YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Great update! Dinner at Shula's looked wonderful!! You guys looked so pretty all dressed up. Girl I don't know how you walk in those heels! If I could get away with wearing TOMS and dress up clothes I would in a heartbeat lol.

Glad you had such a wonderful meal at Shulas! You both look beautiful!
Yikes, I can't walk in heels at the best of times, let alone on a boardwalk! :lmao: I'm impressed that you made it without breaking an ankle like I would have!
What a wonderful day, wow. A big day too, can't say I blame you for skipping MK that evening!

Great update!! I also followed the link over to check out the dining review!! Looks so good. My favorite steak so far has to be the one I had at California Grill. :lovestruc But I've never tried YSH or Shula's.

The cake pops looked very good from Starbucks! May have to try one of those just from around here somewhere.

Balloon vendor must have been a little warm. Maybe she was seeking out a little shade. :rolleyes1

You both look very nice for your dinner. :goodvibes
Mmm, heels on a boardwalk, I can see how that would be difficult. :rotfl:

Cake pops do seem really small. I know when my husband got one, he felt there were other snacks he could've bought for the same price and gotten way more out of them. But, hey, at least you can say you tried one now.

I grew up in Miami, and the Dolphins and Don Shula are etched in my memory, and especially since my father resembled Don Shula so much. I remember their perfect season very well!

On this upcoming trip, my sister and I will absolutely have to go to this steakhouse. I make no apologies for lovin' a good steak!! ::yes::

Oooh...that special entrance to the park. Does that make it worth staying at the Grand Californian? I am clueless to where to even think about staying next year on our trip. I'll need lots of help from you since it will be a first time for us.

Fun pictures; I especially love the one of you kicking your heels up.

I'm glad Em had such a great 18th birthday.

Ms. Kat, look up the Candy Cane Inn. I know the name sounds awful, but this place has been recently remodeled and it's still family owned after all these years. It's a beautiful little hotel, serves a continental breakfast every morning (which actually is way more than just that) and it's clean, reasonably priced and the best part, it's not far from the park and on the same side, no crossing streets to get there! :banana:(once you are there you'll understand why that's important) :goodvibes

Hope this helps. :)

Dinner looks and sounds like it was amazing! I've never even really thought to think about resturants in the swalphin for eating at lol. Then again, the boardwalk usually escapes my plans while at Disney lol, but now, I think I'll have to look into it!!

Also walking on the boardwalk in heels…hilarious…I wish i was there to see it lol!! I usually opt for the flats or sandals…the heels usually don't even make it into the suitcase lol!

Reading your dining review of Shulas was definitely a mistake. I am now at work droooooling. It does strike me as a little strange to have a dirty football on a table at such a nice place though. I'm assuming they clean it, but :crazy2:

Pete's main request for our upcoming trip was STEAK. We are gunna try out the Yachtsman this time and save Shula's for a special occasion! I didn't know that it was all football themed. He will definitely love that!

What better place? :) Unless we ever cross paths at WDW or as my hubby would love to go to DC and see the Smithsonian. You never know! ::yes::

Anytime you're in the DC area, let me know!

What a great way to cap a magical day with dinner at Shula's! Who knew the ol coach could put together a great steakhouse. It's on my dining list for 2015. Yeah, I've already made plans for our trip in June 2015. ;)

I'm all caught up to this TR!! Subscribing so that I can read all about the rest of it! That DS tour looked AMAZING! That is so awesome that you all got to do that! I tried some new restaurants when I was at WDW in January but you all have given me a few more that I need to try. Now I just need to figure out when my next escape to WDW will be...:)

You make me dream of DL so much!! I still can't believe I've never been. In CO, it's definitely way more common to fly there than all the way to FL. Silly me. I love your pics every time! You are luck you live so close!

I don't blame you for heading back to the room...by day 8, sometimes you just need a little recharge time!

Oooooh Shula's!! It's on our bucket list for sure. We tried BlueZoo during our trip this past October and are trying to find time to try Shula's either during our trip in June or October this year. After reading this segment, I'm hungry! :cool1:

Hi Brenda! I love your and Emily's dresses! Very pretty.

I am the worst at walking in heels, especially on rough surfaces, so I would have been right there with ya!

I love love love steak, potatoes, and chocolate cake so Shula's looks fantastic.

Hi Brenda! Still trying to catch up before the TR is over….. AND I ignored everything else I meant to do tonight, but I did it!!!!!!!! :laughing:

:rotfl2: I love the Donald Duck “no pants” photos!!!!!

Oh, I LOVE your dawn photos of YC/BC. You probably don’t even remember posting them at this point!!! :laughing:

Hurray!!! I made it to the Dream Suite installments!!! You did such an amazing job capturing all the information and photos as you went. Thank you so much - I know how hard it can be to remember to do that in an amazing situation (or, you know, experiencing a new attraction for the first time, since I have never had such an amazing Disney experience!)! Anyway, I am DYING - what an amazing place. I can’t believe you got to tour it! I can’t believe people get to stay there! Can you imagine waking up and looking out the window (or is there even a window you can look out - maybe they are all stained-glass :laughing:)?????? The tub - my jet-tub-loving child would go insane for that! We would probably never experience the parks if we were lucky enough to stay there. I really want to show Willow these pictures, but how do I tell her that we will NEVER stay there or even see it??? Thank you so much for making such a great effort to share it with all of us. (Making me picture one of my least favorite celebrities on the pot, however, makes me deduct a few points….. :crazy2: :rotfl2:)

Oh, I loved the pics of little Em at DLR. So sweet! I did kind of keep my eye out for y’all every time we cut through the GC. :laughing:

ACK! Seriously??? That’s your view from your GCH room - you could even watch WOC from there? I love it!!! And want to scream at the same time! :laughing: Looks like both Em and Willow had wonderful DLR birthdays. :lovestruc But we are still waiting for Willow to be tall enough for Indiana Jones……. (believe me, she made them measure her. :laughing:) I am SO glad you posted about your DLR weekend - I love it there so much, can’t wait to be back in a few months. RSR is Willow’s new obsessions - big time! Can’t wait to write up our trip!!!

I did it!!!! I actually did it! I caught up!!! This is my proudest DIS moment ever! :cheer2: :rotfl2:

Ha Ha @ Ems face re foot massage - reminds me of my daughter's aversion to my feet ;)

I have beautiful feet, I don't know what her problem was! :rotfl2:

I haven't been reading your food reviews, but I'm going to have to check this one out. I'm not a big meat fan, but I do want to do something special for our anniversary when we are there next fall. I've been thinking about Yachtsman, but maybe Shula's is the way to go.

Love the dresses. You both look adorable!

Oh yeah - those cake pops look like a total tease! :rotfl:

Big meat fans should consider Shula's. It was the best steak experience both times we ate there.

I like YSH but I love Shula's.

Thanks, we put about 5 more minutes of effort into getting gussied up that evening. ;)

Very aptly put - cake pop teasers. :lmao:

Yumm...Shula's sounds yummy. We've stayed at the Dolphin but never made it to Shula's, maybe next time. :confused3

I just love reading about you & Em's travels. I hope that my girls want to travel with me as they get older. I'm sure if it's Disney they will! :thumbsup2

Christine

It was such a great steak experience! Consider it in the future.

Thank you Christine. Train them young to love Disney and likely they'll be hooked and travel with you for years to come.

Sounds like a nice night! Next trip, we are going to make a point to eat at some of the Dolphin and Swan restaurants...I've read so many nice reviews lately!

Bluezoo is another Dolphin restaurant that is very nice. However, my favorite remains Shula's. I'm not familiar with the other options.

I think those cake pops are so small so you can have more than one dessert :rotfl2:

You guys look so cute all dressed up for dinner!

What a magical day! Getting an opportunity to tour the dream suite is so amazing!

Hi Jess! I hope all went well with your Disney run. :)

You got that right....one cake pop just isn't a serving.

Thank you, we were feeling pretty festive considering our magical day.

Hmmm, what ever is that balloon vendor doing??? Haha, probably tired of having her photo taken... OOPS!

WOW!!!!! My God you two look absolutely stunning!! Incidentally, the WOW was not surprise, just an exclamation. (Plus, awesome job concealing the camera).

Haha, so I'm guessing a foot rub was not in the cards on this night?

Hey Rob! Yeah, maybe that balloon vendor trying to see what it was like in the movie UP.

Good to know the exclamation was well intended. One could get a complex with all the jesting about the ladies at the Dolphin fountain, etc! ;) I know you mean well so I won't get out my angry eyes! :lmao:

Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with the kid. It's not like I was asking her to remove callouses or anything! :lmao: (IF I had any I would NEVER ask her to do that, just for the record.)

It must be so fun as a mom & daughter pair to get all dressed up and go out to a nice dinner!! Both of you looked beautiful. Glad you had a wonderful dinner! :goodvibes

I had to :lmao: at Em's face in reaction to the foot massage request. I'm sure my face looks similar whenever DH asks me for one!!! :rotfl:

Thank you! What a sweet comment. Dinner was very nice. :)

I don't mind giving foot massages as long as my feet receive the same!

Those cake pops look yummy but tiny! Mmm. Shula’s sounds amazing! I could go for a steak right about now. My frozen dinner for lunch just does not compare. ;) You and Em looked great! Pretty ladies!

They were a three bite wonder, too small!

Ha ha! If you love steak, that is the place to go. I hear ya, my lunches are usually PB&J or pretzels and hummus... nothing exciting! I just don't eat steak very often so it is a treat on vacation.

Thank you Kelli.
great update ... you had me a "meat cart" ;)

those cake pops are pretty small but they are fairly rich, and I think you get 3 for a snack credit which isn't too bad ... especially if you have little kids as they don't look too small to them

Every day that poor balloon salesman gets home, looks in the mirror and says "I don't get it ... again, not a single balloon sold! what am I doing wrong?!?!?!"

Ha ha!! That's funny! I'm looking forward to showing my hubby that meat cart in May. :)

Glad to know that a snack credit doesn't get one puny cake pop. I would still like to eat about 4 of those at a time!

Maybe the balloon vendor needs a reminder that her position is ON Main Street, not off Main St. :lmao: You're still funny, even 10 seconds later.

Love using the entrance to DCA from GCH:thumbsup2

I'm going to have to use your idea from SM one day! Never thought about giving a little smooch for your ride photo. I'd think you'd knock each others teeth out, but you guys did it gracefully :lmao:

I've read amazing things about Shula's! The only reason we haven't tried it yet is because we consider it 'off-site' :rotfl2: And your dresses are super cute, BTW! I need to start looking for some cute dresses to Vegas.

Ohhh you'll get to use that entrance soon!

I recommend that SM pose only for those that know their ride partner well. I probably should have taken it more easy on grabbing my hubby's face but you get the idea.

Thanks! That was actually Em's dress that I borrowed. She wore it a couple years ago to California Grill. See here for proof.

What a fun occasion to start your b-day/Vegas shopping! You would look adorable no matter what you wore.

Do you know that I have NEVER had one of those cake pops from Starbucks. And you know I go to Starbucks at least twice a day (if not more).

We've never done Shula's at Disney, but we have eaten at the one near our home, and it was out of this world. Loved it. I did enjoy seeing the inside of the one at Disney.

Em doesn't look at all enthralled with the idea of giving her mother a foot rub. Hmmm...I wonder why. :confused3

I'll have to remember to save some chocolates for Michael when I see my best friend that I've never met.

I know you are a Starbucks frequent guest! (Do you own stock? :lmao:) I will do you a favor and tell you stay away from those cake pops! They could be addictive so if you don't start it may be for the best. ;)

If there was a Shula's near us I wouldn't bother booking in WDW but since there's not it has become a new favorite.

Yeah, for some reason the idea of a wee little foot massage didn't go over so well. :)

:rolleyes1 I sometimes feel like I need to explain to people how clumsy I am just walking, and not that I am drunk! DH just shakes his head at me! Add heals and a boardwalk and I would be a gonner.

Shula's looks so good! The photo of the lava cake in the dining review made me want to go just for that! DH would love the decor as well, we will have to try it in a couple of years when the DxDDP no long is a savings for us since the kiddos will be "adults".

Yes, you get that! I felt like I need a sign that said, "walking in heels, enough said!"

That lava cake is hugely popular. It made the entire room smell chocolaty. Although I love the smell I just don't like the rich chocolate taste. Sports fans (especially football) can appreciate the décor.

Well that's a pretty epic day 8 by anyone's standards!
It's going to hard to top that! :)

Exactly! It was the best day, not to be rivaled! :thumbsup2

Those cake pops really are teeny weeny, but so yummy!

Shula's sounds great! Wow. That was basically the best day ever, huh? :rotfl: So awesome.

It was my first cake pop but definitely not my last. :)

Thanks Marissa, it truly was.

Love your trip report!! A tour of the castle suite. I call that a lot of pixie dust...and I thought riding in the Lilly Belle in June when it was 94 degrees was pixie dust.
Love your report of your Mother daughter trips. My mom and I love to travel together and my Goddaughter has been traveling with us since she was 12 and loves it. (she is 19 and ready to go on another trip!!) The memories are great!!

Hi LuvEeyore! Thank you! I'm glad you are reading and enjoying this TR. :)

Riding in the Lilly Belle is amazing!! That is such a beautiful train car.

I look forward to more mother/daughter trips since building those memories are wonderful for both of us. It sounds like you know exactly how that is with your own mother and god-daughter. :thumbsup2

We've eaten at Shula's in Chicago and really enjoyed it. We may have to try the one at the Dolphin. Was it really that empty while you were there?

Heels on a boardwalk?! I have enough trouble walking in heels on a flat even surface!

Cute dresses on the both of you!

Cake pops! So small, yet so tasty!

Shula's was deserted for this first trip. The wait staff told us that this was the "low season." When we returned in December it was much busier.

Ha ha! Silly us, thinking heels on the Boardwalk was a good idea.

Thanks! I wore Em's dress from a prior trip and she was just adorable as always. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter