• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes!! Swa prices

SW credit has to be used on a flight that is 365 days from the date you purchased the original ticket. (EX: I bought tickets for May 2012 on Dec 22, 2011. The price went down so I got a credit. I have to use the credit on a flights that leave by Dec 22, 2012) The credit is only for the person named on the original ticket.

ALB to MCO has really gone up in price over the last few years. If you are south of Albany, you might want to check out Jetblue out of Stewart Airport in Newburgh, (SWF).

Checked JetBlue $270 r/t out of Newburgh (compared to $445 on SWA). The only thing, it would be a two hour drive to the airport for us :(. I wish JetBlue would come to Albany!

We are actually considering driving because flights are so ridiculous right now. I am completely bummed about it but trying to look at the bright side (we will probably add a day to our trip!). I am continuing to watch daily but so far, nothing is dropping.

We are flying out with Southwest tomorrow, and I feel like we got a pretty good deal. It ended up being $1196 RT, for 5 people. We do stop each way, but no plane changes and the stops are only scheduled to be less than 30 minutes so it works for us! Plus with gas prices what they are, it would cost us almost as much in our SUV to drive down and back. I just didn't want to make the kids ride that far (ok, seriously *I* didn't want to be stuck in a car for 20+ hours ;). I booked back in February I think, I had to watch prices for a week or so to get a good price. They were low right when they were released, then went up for a few days, and then finally came back down so I booked. I didn't figure they would get any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter