittany to take a picture of her shoes.

and just in time for Andy to update his facebook status

I said earlier that we were flying down on southwest, but we were actually taking an Airtran plane. The boarding on AirTran was real random, we were all different zone numbers so we were all entering the plane at different times. Brittany and Gma were the first one’s to board. Followed by me ma and pa

Brittany was being quite the snipper

Kiss and Andy were the last to arrive. A bad part about this flight was that we were all split up. Luckily I have a wonderful Gma who found someone to switch seats so Brittany and me could seat together.

WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Right next to us was our real plane

Take off was a breeze and soon we were flying through the air!
Once we were able to use our electronics I pulled out my laptop and put on wreck it Ralph.

While watching one of my all time favorite movies we noticed Andy passed out

Brittany also dozed off a couple times. When she was up she took some photos of her magic band!

Our snack was weird Biscott things with caramel in the middle. I didn’t eat mine…

Our flight was smooth for the most part and we only had one spot close to landing where it was real shakey.

By the time Wreck it Ralph ended it was time to put our electronic devices away. This meant that we were landing earlier than planned and no one was complaining about that!

DISNEY HERE WE COME!

Continue to Next Post

Gotta love the early morning last minute packing hardly got any sleep the night before chaos of a leaving for Disney World morning!!!

Brittany's shoes are perfection. Seriously, I know I say this to you all the time, but you are SO TALENTED!

That's really sweet that someone changed seats so you and Brittany could sit together.

Can't wait to read about your Disney adventures!

Yay Disney World!!!
Glad that someone was able to switch so you and Brittany could sit together!!
Awe man, I WISH it would only take me the length of Wreck it Ralph to get to Florida! Hahah, I'd have to watch it like, four times!

You have the most adorable gma ever! She looks just like a little kid thrilled to go to Disney! And Princess treatment in the airport I love it!

Brittany's shoes are SO amazing, I wish I was that talented, they look great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter