• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

AMAZING. That is all I can say. The really would have to pry me off the bed to ever leave that suite.

Thanks! I may have left some fingernail marks on the door jam. :)

WOW!!!! Just amazing!!!!
Thank you so much for posting pics! It is simply beautiful!!

Oh I wish they would do the Year of a Million Dreams again!! Maybe 2015???

The "2014 Year of a Million Dreams for Disers who really, really, really want to be floored with Pixie Dust" sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

Bahahahahahaha. I literally laughed out loud at your comment of Tom Cruise on the toilet! Still laughing. :lmao:

That's were my mind went. :duck: Shameless!

Wow....gorgeous! The room looks too elegant to be used! :rotfl: I would just want to stand there and admire all the details; I wouldn't want to disturb anything, because it's all just so beautiful. :goodvibes

It really was! :love:

Aaah I caught your DS tour photos thus far. so gorgeous, and I love your detailed descriptions. YOu have an eye for color ..."buttery yellows" and "flecks of gold".....I feel like I have had a mini visit of my happy place for the day :goodvibes

Oh, thank you! I'm glad you are reading and enjoying it. :) As many times as I said, "ohhh wow!" I should have just used that description.

I am nearly speechless (and that doesn't happen very often!) - I mean it's just stunning in there isn't it?
I know I speak for everyone when I say that it's like having our own personal tour thanks to your photos and beautiful descriptions of everything :)

Ha ha! But I love it when I hear your adorable British accent so please don't clam up. (I hope that's not a British insult! :lmao:)

I'm glad to share the experience.

Ooooh! I love that sitting room ceiling!!

It was so very beautiful. ::yes::

Oh Brenda I am loving these updates with the DS! Your descriptions and photos are amazing, I almost feel like I was there too! What an incredible experience! If I ever become a movie star I will make sure to work the DS into my contract :thumbsup2

Wow.. I'm speechless. I'm not sure you were able to breathe during that tour. I would have been hyperventilating from all the excitement

I'm sure the first 60 seconds in the suite was more than a little of that. :)

That's the one! It is so lovely! I'm off on an ebay hunt. Just 3,500 results for Mickey purse. :scratchin :rotfl: Gotta work hard for gorgeous purses! Anyhow, looking forward to your next update. :wave2:

Good luck with your search! :thumbsup2

Beautiful photos of the castle suite! Can't wait to see the rest. So much detail!

Thanks Linda! I don't think I captured everything but I tried.

Just caught up. WOW!!!! What an unbelievable experience! Thanks for sharing....those pictures are amazing!

Thanks Alan! I'm so glad to share the experience.

Well I didn't accomplish much at work today but I did manage to read all of your TR. I could NOT put my phone down. I know, I'm a bad girl! Shameful!

I loved the many details you've put in it. Reading it has made me all the more excited for our trip in June. We are staying at the BWV for the 2nd time. We just love their one bedroom villa. It's perfect for our family of 4. Plus the in-room washer/dryer has spoiled me. Love being able to head back home with hardly any clothes to wash when we get there. Because who wants to do laundry when you get back from being at the most magical place on earth?! Not me!!

Will be stalking your TR for any more updates of your DS tour. I can't even imagine!! Because I'm not that versed in all things Disney, I have a question. How often do they give away a stay in the DS? Is it just random or is there an actual contest?? Details, please!! :)

Ha ha! Too funny! I'm glad that I could provide some relief from work. I know how work gets in the way of Dis'ing. :thumbsup2

I'm a big fan of BWV too. We'll be there for the third time this year. All the amenities of home is definitely a plus.... even being able to do laundry. I rarely take the time to do it but I agree... coming home with it isn't that appealing.

I'm not sure how often they have contests/sweepstakes for the DS. Since it is occupied a few times a month it must be often enough. I wonder what would happen if you googled WDW Dream Suite sweepstakes??

Noted: Never sign a movie contract with having the DS included. And now I'm dreaming of all the #disneydiva things I would also tack on to my contract. Mickey waffles always readily available and hot are mainly what I'm thinking.

I would have died and gone to heaven just being in that foyer. I want that tile work in my home. I am just in tears. That bed chamber…OMG. Gorgeous. I LOVE the fiber optics behind the fire place. Why is fiber optics in fire places and on head boards not a thing in real life? I love how Disney can just literally make anything sparkle. Like the gold flecks in the floor too?! PERFECTION!

Can't wait for the rest!

I like your thinking... you don't stop at the DS in your contract, give you some hot and fresh Mickey waffles too. Now you're talking!

Ever detail was perfectly done. I just saw a video of the DR on MSN.com here. It had a time lapse of construction inside the DS. Very cool.

The detailing is absolutely phenomenal! And thank you SO much for taking pictures and mental notes along the way to pass on to us :goodvibes

It absolutely was. Just wait until you see the bathroom.....

Glad I could share and that you are enjoying the tour. :)

Wow, that place really is stunning. How amazing would it be to stay there?!

Your guide for the Suite has the best job EVER, how cool to be able to show people the Suite and see the reactions of those that get to see it.

I agree! I want to be a plaid. I don't think they would ever have a grumpy person on that tour. Nope.

Ahh-mazing!!!! What a great trip report so far and loving the DS. I am so happy that you got to tour it!!!

Hi there!! Glad to see you here and reading. :goodvibes

Thanks, it was pretty spectacular.

Okay, I did not have a coronary attack waiting for that and it was WELL worth the wait. I'm so woefully behind after having no internet for two days and then busy making ADR's, resort reservations and airline reservations for future trips), that I will NOT talk too much (yes, I know that it s a surprise).

Your pictures gave me goosebumps and a slight tear or two. The Bed Chamber is absolutely stunning, and you can just envision Cinderella and her Prince being there. Thank you for sharing that very special experience with your many followers.

Did I do good with hubby? I guess he didn't like the option of waiting until 2015 to meet his "best friend that he's never met." :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm glad you are caught up Kathy! You have been a busy Diser since your return. Those Disney plans are important!

Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading.

You did awesome with Michael. He's definitely looking forward to September. Just remember, a round of Beverly is on him. popcorn::

Oh Brenda I am loving these updates with the DS! Your descriptions and photos are amazing, I almost feel like I was there too! What an incredible experience! If I ever become a movie star I will make sure to work the DS into my contract :thumbsup2

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad that you are reading and enjoying the tour.

Yes, be sure to put this in your contract! It probably matters if you have a Disney contract. :lmao:

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 7 - Dream Suite Tour Part 4

Salon or Sitting Room:

DSCN7198.jpg

The sitting room was separated from the bed chamber by a heavy tapestry type drape. It contained a sofa that converts to a sleeper (the suite sleeps 6) and has a beautifully upholstered red and gold chair.

DSCN7206.jpg

The floors in this room were wood parquet with a blue, green, red, and flaxen colored floral and medallion patterned rug.

There are two sets of three panel windows facing north and west. The windows have stained glass inserts that depict the Cinderella story in brief. The set of windows facing west illustrate the castle, the invitation to the ball, and the clock striking midnight. The other set of windows facing north contain the glass slipper, Gus and Jaq with the key to Cinderella’s attic bedroom, and the castle.

DSCN7200.jpg

DSCN7201.jpg

Again, there are so many details to this room and I can’t recall all of them but to name a few, there is a fully functioning telescope in a decorative box, a selection of hard cover fairy tale books, another phone, and a gilt framed “mirror” on the wall opposite the sofa that transformed into a second TV. There are other decorative items that are well themed for the suite scattered around the room.

DSCN7216.jpg

DSCN7209.jpg

As with the bedroom, if you look close you can see the technology imbedded in the room with the electrical outlets and the phone lines and HSIA.

DSCN7218.jpg

Fairytale books if I recall correctly:
DSCN7219.jpg

View from one of the windows:
DSCN7210.jpg

DSCN7217.jpg

DSCN7220.jpg

Artwork
DSCN7221.jpg

Continued Next Post - Part 5 of Dream Suite Tour

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I can't stop saying that!

was that old time phone functional? so pretty and classic. though Cinderella never would have had a phone LOL

I saw a photo of those books on someone's post on facebook and I wondered if they were real fairy tales. Thanks for clarifying!

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I can't stop saying that!

was that old time phone functional? so pretty and classic. though Cinderella never would have had a phone LOL

I saw a photo of those books on someone's post on facebook and I wondered if they were real fairy tales. Thanks for clarifying!

Thanks Mary Ellen! I don't know if the phone worked, I kept my paws off of it. It does seem rather odd since Cinderella wouldn't be chatting on a phone.

I zoomed in on my photo of the books and sure enough it is fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes. I can't recall what Caroline said about the books but it had some meaning.

Inserting a Brief Pause here.....

Today, is Emily's 18th birthday!! :cake: so we will be celebrating this weekend at ......

A place that has been part of our lives ever since she was wee.....

ca-91-disneyland-sign1.gif

We'll be staying the weekend at....Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

disneys-grand-californian-overview-gallery-968x450-191.jpg

Thanks to the great passholder rate that includes a couple extras like a photopass photo and 2 fast passes per guest, we were able to book a room for the weekend. Of course that was after stalking the website since the hotel was fully booked. When a room became available AND it was at the passholder rate I jumped on it!

We will be celebrating her birthday with dinner at Napa Rose, which will be a first for her. Michael and I ate there for our anniversary last summer....
DSCN1780.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

And we ate there in October with Smile4Stamps (Paula)
DSCN4468.jpg

In honor of this milestone birthday here's a few vintage Emily photos from Disneyland visits past.
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I'll be back with updates later next week since I will also be traveling to Vegas for business mid week.

Have a great weekend! :goodvibes

Pardon me while I wipe away a tear.... :sad:

I am astonished that I missed part 3 AND part 4 of your tour... I am not sure how that happened?

It is just amazing though - through and through - the details are just gorgeous. I would have thought the DS would have been bigger. But it's beautiful just the same.

Bummer that all of the windows are so full of stained glass that there isn't much of a view from them. It would be nice to have a balcony to sit on or something? LOL I guess that would be a little dangerous.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us, I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

I hope you are well, and I hope Em has a wonderful birthday today!

D~

Aawwwww, happy 18th Emily!! I hope you all have an amazing celebration weekend! Enjoy!!!!

The details never cease. I love those stained glass windows! A functioning telescope? Wow. The things they think of. I always wondered where the suite was too, so thank you for that picture taken of the view from one of the windows. Everything in there is so gorgeous. Can't I just live there?

Have a great time this weekend at Disneyland. And happiest of birthdays to Emily. She is one lucky girl to have parents like you guys. Loved the flashback photos too.

Great tour so far! Love all the details in the suite. If I was ever lucky enough to spend a night in that suite I'm pretty sure I won't be able to fall asleep and will want to spend every waking moment enjoying it!

Happy birthday to Emily!! What a great way to celebrate her bday topped off with Napa Rose! Love that restaurant!

What wonderful pictures of the dream suite! Disney did such an amazing job on all the details, I'm so happy you got a chance to tour it. I think it would have been the funnest job ever to pick out all that stuff in the suite. Can't wait to see the rest!

Ok... So I have been away - partially busy but mostly at WDW....

I just read your updates for the castle suite. I am in pure amazement. How awesome you had the opportunity to do this!!! So amazing!!!

And finally - Happy Birthday Em!! I adore the vintage pics - Both you and Michael have done a great job! Have a fabulous weekend in DL and I look forward to more updates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter