YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks! I may have left some fingernail marks on the door jam. :)

The "2014 Year of a Million Dreams for Disers who really, really, really want to be floored with Pixie Dust" sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

That's were my mind went. :duck: Shameless!

It really was! :love:

Oh, thank you! I'm glad you are reading and enjoying it. :) As many times as I said, "ohhh wow!" I should have just used that description.

Ha ha! But I love it when I hear your adorable British accent so please don't clam up. (I hope that's not a British insult! :lmao:)

I'm glad to share the experience.

It was so very beautiful. ::yes::

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dtr_angel

dtr_angel You're really cute, but I have no idea what you ar

Oh Brenda I am loving these updates with the DS! Your descriptions and photos are amazing, I almost feel like I was there too! What an incredible experience! If I ever become a movie star I will make sure to work the DS into my contract :thumbsup2

4. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

I'm sure the first 60 seconds in the suite was more than a little of that. :)

Good luck with your search! :thumbsup2

Thanks Linda! I don't think I captured everything but I tried.

Thanks Alan! I'm so glad to share the experience.

Ha ha! Too funny! I'm glad that I could provide some relief from work. I know how work gets in the way of Dis'ing. :thumbsup2

I'm a big fan of BWV too. We'll be there for the third time this year. All the amenities of home is definitely a plus.... even being able to do laundry. I rarely take the time to do it but I agree... coming home with it isn't that appealing.

I'm not sure how often they have contests/sweepstakes for the DS. Since it is occupied a few times a month it must be often enough. I wonder what would happen if you googled WDW Dream Suite sweepstakes??

I like your thinking... you don't stop at the DS in your contract, give you some hot and fresh Mickey waffles too. Now you're talking!

Ever detail was perfectly done. I just saw a video of the DR on MSN.com here. It had a time lapse of construction inside the DS. Very cool.

It absolutely was. Just wait until you see the bathroom.....

Glad I could share and that you are enjoying the tour. :)

I agree! I want to be a plaid. I don't think they would ever have a grumpy person on that tour. Nope.

Hi there!! Glad to see you here and reading. :goodvibes

Thanks, it was pretty spectacular.

I'm glad you are caught up Kathy! You have been a busy Diser since your return. Those Disney plans are important!

Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed reading.

You did awesome with Michael. He's definitely looking forward to September. Just remember, a round of Beverly is on him. popcorn::

5. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad that you are reading and enjoying the tour.

Yes, be sure to put this in your contract! It probably matters if you have a Disney contract. :lmao:

6. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 7 - Dream Suite Tour Part 4

Salon or Sitting Room:

[​IMG]

The sitting room was separated from the bed chamber by a heavy tapestry type drape. It contained a sofa that converts to a sleeper (the suite sleeps 6) and has a beautifully upholstered red and gold chair.

[​IMG]

The floors in this room were wood parquet with a blue, green, red, and flaxen colored floral and medallion patterned rug.

There are two sets of three panel windows facing north and west. The windows have stained glass inserts that depict the Cinderella story in brief. The set of windows facing west illustrate the castle, the invitation to the ball, and the clock striking midnight. The other set of windows facing north contain the glass slipper, Gus and Jaq with the key to Cinderella’s attic bedroom, and the castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, there are so many details to this room and I can’t recall all of them but to name a few, there is a fully functioning telescope in a decorative box, a selection of hard cover fairy tale books, another phone, and a gilt framed “mirror” on the wall opposite the sofa that transformed into a second TV. There are other decorative items that are well themed for the suite scattered around the room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As with the bedroom, if you look close you can see the technology imbedded in the room with the electrical outlets and the phone lines and HSIA.

[​IMG]

Fairytale books if I recall correctly:
    [​IMG]

View from one of the windows:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artwork
    [​IMG]

Continued Next Post - Part 5 of Dream Suite Tour

7. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I can't stop saying that!

was that old time phone functional? so pretty and classic. though Cinderella never would have had a phone LOL

I saw a photo of those books on someone's post on facebook and I wondered if they were real fairy tales. Thanks for clarifying!

8. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks Mary Ellen! I don't know if the phone worked, I kept my paws off of it. It does seem rather odd since Cinderella wouldn't be chatting on a phone.

I zoomed in on my photo of the books and sure enough it is fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes. I can't recall what Caroline said about the books but it had some meaning.

9. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Inserting a Brief Pause here.....

Today, is Emily's 18th birthday!! :cake: so we will be celebrating this weekend at ......

A place that has been part of our lives ever since she was wee.....

[​IMG]

We'll be staying the weekend at....Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

[​IMG]

Thanks to the great passholder rate that includes a couple extras like a photopass photo and 2 fast passes per guest, we were able to book a room for the weekend. Of course that was after stalking the website since the hotel was fully booked. When a room became available AND it was at the passholder rate I jumped on it!

We will be celebrating her birthday with dinner at Napa Rose, which will be a first for her. Michael and I ate there for our anniversary last summer....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we ate there in October with Smile4Stamps (Paula)
    [​IMG]

In honor of this milestone birthday here's a few vintage Emily photos from Disneyland visits past.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be back with updates later next week since I will also be traveling to Vegas for business mid week.

Have a great weekend! :goodvibes

Pardon me while I wipe away a tear.... :sad:

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

party::bday:party:

[​IMG]

Adorable Flashback Photos!!!! Have a fantastic weekend!!!

11. DisneyMagicMomma

DisneyMagicMomma Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday Em! Enjoy your big day! pixiedust:

12. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

I am astonished that I missed part 3 AND part 4 of your tour... I am not sure how that happened?

It is just amazing though - through and through - the details are just gorgeous. I would have thought the DS would have been bigger. But it's beautiful just the same.

Bummer that all of the windows are so full of stained glass that there isn't much of a view from them. It would be nice to have a balcony to sit on or something? LOL I guess that would be a little dangerous.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us, I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

I hope you are well, and I hope Em has a wonderful birthday today!

D~

13. Credit Man

Credit Man <font color=teal>Love the shark reef<br><font colo

Great updates. Happy b-day Emme.

14. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Happy birthday to Emmy! Wow, what adorable pictures of her as a kid!!! Have a great time at Disneyland! :goodvibes

15. fabulousfive

fabulousfive DIS Veteran

Your years and memories at Disney seem so very special! Enjoy this trip and celebration!

16. peachmermaid

peachmermaid Mouseketeer

Aawwwww, happy 18th Emily!! I hope you all have an amazing celebration weekend! Enjoy!!!!

The details never cease. I love those stained glass windows! A functioning telescope? Wow. The things they think of. I always wondered where the suite was too, so thank you for that picture taken of the view from one of the windows. Everything in there is so gorgeous. Can't I just live there?

17. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Have a great time this weekend at Disneyland. And happiest of birthdays to Emily. She is one lucky girl to have parents like you guys. Loved the flashback photos too.

18. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Great tour so far! Love all the details in the suite. If I was ever lucky enough to spend a night in that suite I'm pretty sure I won't be able to fall asleep and will want to spend every waking moment enjoying it!

Happy birthday to Emily!! What a great way to celebrate her bday topped off with Napa Rose! Love that restaurant!

19. JessM

JessM We all have a dream

What wonderful pictures of the dream suite! Disney did such an amazing job on all the details, I'm so happy you got a chance to tour it. I think it would have been the funnest job ever to pick out all that stuff in the suite. Can't wait to see the rest!

20. SAT887

SAT887 DIS Veteran

Ok... So I have been away - partially busy but mostly at WDW....

I just read your updates for the castle suite. I am in pure amazement. How awesome you had the opportunity to do this!!! So amazing!!!

And finally - Happy Birthday Em!! I adore the vintage pics - Both you and Michael have done a great job! Have a fabulous weekend in DL and I look forward to more updates!!

21. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Emily, May your Birthday be filled with Blessings.party::bday: