Yet another Solo DDE Dining Report, pics of course! DONE 3/1 pg 11

We had this over Thanksgiving and I agree it was dry. Nothing really exciting. I was a bit disappointed with Rose and Crown this time around and I can't quite put my finger on it. It wasn't as good as our 1st trip there.

yeah i wonder why it wasn't so great. but yeah, won't stop me from going back

Love your reviews! I agree with you, sticky toffee pudding is :confused: .. well, I've had better desserts!

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

thanks so much!

Loved your last family review and am loving this one also.

thanks!

I have yet to try it !! I know English Rose and not tried the Rose& Crown!!!
I have been to Raglan Road and liked that and plan a repeat next year !! I am going solo in May and with the family inSept tentaviley Sept 12th thru 20th .
In 2010 I am torn between Fockerfest in Aug ( kinda hot)and Dec.for the Christmas season, but Oct sounds nice too

haha, yeah, you really need to get to R&C! EnglishRose47 ;)

Yes I grew up on Bangers and mash , Fish and chips and of course peas !!I am surprised they don't have pork pies or sausage rolls though!! If they had pork pies I would have been a regular already!!:rotfl2: I make my own sausage rolls but can't duplicate pork pies!!

Yes I grew up on Bangers and mash , Fish and chips and of course peas !!I am surprised they don't have pork pies or sausage rolls though!! If they had pork pies I would have been a regular already!!:rotfl2: I make my own sausage rolls but can't duplicate pork pies!!

i guess they have to dumb down the food a bit for us silly americans! but raglan road is good right? someday i'll have to give that a try! i had an ADR set for there on one of my trips, but i ended up cancelling for something else! someday, i will though!

Merry Christmas Marcia! Thanks for the updates :santa:

merry merry to you and everyone else!

ok, so like i said, not doing anything, so i'll be posting another update sooooon!

Columbia Harbour House, lunch, 11.16.08

So I had heard about how they got rid of the half sandwich/soup combo, and I was pretty disappointed. But at least I had gotten to have the vegetarian chili days earlier. So this time, I went for the Lighthouse Sandwich - hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw. I even got my choice of sides, so I went for the apple slices, which I ended up saving for later. I went for "lunch" around 11am, as I had slept in that morning, since I had MVMCP later that day.

Food report, right. So here's the Lighthouse Sandwich
pic004.jpg

It's on toasted multi-grain bread. Perfectly up my alley! Hummus, multi-grain, aw yeah. And I haven't gotten to have it in a while, what with mostly eating at Table Services with my DDE...er, sorry, Tables in Wonderland...card. Love love love this sandwich. And I drank the water that I brought with me. (love doing a fridge swap too!).

Oh yes, let's not forget, the bagged apple slices
pic005.jpg

Like I said, I saved them for a snack. I finished the sandwich and was not at all hungry anymore. Not sure when I ended up eating them, but they were fine when I did.

next up: dinner @Crystal Palace

DH had that sandwich when we were there a few weeks ago and he loved it. Said it was perfect, not too heavy but filling :thumbsup2 The one thing we learned while at CHH this time; you can order the sandwiches seperate. On the menu they come with chips (or apple slices) but if you don't want them (we didn't) they can take the chips off and the price actually goes down :eek: :woohoo:

CHH is on my list for lunch in May!!

it's most definitely my fav counter service in the MK! i love different choices other than burgers and the like.

DH had that sandwich when we were there a few weeks ago and he loved it. Said it was perfect, not too heavy but filling :thumbsup2 The one thing we learned while at CHH this time; you can order the sandwiches seperate. On the menu they come with chips (or apple slices) but if you don't want them (we didn't) they can take the chips off and the price actually goes down :eek: :woohoo:

oh man, good to know about ordering the sandwich alone! i didn't *need* the apple slices. although, they did make a nice snack later. oh well, live and learn! thanks for the tip!

More please!! I can't stand the suspense!!! :yay:

glad you're enjoying! i'll be posting another soon!

Le Vins des Chefs de France, alcohol, 11.16.08

So well, my original plan was to stay in MK all day since I had the MVMCP that night, but well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to hit Epcot for a few more shows of Off Kilter. So of course, I had some drinks. Grey Goose Slushie, to start!
pic015.jpg

Rose & Crown Pub, alcohol, 11.16.08

And then after finishing off my first drink, I stopped by the pub for a Welsh Dragon to enjoy during the Off Kilter show.
pic017.jpg

Then I repeated the above between the 2:30 and 3:30 shows! So yeah, here's a couple more pics of pretty much the same things!

pic023.jpg

pic024.jpg

There will be food in the next post :lmao:

Loving the reviews! :thumbsup2

I'm going solo for the first time in Sept 09 and reading your TRs and DRs gives me some great ideas of what to do.

Crystal Palace, dinner, 11.16.08

So before the MVMCP, I had an ADR for Crystal Palace at 4:45ish. I checked in around 4:35 and was seated a few minutes later. I need to make a note here. I had lots of plates. But I didn't eat it all, LOL!!! Cause man, I'm looking at these pictures, and it sure looks like a butt-load of food!!! Ok, so here we go.

Once I was seated, I ordered a drink, probably an iced tea. Yes, I do believe that's what I had. I enjoy the iced tea in Disney, unsweetened, so I can add my own Splenda. Thank you very much. The characters were still a bit away, so my server assured me I had time to get a plate of food. So I did.

Here we have peel-n-eat shrimp, a quinoa salad w/shrimp and hearts of palm, and a mixed lettuce salad. Love those shrimp!
pic035.jpg

Then Tigger and Piglet came around to say hi.
pic037.jpg

pic039.jpg

Then I had some time before the other two arrived, so I got some more food.

Next plate: broccoli, corn spoon bread, veggie pasta, creamy pasta, and salmon
pic040.jpg

I'm a broccoli lover, although, I tend to prefer it a little less crunchy. But still, I love it anyway. Wasn't really a fan of the corn spoon bread or the veggie pasta. The creamy pasta was pretty good though. And the salmon is decent as well.

Another plate: more broccoli, pizza, ratatouille over rice, mac & cheese from the kids buffet, and some garlic mashed potatoes
pic041.jpg

Again, I love broccoli. I had a bite of the pizza. Don't even know why I took it. I don't normally eat pizza so I guess it was just because I was treating myself. Big fan of the ratatouille over rice though. Maybe it's because I love veggies. Good stuff. Mac & cheese, really same deal as the pizza. And the mashed potatoes weren't anything special.

Then it was time for Eeyore and Pooh to come by
pic043.jpg

pic045.jpg

After that, I moved on to desserts. I got 2 plates. Cuz I'm a little piggie! Haha.

First dessert plate: pumpkin cheesecake, tiramisu, chocolate whiskey thing, banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and carrot cake
pic046.jpg

Everything I really just took a bite of to try it. But I love that bread pudding. It's so so so good!

Second dessert plate: cup of ice cream, apple crumble, and more bread pudding!
pic047.jpg

Delish! Really can't complain. I don't normally eat desserts too often, so this was a treat!

Piglet and Tigger came around again before I left and said hi
pic049.jpg

pic050.jpg

I was done and leaving by 5:55. So just over an hour. But I could have been out of there earlier, since the characters had already been by. So I was happy about that. Quick in and out for a character buffet is a good thing in my book :thumbsup2

I also took some pics of the topiaries at the entrance on my way out
pic051.jpg

pic052.jpg

pic053.jpg

Overall, a pretty good meal. Nothing mind blowing or anything, but very convenient for a party night. Yes, probably more convenient to do a counter service, but well, I get a discount with my DDE card on sit downs, and not counters. So sit downs will usually win for me!

that would be awesome if our trips would overlap! when are you going next? looks like march 4-11 for me! and so glad you enjoyed the italian margarita! i always worry that other people won't like my recommendations! LOL! /QUOTE]

Ohh...I'll be doing my first every solo trip during that time too. Are you heading there for the Princess 1/2 Marathon?

Sorry...not meaning to hijack....I was reading your review for inspiration as I'm a bit leary of eating solo...afraid of being bored or lonely. :)

Love Cp It is my must do everytime !!First Ilove the Characters !! Then I love shrimp and mussels, I try a little of many things too, then hit the dessrt, I sure hope they have Tiramusu in May !!
Alphabetsoup I am going solo again in May !! I loved my solo trip. I didn't feelstrange at all eating solo !!I love people watching and just absorbing the atmosphere allby myself !!

I'm enjoying your food trip report very much!:goodvibes Everything looks so good, even the veggie stuff, and I am not a huge fan of veggies. But I do love broccoli!

I would love to know how you can enjoy your adult beverages, and not have to go find a place to nap. It sounds like the perfect way to spend the day, watching Off Kilter and having some drinks.:drinking1

We ate Crystal Palace for dinner the last 2 years, one before the Pirate and Princess Party. We all thought it was quite good for a character buffet.:thumbsup2 Keep up the good reviews. :goodvibes

Hi, I'm really enjoying your solo trip report. I'm planning my first solo trip for next December, and am trying to judge how comfortable I'll be eating at various table service places.

I'm glad to see that even at the character meals there seems to be no "solo" issues.

Can't wait to hear more!

once again, i must apologize for the long absence! i'm going to blame work again! i've just been so busy i haven't had a chance to sit down and write these out. i'm sorry!

Ohh...I'll be doing my first every solo trip during that time too. Are you heading there for the Princess 1/2 Marathon?

Sorry...not meaning to hijack....I was reading your review for inspiration as I'm a bit leary of eating solo...afraid of being bored or lonely. :)

nope, not doing the marathon, although one of these days i'll do one of those! just pretty much picked the dates randomly, just didn't want to get too close to easter. and don't worry, i love being solo! i don't feel awkward at all!

Love Cp It is my must do everytime !!First Ilove the Characters !! Then I love shrimp and mussels, I try a little of many things too, then hit the dessrt, I sure hope they have Tiramusu in May !!
Alphabetsoup I am going solo again in May !! I loved my solo trip. I didn't feelstrange at all eating solo !!I love people watching and just absorbing the atmosphere allby myself !!

hey rosie! i know you love CP, i think of you when i'm there! and i feel exactly the same about being solo. so much fun!

I'm enjoying your food trip report very much!:goodvibes Everything looks so good, even the veggie stuff, and I am not a huge fan of veggies. But I do love broccoli!

I would love to know how you can enjoy your adult beverages, and not have to go find a place to nap. It sounds like the perfect way to spend the day, watching Off Kilter and having some drinks.:drinking1

thanks! and yeah well, at least in epcot, the drinks don't seem all that strong to me. granted, on a normal night out, i can do 4 drinks and still drive home. so if that helps you gauge. anyway... :)

We ate Crystal Palace for dinner the last 2 years, one before the Pirate and Princess Party. We all thought it was quite good for a character buffet.:thumbsup2 Keep up the good reviews. :goodvibes

thanks! yeah i really enjoy it there!

Great reviews and glad you had a great solo trip! Everything looks so good!

thanks, it was awesome :thumbsup2

Hi, I'm really enjoying your solo trip report. I'm planning my first solo trip for next December, and am trying to judge how comfortable I'll be eating at various table service places.

I'm glad to see that even at the character meals there seems to be no "solo" issues.

Can't wait to hear more!

oh yes, definitely enjoy it! it's such a different experience, but i love it so much!

ok, i'm going to write another review now!

Akershus, breakfast, 11.17.08

This morning, I had an ADR set for Akershus for the Princess breakfast. I like indulging my inner child, since I never got to do these things growing up. I've done the lunch here before, but never the breakfast. I really didn't go for the food, but the characters, but it was a nice surprise.

I'm not sure what time my ADR was for, but it was the latest that was available when I got around to making my ressies. Somewhere around 10am or so. I had planned on "sleeping in" this morning, meaning I wasn't aiming for rope drop. Ha, even so, I managed to get to Epcot right after it opened at 9. So I made a quick stop in the Character Connection (with no line!), and then grabbed a FP for Soarin before heading over to Norway.

I arrived a bit early, and they wouldn't let me check in. So I killed some time looking around, and even ran into Mary Poppins. Anyway, they let me check in closer to my ADR time, and I was taken in at just after 10. First stop - picture with Belle, of course
pic013.jpg

I also took a pic of the Christmas decorations they had up
pic014.jpg

After being seated and ordering coffee, my waiter sent me off to the cold buffet. This is what I came back with. Fruit and some pastries. Only took a couple bites, since the hot plate was yet to come.
pic018.jpg

Before I knew it, my waiter was back with my plate-o-food. Holy man, lots of food! I'm only one person! I think this is probably the platter they give to two people, as they don't experience many solos! Ha, well, I felt a little wasteful! But what I did eat was num num good! Bacon (which I don't eat) and sausage, cheesy potatoes, and scrambled eggs.
pic019.jpg

Oh man, those potatoes were TO DIE FOR!!! So so good! I don't have it scheduled for my next trip, but I will definitely be back, even if all they served was those potatoes! So amazing! The sausage was pretty good too, and the eggs were cooked perfectly. I was quite pleased, and I hadn't even seen any princesses yet!

Oh yes, and those princesses, they started to come soon after my food arrived, and they came in rapid succession. I think they interact more with the little kiddies. I didn't mind though, I got my pics.
pic020.jpg

pic021.jpg

pic022.jpg

pic023.jpg

Lovely breakfast, food and atmosphere. Like I said, I will surely be returning!

Margarita stand, alcohol, 11.17.08

After spending some time in Epcot, using my FP for Soarin, and hanging out for a bit, I made my way back to World Showcase where my first stop was Mexico, since I hadn't had a margarita yet this trip. Normally, I get the green apple, as it's my fav, but I decided to go with half mango/half green apple. Good stuff :thumbsup2
pic026.jpg

next up: fun @the Tune In Lounge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter