Yes, We're Satisfied With Our Care! October 2015 TR **NEW 8/21 Final Thoughts

Day 8 Continued: Saturday October 24th

After bidding farewell to the Kingdom of Corona, it was time to use our FP+ for Enchanted Tales With Belle!

Seriously, the magic mirror is pretty much the coolest thing ever!

We moved on to the room with the wardrobe, but DS wasn’t picked for any of the main parts. He did go up at the end when they were just handing out random parts to any other kids who wanted one, and was given the footstool.

I love the Photopass version of this meet!

We trekked back through Fantasyland to Storybook Circus to use the Barnstormer FP+ we had gotten earlier.

Continued in next post...

DS and DH rode together first and we grabbed a rider swap, so once they came off, DS and I took a turn. Such a short ride, but DS absolutely loves it and is so fun to watch while riding!

We decided to go check out a FP+ kiosk to see if we could get an additional one now that we had used our three. So we made our way over to the ones by PhilharMagic. We were able to grab one for Jungle Cruise with a close return time, so we headed over to Adventureland.

Oct 08-212
by disneymom1024, on Flickr
As we passed by Rafiki, he didn’t have much of a wait so we stopped.

Oct 08-213
I wish I had written down what he was doing in this picture! Lol

Oct 08-214

Oct 08-215

Oct 08-216

MK_TREEHOUSECHAR_7506022199

MK_TREEHOUSECHAR_7506026305

The meet and greet was fun, and it killed just enough time to be able to use our FP+ at Jungle Cruise.

We were ready to head out of the park for a break around that time. Since there are FP+ kiosks right there by Jungle Cruise, we checked to see what was available for later in the day and picked up a Pirates FP+ for 5:20 pm. Before we could leave, we needed some lunch, so we stopped at Casey’s on the way out of the park. It was tough finding a table, but eventually I was able to claim one of the tall tables to stand at while DH went inside to get our meals. We ate our hot dogs quickly and took the fries to go. He had also gotten a frozen lemonade with a souvenir mug. It was very refreshing on such a warm day!

We hopped on a monorail back to the TTC and were back at Bonnet Creek in no time. While DS and DD napped, DH and I got started on packing! The worst part of any Disney World trip, that’s for sure. DH also had to make a run to the store to pick up some more wipes for DD and some bottled water for us. A little before 4 pm, we were ready to get back to MK!

UP NEXT: One Last Evening

That was one I was NOT bummed to miss out on!
I am with you here! I cannot ride any sort of teacup/spinning ride. I don't normally care on missing out on them at any theme park other than Disney, the version at DL is pretty cool looking with the open top and lanterns. How sad that you missed the PeopleMover though!

I absolutely love this ride! But it’s just so short! It’s nearly impossible to do without a FP.
Agreed. I will always use a FP on it if I can but I have no idea how people wait so long for the standby line. I do need to check out the updated queue though.

Seriously, the magic mirror is pretty much the coolest thing ever!
The magic mirror alone makes Enchanted Tales with Belle worth checking out, so cool!

Wow - wonderful updates! Your DH's pictures are just top notch. Too many to comment on but I love the ones with your DS, Belle and Lumiere in the background. Also, cute ones with Rafiki. My DS and yours share a birthday but mine is in his 30's. The years fly by! Looking forward to your night at MK!

Great updates. A very productive and fun morning at MK - glad you made that ADR in time, and CP looked like so much fun. It's definitely a favorite too. I like that they still hand out random parts at ETWB, Aria seems to get the Salt shaker a lot.

Hope you got a ride on the TTA, love that one too.

Looks like DS & DH had a lot of fun in Tomorrowland and on the Tea Cups!

I agree- Peter Pan is so short! But also one of my faves :) Love the family selfie! And DH got some great shots on the ride.

DS looks so cute with Belle! And another cute family selfie!

Sounds like a great end to the afternoon!

I am with you here! I cannot ride any sort of teacup/spinning ride. I don't normally care on missing out on them at any theme park other than Disney, the version at DL is pretty cool looking with the open top and lanterns. How sad that you missed the PeopleMover though!

It wasn't so bad when DS didn't know he could spin the teacup and make it go faster!! Now that he knows, I have to be careful because he loves making it go super fast. I LOVE the Disneyland one, especially lit up at night! So beautiful!

Agreed. I will always use a FP on it if I can but I have no idea how people wait so long for the standby line. I do need to check out the updated queue though.

We did get a chance to check out the standby queue in February, I think. It's awesome! I think we went right there at rope drop, because new queue or not, I don't want to wait over an hour to ride something that is less than 2 minutes long. It's great and all, but not THAT great!

The magic mirror alone makes Enchanted Tales with Belle worth checking out, so cool!

Totally agree! Disney magic at its finest!

Wow - wonderful updates! Your DH's pictures are just top notch. Too many to comment on but I love the ones with your DS, Belle and Lumiere in the background. Also, cute ones with Rafiki. My DS and yours share a birthday but mine is in his 30's. The years fly by! Looking forward to your night at MK!

Thanks! It's so interesting to see the progression from the pictures on our first few trips to where DH is now. And every trip, he is trying to outdo the last!

How cool that they have the same birthday! I was never a big fan of Halloween, but having him so close to that holiday has made that time of year my favorite.

Great updates. A very productive and fun morning at MK - glad you made that ADR in time, and CP looked like so much fun. It's definitely a favorite too. I like that they still hand out random parts at ETWB, Aria seems to get the Salt shaker a lot.

Hope you got a ride on the TTA, love that one too.

I was truly shocked we made it to that early opening! It is still a favorite, but I know it will be harder to justify when we have to start paying for DD too. So I'm just enjoying it as much as I can right now.

DS is just getting comfortable with taking the random parts. I hope one day he will be vocal enough to get one of the main parts, but he is too shy.

Looks like DS & DH had a lot of fun in Tomorrowland and on the Tea Cups!

I agree- Peter Pan is so short! But also one of my faves :) Love the family selfie! And DH got some great shots on the ride.

DS looks so cute with Belle! And another cute family selfie!

Sounds like a great end to the afternoon!

They definitely know how to have a great time without us girls around! lol I don't mind them doing a lot of those attraction though. Besides the TTA, they are nothing I felt like I was missing out on!

I just love the Peter Pan ride. It's so quintessential DISNEY to me. But it's hard to justify doing it without a FP when the line just stays long all day.

I just love that pic of DS & Belle too!

After Astro Orbiter, they decided to go on People Mover. I was bummed when DH texted me and told me they were going on this without me. Never thought I’d see the day that the People Mover would be so high on my list of favorites!!
I would be bummed too! We love it as well.

A picture of Drunk Hippo is a must
:lmao:

I wish it was more than just potties!!
Agreed - they really need to add something non-restroom over there.

I love the Photopass version of this meet!

Very sweet! :lovestruc

While DS and DD napped, DH and I got started on packing! The worst part of any Disney World trip, that’s for sure.
::yes::

Aria seems to get the Salt shaker a lot.
:rotfl: That seems very fitting, given her fondness for salt and pepper shakers (that I'm guessing she's grown out of?)

Whew! You guys sure got a lot done that morning! Sad to hear it was so hot since we'll be down there that same week this year....hopefully the randomness of weather proves to be a bit cooler.

ugh, sorry about the issues with not being able to find DH - I am sure the combination of the sore foot and being annoyed you had forgotten your phone was not a good combination. At least you weren't too peeved at DH that you didn't let him go take photos of Hallowishes as I am still awed by them!

No, no, no ... you never do the software update when it is critical to have your phone in good working order the next day!!!!

That's great you got there on time though ... guess when you absolutely have to get out quickly you can do it - though I wouldn't want the stress every day!

Love pre-park opening ADRs and getting those photos on a (somewhat) empty Main St. I am still annoyed that they changed the park times for our upcoming trip (MK now opening at 8am instead of 9am) so our PPO CP ADR is no longer at a time before the park opens.

Bummer about missing some of the characters but at least DH got some photos! One trick I just learned is to pay the bill as soon as you sit down so once you are done you can just leave rather than having to flag down your waitress ... going to try this at the Akershus PPO ADR we have to get to the A&E M&G before the line gets too long and/or see if we get luck for the line at FAE (we did get a FP for the afternoon for the ride)

Nice meets with the princesses - I too like your tunic! Too bad about DD crying though - maybe the FGM could help with that too ;)

Too bad they went on People Mover without you!

Been a few trips for us without going on Peter Pan - I am hoping to hit it this trip but I really want to see the new queue which you skip with the FP so hoping we can get there at rope drop with out too crazy of a wait

seems like you were doing pretty well moving FP around and getting bonus ones once you were done.

that's great how much your DS loved Barnstormer! I am hoping mine feels more positively about it this trip than he did last trip ;)

I would be bummed too! We love it as well.

It has really become one of my favorites!! It ended up being awhile before I got a chance to ride. I think I missed it in both November & February, so it wasn't until May that I got to ride!

Agreed - they really need to add something non-restroom over there.

For sure. A meet & greet with Rapunzel and Flynn would have been so perfect right there.

Whew! You guys sure got a lot done that morning! Sad to hear it was so hot since we'll be down there that same week this year....hopefully the randomness of weather proves to be a bit cooler.

I was happily surprised at how much we were able to do despite the heavier crowds than we are used to and having to move a little slower with DD in tow.

It was miserably hot some days which wasn't what we are used to in October. Usually it's a lot milder than that. I'm keeping fingers crossed for nicer weather for our trips too!

ugh, sorry about the issues with not being able to find DH - I am sure the combination of the sore foot and being annoyed you had forgotten your phone was not a good combination. At least you weren't too peeved at DH that you didn't let him go take photos of Hallowishes as I am still awed by them!

It was not our best night of the trip. But once I cooled down a bit, I realized he really hadn't done any of it on purpose and I was more bothered by the pain in my foot and mad at myself for letting us separate without taking my phone!

No, no, no ... you never do the software update when it is critical to have your phone in good working order the next day!!!!

That's great you got there on time though ... guess when you absolutely have to get out quickly you can do it - though I wouldn't want the stress every day!

UGH! Lesson learned!!!! I won't ever do that again!!! I couldn't believe how quick we got up and out the door. But yeah, definitely glad we didn't have to get ready that quickly every morning.

Love pre-park opening ADRs and getting those photos on a (somewhat) empty Main St. I am still annoyed that they changed the park times for our upcoming trip (MK now opening at 8am instead of 9am) so our PPO CP ADR is no longer at a time before the park opens.

Aw, that has happened to us before, and it's a bummer. Hopefully you can still get in a few minutes before 8 for a couple quick pictures before they let everyone else in!

Bummer about missing some of the characters but at least DH got some photos! One trick I just learned is to pay the bill as soon as you sit down so once you are done you can just leave rather than having to flag down your waitress ... going to try this at the Akershus PPO ADR we have to get to the A&E M&G before the line gets too long and/or see if we get luck for the line at FAE (we did get a FP for the afternoon for the ride)

Yes, I have read this tip before many times on the boards, and for some reason it just totally didn't even occur to me that morning. It's a great tip! I have been reading reports that the A&E meet hasn't been nearly as bad as it was when they were at Fairytale Hall, so hopefully you find the same when you are there. And at least if you don't get into FAE via standby, you have the FP to fall back on. DH and I picked up some FP because we want to wait and see the new Soarin' together with DS hopefully because he really likes that ride a lot, and I don't know that he will care too much about maybe missing FAE.

Been a few trips for us without going on Peter Pan - I am hoping to hit it this trip but I really want to see the new queue which you skip with the FP so hoping we can get there at rope drop with out too crazy of a wait

We have had great luck doing PP right at rope drop! We did it recently too and it was totally worth it to see the new queue. It's fantastic!!

that's great how much your DS loved Barnstormer! I am hoping mine feels more positively about it this trip than he did last trip ;)

Aw, hopefully so! There is something so great about seeing them go from being scared of something to trying it again and loving it!

After a break back at the room to start packing, we were ready to head back to MK for our last evening of the trip. It was a little after 4 when we left to get to the TTC.

Oct 08-233

Oct 08-234

Oct 08-235
He loves the monorail!

Oct 08-236

Oct 08-238

DH wanted to go pick up some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards, so he stopped at the fire station while I decided to go check out the Emporium for some souvenir shopping.

Oct 08-239

Once he had gotten some cards, he met me in the Emporium so we could shop together.

Oct 08-240

We ended up purchasing quite a few things. I picked up the 2016 wall calendar, a picture frame for DD’s room, a magnet (we get one every trip), some Mickey socks for myself, and a Sorcerer Mickey hat for DS. My parents had told me to get him something for around $20 to be from them as his birthday gift, and that’s what he picked!

Untitled

We were able to take advantage of a promo they were doing at the time where they would ship everything home to you for free! It was great not having to worry about making room for souvenirs in our luggage! We sent everything home except the Mickey ears, which DS wanted to keep to wear. Then I popped over to the Chapeau to get DD’s first pair of Mickey ears! Well, I guess they would actually be Minnie ears. ::MinnieMo Here’s her modeling them once we were at home.

Untitled
With our shopping done, we were ready to go over to use our Pirates FP+.

Oct 08-241

Oct 08-242

Oct 08-243

Untitled
Switching hats with Daddy in the queue!

Oct 08-244

Oct 08-246

Oct 08-247

Oct 08-248

Oct 08-249

Oct 08-250

Oct 08-251

Oct 08-252

Oct 08-253

Oct 08-255

Oct 08-256

Oct 08-257

Oct 08-258

Oct 08-259

Oct 08-261

Oct 08-262

Oct 08-263

Oct 08-264

Oct 08-265

Continued in next post...

After getting our fill of a pirate’s life, we decided to stop for dinner at Columbia Harbour House. I took the kids upstairs to find a table while DH got the food, and was planning to start feeding DD while we waited. But once we got up there, I realized she’d had a blowout diaper and needed her clothes changed, so I didn’t want to start feeding her until I could get her cleaned up, so I had to wait until DH found us. Once he got to the table, I went to change her upstairs only to find out only the bathroom downstairs has a baby changing station. Really?! So it was awhile before I could eat my food and get her fed!

After dinner, we didn’t really have time to do much more since we wanted it to be a fairly early night. We decided on Mickey’s PhilharMagic since it didn’t have a long wait.

Oct 08-266
Walking through Corona at night!

Oct 08-267

Oct 08-268

Oct 08-269

Oct 08-270

Oct 08-271

Oct 08-272

Oct 08-273

Oct 08-274

Oct 08-275

Oct 08-276

Oct 08-277

Oct 08-278

Oct 08-279

Oct 08-280

Oct 08-281

Oct 08-282

It was around 7:45 pm when we finished the show, and it was time to get back to the resort so we could finish packing. But of course, DH couldn’t leave without taking a few photos along the way. The park is just so pretty at night!

We finished loading up as much as we could into our suitcases before getting to bed. We’d be up early in the morning to check out before spending just a few more hours in the park! Then it would be time to head home. :sad:

UP NEXT: One More Disney Day

That's awesome that you were able to ship your purchases back home for free!

DD's new ears are SO adorable!

Glad you made that FP for Pirates before you guys left!

Philharmagic is a great choice for something to do with a short wait!

Last night :( Look forward to reading about your last day though!

I've been reading along and just want to say how much I've enjoyed your trip report. My daughter and I have been to Disneyland many times but are doing our first Disneyworld trip in a few weeks, and reading your report has helped me make some choices on what we are going to do. And your kids are adorable!

It sounds like DS had a great birthday even if the start was hectic! Such cute pictures in front of the castle. I love the one of him with his arms wide open! And it sounds like a great breakfast at CP - I see some puffed french toast and it's making me want some now!!

Quite the busy morning! And I love the drunk hippo picture - that and the little boy with the chicken's head are my favorite crazy parts of Small World!

Sorry about the diaper issue at dinner. That's never fun to deal with, but especially frustrating when you can't find a place to take care of it and are waiting to eat!

Beautiful castle pictures both in the morning and evening - there is no such thing as too many Cinderella Castle pictures! :goodvibes

Then I popped over to the Chapeau to get DD’s first pair of Mickey ears! Well, I guess they would actually be Minnie ears. ::MinnieMo Here’s her modeling them once we were at home.

Awwwwwww.... :lovestruc

27388420025_d8c55823e7_c.jpg
I think this is the scariest Pirates picture I've ever seen! pirate:

I took the kids upstairs to find a table while DH got the food, and was planning to start feeding DD while we waited. But once we got up there, I realized she’d had a blowout diaper and needed her clothes changed, so I didn’t want to start feeding her until I could get her cleaned up, so I had to wait until DH found us. Once he got to the table, I went to change her upstairs only to find out only the bathroom downstairs has a baby changing station. Really?! So it was awhile before I could eat my food and get her fed!
:headache: Ugh, that's a rough sequence of events. Sorry you had to deal with that.

The park is just so pretty at night!
Totally agree - extra magical. pixiedust:

We’d be up early in the morning to check out before spending just a few more hours in the park! Then it would be time to head home. :sad:
:sad: Departure days are so sad. But I still am looking forward to hearing about it. :goodvibes

That's awesome that you were able to ship your purchases back home for free!

DD's new ears are SO adorable!

Glad you made that FP for Pirates before you guys left!

Philharmagic is a great choice for something to do with a short wait!

Last night :( Look forward to reading about your last day though!

It was a great promotion! I wish they would do that more often. Now with 2 kids, suitcase space is at a premium!

Thank you! I love them!!

It was nice being able to make a 4th FP+ before leaving the park. It's even easier now that we can do it from our phones, because there were a few times we forgot to make one before leaving if we were going back to the same park after our break.

Ick...the dreaded blow-out diaper! :scared1:

Ugh, right?! Always at the worst times! Although is there really a good time to have a blow-out diaper?? I don't think there is. lol

I've been reading along and just want to say how much I've enjoyed your trip report. My daughter and I have been to Disneyland many times but are doing our first Disneyworld trip in a few weeks, and reading your report has helped me make some choices on what we are going to do. And your kids are adorable!

Thanks so much for joining in!! I'm sure you will love Disney World, but it's definitely different from DL. We love both! We are actually planning our next DL trip probably for late May of next year and I'm already excited and researching everything obsessively. lol And thank you!

It sounds like DS had a great birthday even if the start was hectic! Such cute pictures in front of the castle. I love the one of him with his arms wide open! And it sounds like a great breakfast at CP - I see some puffed french toast and it's making me want some now!!

Quite the busy morning! And I love the drunk hippo picture - that and the little boy with the chicken's head are my favorite crazy parts of Small World!

Sorry about the diaper issue at dinner. That's never fun to deal with, but especially frustrating when you can't find a place to take care of it and are waiting to eat!

Beautiful castle pictures both in the morning and evening - there is no such thing as too many Cinderella Castle pictures! :goodvibes

He was a trooper taking pictures that morning. Usually he is ready to move on to the next thing and doesn't have time to pose for pictures! Too much to see & do! Oh that puffed French toast is absolutely the best. DH found a recipe online and made me some at home for my birthday! It was not the same as the CP version, but pretty darn good & so sweet of him to try it out!

YES! The chicken boy is funny too!!

I hated that she was sitting there dirty and there wasn't a thing I could do about it until DH found us. And then having to hike all around the restaurant to find the changing table while my food got cold was a pain too. It's Disney, they should have changing tables in every restroom!!! Really, though, I know it's because that one upstairs is so small, but it was still a pain at the time.

I totally agree! Never too many!!

Awwwwwww.... :lovestruc

I think this is the scariest Pirates picture I've ever seen! pirate:

:headache: Ugh, that's a rough sequence of events. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Totally agree - extra magical. pixiedust:

:sad: Departure days are so sad. But I still am looking forward to hearing about it. :goodvibes

I look at that picture and feel like I can't even remember her being so small. :sad:

It is pretty creepy!!

Sometimes it was great (and necessary) to divide and conquer, but man is it a pain in the butt when you could really use that extra pair of hands at that moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter