Yes, We're Satisfied With Our Care! October 2015 TR **NEW 8/21 Final Thoughts

Day 9: Sunday October 25th

Suddenly it was here – our very last day! We were up early to get ready, throw our last few belongings in the suitcases, and give one last pass through the room to make sure we hadn’t missed anything. DH loaded up the car and brought the rental stroller down to the lobby to return it. We had brought one of our umbrella strollers to use for DS both in the airport and to use for this last day in the park since we were leaving MK and going straight to the airport. We were on our way by 7:50 am, just 5 minutes after we had said we wanted to be leaving. Not bad!

Of course, we wanted to spend our last day in Magic Kingdom, and today we had planned to get there in enough time to see the Welcome Show. So far, we were making good time. No hiccups at the TTC as we took a monorail over to MK. We had about 10 minutes to spare when we arrived. Unfortunately, we got an abbreviated version of the welcome show with no singing & dancing, and no train.

We hadn’t really been planning on it, but we had decided last minute to give Mine Train a shot at rope drop. It was our only chance to ride it, so we had our fingers crossed it would work out! Once the park opened, we hustled over there with the masses, DH moving a little quicker since he would ride first. He jumped in line while I took the kids over to get a rider swap. Hoping it wouldn’t take too long, I took the kids on a potty stop and then onto the Carrousel.

Meanwhile, DH was cruising through the queue.

Meanwhile, DS and I were taking a little spin on the Carrousel! I was able to go on with DD in the carrier, I just had to sit in one of the stationary seats. So I hurried over to one and made sure DS got on the horse right beside me.

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Once we were done, I got a text from DH that he was done with Mine Train! We had expected it to take a lot longer, so I’m glad we had decided to go for it at rope drop! We met in front of Winnie the Pooh which only had a 5 minute wait, so we went on that next.

Oct 09-027

Oct 09-028

Oct 09-029

Oct 09-030

Oct 09-031

Oct 09-032

Oct 09-033
Happy WINDSday!

Oct 09-034

Oct 09-035

Oct 09-036

Oct 09-037

Oct 09-038

Continued in next post...

Day 9 Continued: Sunday October 25th

Oct 09-040

Oct 09-041
“Heffalumps and Wooooooooozles…”

Oct 09-042
“…Beware…”

Oct 09-043
“…BEWARE!!”

Oct 09-044

Oct 09-045

Oct 09-046

Oct 09-047

Next, I decided to go use my rider swap on Mine Train. I couldn’t get DS convinced to come with me, so I went by myself. It was a fun ride, but I don’t know. I guess I had gotten it too hyped up in my mind, and it didn’t live up to that hype. But I’m glad I was able to try it, for sure.

While I was on Mine Train, DH had taken the kids on It’s a Small World.

I met them at the exit to Small World once I was done. It was about time for DD to eat, so I started off towards baby care while DH and DS were heading off on a very different kind of adventure!

UP NEXT: Time to Get Wet!

Unfortunately, we got an abbreviated version of the welcome show with no singing & dancing, and no train.
Well, that's a bummer. I wonder why? :confused3

Meanwhile, DH was cruising through the queue.
Cool to see this. I've only ever done FP+ there.

Next, I decided to go use my rider swap on Mine Train. I couldn’t get DS convinced to come with me, so I went by myself. It was a fun ride, but I don’t know. I guess I had gotten it too hyped up in my mind, and it didn’t live up to that hype. But I’m glad I was able to try it, for sure.
Aw, sorry DS wouldn't go on, but glad you got a chance to ride. I really had to work to make sure I didn't hype it up too much, as I'd heard that was easy to do. So, I enjoy it, but there are better coasters. However, Izzy and I watched a youtube video of 7DMT today and she is super excited and keeps singing "Heigh-ho" now. I think that will make it extra fun to bring her on it.

Sounds like a successful morning thus far! I'm glad you guys got to get on Mine Train. I didn't realize- this was the first time riding it for you guys??

hmm, odd that they had the shortened Welcome show - not sure why?

That's great that it worked out that you got on Mine Train and good tip for DH to get in line while you went to get the rider swap. I think ones enjoyment or opinion of the Mine Train is all about expectations. Those that were expecting something amazing and like Big Thunder are likely disappointed but if you had slightly lower expectations I think it is quite enjoyable and I think it is a great coaster for kids with how smooth it is (in some ways, a better "first" coaster than Barnstormer)

You all seemed productive with what you got done while the other parent was riding Mine Train!

Too bad about the short Welcome Show! How strange since it wasn't an EMH, right? Maybe a technical or performer issue?

Glad you both got to ride Mine Train! I didn't realize you haven't been on it yet. I really enjoy the story and ride but we've done it several times now so my expectations are a little lower for the length.

Love the Winnie the Pooh pictures! That's a hard ride to photograph with the dark and movement, especially Tigger!

Well, that's a bummer. I wonder why? :confused3

No clue! It was strange. They just all came out waving and that was it.

Cool to see this. I've only ever done FP+ there.

Me too! I think DH is the only one of us to go standby so I've never seen the regular queue either.

Aw, sorry DS wouldn't go on, but glad you got a chance to ride. I really had to work to make sure I didn't hype it up too much, as I'd heard that was easy to do. So, I enjoy it, but there are better coasters. However, Izzy and I watched a youtube video of 7DMT today and she is super excited and keeps singing "Heigh-ho" now. I think that will make it extra fun to bring her on it.

We finally got him on it in February and it totally made all the difference. It was way more fun riding together than riding with only strangers! DH and I actually didn't even try for FPs for it when we go in a few days just us together. It's so much better watching DS enjoy it! Hopefully Izzy loves it too!

Sounds like a successful morning thus far! I'm glad you guys got to get on Mine Train. I didn't realize- this was the first time riding it for you guys??

Yes, it was the first time! Before this trip, we hadn't been in the parks since May 2014 RIGHT before it opened! We were really excited to ride it, but it didn't live up to the hype of 2 hour standby waits. We were glad we got to ride it with little to no wait this time.

hmm, odd that they had the shortened Welcome show - not sure why?

That's great that it worked out that you got on Mine Train and good tip for DH to get in line while you went to get the rider swap. I think ones enjoyment or opinion of the Mine Train is all about expectations. Those that were expecting something amazing and like Big Thunder are likely disappointed but if you had slightly lower expectations I think it is quite enjoyable and I think it is a great coaster for kids with how smooth it is (in some ways, a better "first" coaster than Barnstormer)

You all seemed productive with what you got done while the other parent was riding Mine Train!

It was definitely strange, and no explanation. Kind of a bummer for our last day and the only day we were able to see the opening show.

We've used that method for getting rider swap a few times now. I find as long as the CM giving them out can see the person in line, they have no problem giving it to us even if we are not all standing together in front of them.

It is definitely great for kids! DS ended up getting on it in February and loved it, and watching him have such a great time definitely enhanced my appreciation of it. It's just not as fun riding something for the first time by yourself, so that probably didn't help. But I definitely enjoyed it!

We have gotten pretty good at the switch off method!

Too bad about the short Welcome Show! How strange since it wasn't an EMH, right? Maybe a technical or performer issue?

Glad you both got to ride Mine Train! I didn't realize you haven't been on it yet. I really enjoy the story and ride but we've done it several times now so my expectations are a little lower for the length.

Love the Winnie the Pooh pictures! That's a hard ride to photograph with the dark and movement, especially Tigger!

It was really a bummer since it was our last morning and the only one we had planned on seeing the welcome show. Could have been a problem with the train! I didn't think of that.

We hadn't been in the parks before this trip since early May of 2014 which was right before it opened! We were excited to get on it for the first time but probably would have been more enjoyable had we all been able to ride together. Well, not DD obviously. lol But if DH, DS and I had somehow been able to ride together.

Yeah, I have tried & failed at taking pictures inside that ride when DH was not with me. That's why I now leave the tough stuff to him!

Once we were done, I got a text from DH that he was done with Mine Train! We had expected it to take a lot longer, so I’m glad we had decided to go for it at rope drop! We met in front of Winnie the Pooh which only had a 5 minute wait, so we went on that next.

Awesome job getting on 7DMT and then the other rides, love first thing in the morning

I love it because I love seeing Aria so excited to ride. It is definitely shorter though than I'd like. I've never waited more than the FP time for it, and wouldn't! lol

Awesome job getting on 7DMT and then the other rides, love first thing in the morning

I love it because I love seeing Aria so excited to ride. It is definitely shorter though than I'd like. I've never waited more than the FP time for it, and wouldn't! lol

All of the stars aligned and it worked out perfectly. Even at rope drop, 7DMT could be a total cluster! So we got lucky that DH was one of the first few in the queue and could get through quickly.

I definitely agree with you on that. It is way more fun watching your kids have fun on it than it is to ride by yourself! When we went back in February, DS was feeling a little braver and really enjoyed it. The happy squeals coming from him made me enjoy it exponentially more than when I rode alone!

I totally apologize for the lack of updates. DH and I spent this past weekend at WDW just us, no kids! We went to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the DIS Unplugged podcast, attending the podcast taping and some of the other meets throughout the weekend. I had fully intended to do an update before we left, but it was just crazy leading up to our departure. Hopefully I can get caught back up with everyone's TRs as well, because I know I'm REALLY behind by now!!

When I left off, we had all met up together by It's a Small World to see what we were going to do next. We had a Splash Mountain FP+ for that time, so DH and DS went to use theirs while I took DD to Baby Care to eat.

Oct 09-063

Oct 09-064

Oct 09-065

Oct 09-066

Oct 09-067

Oct 09-068

Oct 09-069

Oct 09-070

Oct 09-071

Oct 09-072

Oct 09-073

Oct 09-074

Oct 09-075

Oct 09-076

Oct 09-077

Oct 09-078

Oct 09-079

Oct 09-081

Oct 09-082

Oct 09-083

Oct 09-084

Oct 09-085

Oct 09-088

Oct 09-091

Oct 09-092

Oct 09-093

Oct 09-094

Oct 09-095

Oct 09-096

MK_SPLASH_7506035013

I met them by the Splash play area outside of the ride, and although I had been debating it, I decided to go ahead and ride using my FP+. I always end up leaving this ride for the very last day when I have to be on a plane later so I really don’t want to get wet, but then it’s my favorite ride and I also don’t want to miss out on it! Luckily, I didn’t end up getting too wet. It helped that I was in the back row and by myself, so I could slide from side to side to avoid the water sprays as needed. It was kind of fun because I was riding with a log full of first timers who would get excited at every little lift thinking it was the Big Drop!

And gosh darnit, while I was riding Splash, they decided to see Country Bear Jamboree with me. I hope that comment was as dripping with sarcasm in your head while reading it as it was in mine while typing it!

When I found them after my ride on Splash and their time with the Country Bears, DH had picked up a Dole Whip for us to share! There’s a reason we are so perfect for each other. Lol Of course, the only logical thing to do after having dessert is to go have lunch! We ended up at Pinocchio’s where DH got a pepperoni flatbread, DS got a kids cheese flatbread, and I had the parmesan chicken sandwich, which was SO good!

Untitled

After lunch, we went over to Ariel to visit her under the sea and use our FP+.

Oct 09-106

Oct 09-107

Oct 09-108

Oct 09-109

Oct 09-110

Oct 09-111

Oct 09-112
DH recently made me laugh when we were choosing pictures from our February trip for him to edit and he said, “I think I take a picture of this guy every time we ride this.”

Oct 09-113

Oct 09-114

Oct 09-115

Oct 09-116

Oct 09-117
After that, we split up. DS and I had FP+ for Dumbo while DH had one for Haunted Mansion. It’s one of his favorites but we don’t ride it as often since DS is too afraid. Well, he was sick of missing it, so he decided to get one of his FP+ for it!

Untitled
Dumbo selfie!

Now, let’s tag along with DH as he makes his way over to Haunted Mansion.

Oct 09-118

Oct 09-119

Oct 09-120

Oct 09-121

Oct 09-123
Made it!

Oct 09-124

Oct 09-125

Oct 09-126

Oct 09-127

Oct 09-128

Meanwhile, once DS, DD and I had finished riding Dumbo, DS had said he wanted to play. We actually had to wait in line just to go into the play area! It sucked, but it moved pretty quickly. And I was happy to get off my feet for a little bit and sit in some A/C while he played.

After letting him play awhile, we met DH at baby care so I could take DD to eat one more time. While waiting for me, they took a spin on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin and then visited the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Once DD was done eating, I had really wanted to get a ride in on the People Mover, but it was nearing time for us to leave for the airport and I was scared of getting stuck on a ride. So we decided instead to spend our last few minutes in MK having some ice cream at the Plaza!

Oct 09-154

Oct 09-155
I ate one of my cookie Mickey ears before remembering to have DH take a picture!

Oct 09-156

Oct 09-157

Oct 09-158
One last photo of this beauty!!
And one last photo on Main Street…
Our time at the airport was fairly uneventful, but we hit some pretty bad weather on the flight home. We had some scary turbulence that had me holding on to DD for dear life! She slept through the whole thing, though, and nursed once during the flight. We landed late because the pilot had to circle the airport a couple of times before he could land. So we were already running behind schedule, and then we get over to the baggage carousels and our bags were the absolute last to come off! We still had a little over 2 hour drive home and it was already 7:30 pm.

We were greeted outside by practically hurricane weather as DH ran to pick up our truck and come back to pick up the three of us and our bags. It was absolutely pouring rain and terrible wind. There was a police officer out patrolling who was WONDERFUL and helped me get the kids in their car seats and settled while DH was loading up the suitcases into the back. We stopped for a quick dinner right near the airport, and I swear there were tornado sirens going off while we waited for our food! It was terrible weather to drive home in! We finally made it home at 9:45 pm, which was not so bad for DH and the kids as he had the day off and so did DS since the teachers at school were having an in-service, so the three of them were able to stay home and relax. Meanwhile, I had to get up early the next day for my first day back at work after a 3 month maternity leave! It was definitely not the most ideal timing to go back to work. :rotfl:But I survived!

And that’s it! Thanks for following along with another one of our Disney World trips, and stay tuned for some final thoughts!

Wow, you've been busy! :faint:

First off, hope your latest trip was great - it sure looked awesome from what I saw.

Loved all the last updates on this trip. As always, the pictures are amazing! :lovestruc

I always try to get the last row on Splash Mountain so I don't get too wet! :thumbsup2

How nice of DH to greet you with a Dole Whip! :love:

Sorry for the rough flight home - that would be so scary, especially with a lap baby! :scared: And the late, stormy drive home before going back to work from maternity leave would be rough! Glad you made it through.

As always, thanks so much for sharing your trip! :goodvibes

When I found them after my ride on Splash and their time with the Country Bears, DH had picked up a Dole Whip for us to share! There’s a reason we are so perfect for each other. Lol Of course, the only logical thing to do after having dessert is to go have lunch!

Hahah how perfect!

After that, we split up. DS and I had FP+ for Dumbo while DH had one for Haunted Mansion. It’s one of his favorites but we don’t ride it as often since DS is too afraid. Well, he was sick of missing it, so he decided to get one of his FP+ for it!

Good idea!! DD isn't a fan either but she'll ride it

Meanwhile, once DS, DD and I had finished riding Dumbo, DS had said he wanted to play. We actually had to wait in line just to go into the play area! It sucked, but it moved pretty quickly. And I was happy to get off my feet for a little bit and sit in some A/C while he played.

I wish they had more play areas like this! We typically ride Dumbo with no wait in the morning and generally the play area isn't even open yet. Aria doesn't even really care about the ride but LOVES the play area!

We were greeted outside by practically hurricane weather as DH ran to pick up our truck and come back to pick up the three of us and our bags. It was absolutely pouring rain and terrible wind. There was a police officer out patrolling who was WONDERFUL and helped me get the kids in their car seats and settled while DH was loading up the suitcases into the back

Aw that is nice! What crazy weather to get home to.

Meanwhile, I had to get up early the next day for my first day back at work after a 3 month maternity leave! It was definitely not the most ideal timing to go back to work. :rotfl:But I survived!

Wow, I forgot you started the very next day! Were you exhausted?

I'm glad you had a good ride on Splash Mountain!

What a good DH- took DS to see Country Bears AND got you a dole whip!

Sounds like some fun last moments in MK! I'm sorry you didn't get to go on the People Mover though. The ice cream sure looks yummy though!

Sounds like a stressful return home :( But you made it!

Thank you for sharing another wonderful TR!! :)

Wow, you've been busy! :faint:

First off, hope your latest trip was great - it sure looked awesome from what I saw.

Loved all the last updates on this trip. As always, the pictures are amazing! :lovestruc

I always try to get the last row on Splash Mountain so I don't get too wet! :thumbsup2

How nice of DH to greet you with a Dole Whip! :love:

Sorry for the rough flight home - that would be so scary, especially with a lap baby! :scared: And the late, stormy drive home before going back to work from maternity leave would be rough! Glad you made it through.

As always, thanks so much for sharing your trip! :goodvibes

Oh man, YES. And it's pretty non-stop coming up with birthdays, weddings, school starting...

It was amazing! And definitely necessary. We really enjoyed a bit of time to ourselves enjoying our favorite place, even though we missed our kiddos terribly.

I don't know why I always end up leaving Splash for my last day when I risk getting soaked and not being able to go back to my room and change. lol I need to plan that out smarter next time...

I knew there was a reason we stay married!! lol

It was terrifying. I'm just glad DD slept through the whole thing, because my nerves were already fried and her crying would have stressed me out so much more! Looking back, I should have just asked my boss for 1 more day and I'm sure she would have understood, but I just felt so bad already for being gone for 12 weeks and asking for one more day seemed like a jerk move.

Thank you for following along!

Hahah how perfect!

Good idea!! DD isn't a fan either but she'll ride it

I wish they had more play areas like this! We typically ride Dumbo with no wait in the morning and generally the play area isn't even open yet. Aria doesn't even really care about the ride but LOVES the play area!

Aw that is nice! What crazy weather to get home to.

Wow, I forgot you started the very next day! Were you exhausted?

I still haven't been able to convince DS to give it another try. But I can remember being a bit scared of it as a kid, so I cut him some slack on that one.

DS loves all of the play areas too! I totally didn't know about the huge one at the end of Mission Space because it had been so long since we had done that ride, but we discovered it on this last adults only trip. I'm still not sure if we should let him try it because we might never get him out!! He really loves the Dumbo play area too now that he is big enough for the tunnels and stuff for older kids.

Oh my gosh, I was SO exhausted. It was a terrible way to go back to work, and thinking back on it now, I should have just asked for one more day and I'm sure my boss would have understood.

I'm glad you had a good ride on Splash Mountain!

What a good DH- took DS to see Country Bears AND got you a dole whip!

Sounds like some fun last moments in MK! I'm sorry you didn't get to go on the People Mover though. The ice cream sure looks yummy though!

Sounds like a stressful return home :( But you made it!

Thank you for sharing another wonderful TR!! :)

It's my absolute favorite!

He's definitely a keeper. lol He always asks to see Country Bears and I usually shoot him down because I don't like it, so knocking that one out without me was much appreciated. Plus a Dole Whip is always a nice surprise!

The ice cream certainly softened the blow of missing People Mover. But I didn't realize I would be missing it on the next two trips we took! I made up for it though this past weekend. I think we went 3 or 4 times in just the few days we were there!

Thanks for following along!

Unfortunately, we got an abbreviated version of the welcome show with no singing & dancing, and no train.

That's not good! I love the Welcome Show!

I love this photo of Paxton. He seems so happy and relaxed!

I just want to say a huge thank you for sharing this trip. It looks like you all had a fantastic time. Thanks to @DDuck4Life for the amazing photos. I am sure Paxton and Delilah will enjoy looking at the report in years to come. Although Delilah may not remember the trip first-hand you have captured some lovely memories of her First trip with some very cute photos. Looking forward to your next trip report.

Caught up on your last updates! You guys made the most of your last Disney morning. I wonder why they didn't do the full opening show?

Oh, shucks, you had to miss Country Bears AND Stitch this trip...what a disappointment!

That sounds like terrible weather to go home to. It was like the universe was mad at you for leaving Disney.
Man, getting up and going back to work the day after vacation AND the first time since maternity leave had to be rough!

Thanks for sharing another fabulous trip report with us! It looks like you guys got a lot done on your last day. I am sorry you didn't get one more ride on the peoplemover but yay for both dole whip and ice cream on one day, that's how you do it as Disney :thumbsup2

What a fun trip report! You have an absolutely adorable family. I think you're a real trooper for taking a nursing baby too! Lucky kids!! Can't wait to read some of your other reports! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter