Yet another fastpass question

DrD

Mouseketeer
OK, I know you need a ticket to get a FP, but after that is it tied to your ticket? for instance, if we have a FP for 6pm, but the kids poop out at 4 and want to go back to hotel, can we give our FP to someone else in our group (we're going with a few families) to use?

thanks in advance.

No, the FP is not tied to your ticket and you can give it to someone else.

We have had FP's that we have not been able to use before and gave them to a random person on our way out of the park.

Yep, I have been on both the giving and receiving end of FP with other people. They don't look at your park ticket when you use your FP.

We asked 4 teenage boys if they wanted our FPs to Splash Mountain and one got out his wallet and asked how much we wanted for them. We told him they were free and they were so excited! A pooped out family offered us their FPs to Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror one evening. We already had our own set but took them up on their offer so our kids could ride extra times without the wait.

The first time we ever rode Dinosaur, I hit the FP machine so we could ride it again as soon as we got off. And the plan worked perfectly, except that my boys found the ride so traumatizing that they didn't want to ever ride it again. I ended up giving the Fastpasses to a British family of five who had just wandered up.

Just to be technically correct :)

Yes, a Fastpass is tied to your ticket. Your ticket number is actually printed on it down at the very bottom of the ticket, right under the time you can get another one.

But Disney does not scan the Fastpasses or do anything else with them at this time to know whether you used them, or whether someone else used them, since you don't have to present anything else but your Fastpass to use them.

In theory they could scan them all later if they want data on how many of them were actually used, but as far as I know they actually throw them out.

Disney did experiment with a scanner system, but that was to check for false/expired (as in previous day) FPs and they elected not to push forward with it for the time being.

Although the tickets are marked "non-transferable", Disney only cares that you dont SELL the FP. Giving them free to other guests for use that day is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter