Yikes! Huge price jump in 2018!!

Every island we stopped at in French Polynesia was served with a tender. It was definitely heavenly! Talk about paradise.

To each his own.

Every island we stopped at in French Polynesia was served with a tender. It was definitely heavenly! Talk about paradise.

To each his own.

(English not being my mother tongue, I am not quite sure if you agree or if it was sarcastic. :confused3)

I don't find docks super cute... Islands with tendering are more difficult to access, I guess I like the challenge. :rotfl2: (That being said, when seas are rough they are most likely subject to cancellation. That's a down side.)

No sarcasm. French Polynesia is beautiful. I don't prefer tendering, but I'll gladly do it if that means a day in Fakarava or Bora Bora. I certainly wouldn't avoid going there due to having to use a tender.

To each his own is just a statement saying that some may feel differently. That's their choice. I'm not hating on anyone for their choice either way.

I absolutely agree with that. But by "not justified" I meant that there is no added value who would make the clients think that the new rates are just "adjustments" due to a better offer.

I just don't see the DCL cruises as a "good value" anymore... We're still doing the 3 nights but I don't think we'll sail with them in the future unless they do more 3 or 4 nights cruises (less expensive) somewhere else than the Bahamas.
I agree with you. For the money the value isn't there. Often for the same money as I can sail an ocean view I can do a same # of nights on NCL in a Haven suite. I don't mind the money but I can so much more elsewhere. Even off-peak is to the point where I'm leaning against it. They won't miss me but I'll still be on the lookout for some deals :)

No sarcasm. French Polynesia is beautiful. I don't prefer tendering, but I'll gladly do it if that means a day in Fakarava or Bora Bora. I certainly wouldn't avoid going there due to having to use a tender.

To each his own is just a statement saying that some may feel differently. That's their choice. I'm not hating on anyone for their choice either way.

I would never give up a port just because you have to tender. I don't mind the boat ride, it's just that I've yet to be on a cruise line that has the system down pat -- it's always chaotic and, sometimes, outright confusing. But if it gets me to a new location, it's all worth it ;)

I would never give up a port just because you have to tender. I don't mind the boat ride, it's just that I've yet to be on a cruise line that has the system down pat -- it's always chaotic and, sometimes, outright confusing. But if it gets me to a new location, it's all worth it ;)

I guess it can't be that much worst than having to take a boat to go on an excursion like we did for Blue Lagoon (Nassau). We got out of the ship, waited 30 minutes on the pier, walked 5 minutes to go take a 30 minutes boat ride to get to the island. We had choppy waters. It was fun. :)

I guess it can't be that much worst than having to take a boat to go on an excursion like we did for Blue Lagoon (Nassau). We got out of the ship, waited 30 minutes on the pier, walked 5 minutes to go take a 30 minutes boat ride to get to the island. We had choppy waters. It was fun. :)

True, so true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter