YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Wilderness Lodge is SO pretty. It's a great lobby to just grab a rocking chair and sit for a while.

I love that you guys got a checking-in photo, too cute!

THE CHARACTERS IN THE SHOWER. I AM MELTING. That is so cute!!

I fully support Rob/Stacey. They could one day do a "Must Do Disney" video on Disney weddings and honeymoons.

WL is definitely one of the most immersive hotels. The little touches everywhere are just amazing.

I'd love to do a split stay for our July trip, but as there's 7 of us going it may be a hassle to get everybody willing to move around! You're making it sound amazing though!

Thanks for the little photo tour of WL

I simply LOVE this resort, it's hands down our fave which I am sure I have repeated many times! ;)

Argh, can't wait to check in ourselves in December :)

I'm here! Finally... I was slightly preoccupied!!:upsidedow

Needless to say I'm excited to read through the 18 pages you have already have to help with my post Disney depression!!

Of course, I keep going back and forth from your TR to you DR. You make your TR's and DR's very interesting that I keep looking for updates!!!

:cool1:

I'm all caught up now. Thanks for the WL photos. I just love that place!

Thrilled to hear about your son!

Yeaaaa, for the ME mojo!! :thumbsup2

Yeaaaa for pictures of the gateway of joy!! :goodvibes

Yeaaaaa, for the beautiful resort. :lovestruc It's one of the few deluxe resorts I've not been to. Hoping to remedy that on my next trip.
Mackenzie is my partner in crime when it comes to trying new things when we are in WDW, I bet she'd love visiting and then going to Hoop Dee Doo.
I need to make that happen for her on our next trip, she's asked to go twice now and I've yet to make it happen. :worried:

Great picture of the welcome sign! You can never have too many of them. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pictures of the WL rooms. I haven’t stayed there since they were renovated a couple of years ago. They look nice and the improvements are great. How cute to have Chip N’ Dale in the shower tile. Nice view for a standard room.

Thanks for the information about the Territory Lounge, I didn’t know that. It’s always good to have options in addition to the counter service.

I am loving the Lodge! If I could pick any deluxe to visit next it'd probably be WL so I'm so happy to see all your awesome pictures. I love that you guys took a check-in picture too. It looks cool to have all the expansive lobby behind you. Maybe I'll steal a page out of your book and do that on our next trip.

Can't wait to hear about your next day/resort! :goodvibes

Ok. Just got all caught up.

Wow 15 days!! Woo Hoo!

Nice that you got your 6th floor request.:thumbsup2

We have never stayed there yet but have visited a few times. I do want to try it someday.

Love the Wilderness Lodge. If we can't get in at the Beach Club Villas we will be staying there (in the villas) for our honeymoon in May. I haven't stayed at WL since I was 10 or 11 so it would be a nice treat. I always thought that if I stayed there now I would just want to take a book and read in front of one of the lobby fireplaces all day.

P.S. I took the plunge and cut my hair :scared:

Looks like they have updated the bedding at the WL...last time we stayed there on the resort side it was nasty bedspreads. The white is so much brighter!!!!!!!!!!! I do not remember those tiles in the bath, so cute.

I'm caught up on your arrival day!

:cool1:

I haven't done any reading on the Magic Band stuff, just the info people post on the Yacht & Beach Club board, but I think you can use them to check in to your DME ride. I see you had your voucher booklet out.

:banana::banana::banana: on the front row score! Great arch pictures.

Really cute room at the Lodge. Not a bad view at all!

I enjoyed your review of your meal at the Territory Lounge. I haven't had meals at any of the Disney lounges, but from what I have heard, they are really hidden gems- nice relaxing places to get some excellent food. Like you discovered at the Territory, and I know from the YC lounges, some of the food comes from the nearby signature restaurants.

The fondue looks awesome, the flatbread looks like an arugula patch (I see a lot was left behind) and the wings/nuggets/lollipops look interesting.

All caught up!

I really like the new ME check-in desks. Getting a front row seat on the ME bus is the best! You get a good pic of the sign and you are one of the first people to get to check-in. :goodvibes

Ahhh! I love the Wilderness Lodge photos. It has me itching to go to WDW right now. I joked with Drew that when we check-in to the WL I'm going to dress Jonah up in a flannel shirt and a coonskin cap for the occasion. I might not have been actually joking though. :rolleyes1

:worship: Can't forget to pay homage to Queen Stacey.

Thanks so much Happy for joining!! I'm glad you are here.

(I see that you are a CoP fan or at least know the words to the song! :rotfl2:)

Oh yes! I still love CoP but I think they need to make some progress on updating it. ;) But I am a fan of the originals, for sure!!!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for such a detailed reply - that is super helpful!

I am loving this resort so much - it actually prompted me to go see if we could afford it for our next trip... If we just went for 4 days - and only went every other year, maybe... but we take such long trips... Sigh. Some day - when I am rich. But it's a beautiful resort and just went on my bucket list...

Some day - I hope to take a trip where we do a bunch of resort changes too... So this would be great for a trip like that.

D~

Glad to help! I'd vote for the longer vacation over the room type any day!

I clearly have so much to learn. I have never even HEARD of the Territorial Lounge…. That Fondue looked AMAZING!

LOVE your room! We want to stay there someday!!!! My husband was pretty bummed that I didn't put WCC on our list for this next trip. Doesn't he understand that I have to keep him wanting MORE?!?!!

I don't think I even knew about the Cartoons at 10. Of course, we're usually sleeping by that time…

Hi Christen. I follow the dining boards and the live dining thread in particular so I've learned a LOT about the dining options including TL. The fondue really was awesome.

You are a smart woman! I love your strategy to keep Corey on the hook for one more trip by dangling WCC in front of him.

Those cartoons were a first for us - loved it.

Ahhh The WL and the GC.. 2 Dream resorts I get to stay at in the next 6 months!! Of course getting a group rate and splitting the cost 4 ways for the Grand really helps!!

I'm glad you settled in nicely for the night! I had no idea about bedtime with Duffy!?!?!?

You are one lucky gal Paula!! Both awesome resorts.

The Duffy cartoon may be for a 5 year old but I want to see it at least once.

Loving reading your trip report! Can't wait to hear about the rest!!! It's making me want to do one after ours it is a fun way to look back over your trip when you are home!

Hi Wendy. Oh, you should consider a TR. Looks like you only have 3 1/2 weeks to decide.

Wow!!! The rooms sure do look prettier, and lighter now. Here is a photo from our stay in 2006. The spreads were just awful. You do seem to have all the luck when it comes to room views. That was pretty awesome for standard. (or did you get an upgrade?)

but the Lodge is just so gorgeous!

We had a woods view (it overlooked the Villas)

Thanks for sharing those photos. I will have to agree with you about those bedspreads. Oh my! I would like to try the villas buy from something that MEK shared, maybe not if they are looking a bit in need of a refurb.

I actually booked a courtyard view so we didn't get an upgrade for that room.

I just love Wilderness Lodge !! We stayed there last year and it was fantastic. I love their QS restuarant, Roaring Forks, too. We liked that one much better than the Marketplace at Beach Club this trip.

Susan

I wanted to grab snacks from Roaring Forks but we didn't stay long enough to do that. It would have been much better than Tortuga Tavern!

The issue I have with the Marketplace is their limited menu. When we were there a few years ago and ate there it was mostly sandwiches, flatbreads, and some salads.

Oh my goodness Brenda, you just made my day!!!!!!! Stacey TV!!!!

Your warning is most definitely noted. It wasn't my fault Ariel jumped in the log though. But I wouldn't want to do

anything to upset my Stacey.

Seriously, thank you for that. It really did make my day. :hug:

Ha ha! Rob, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a hard time. You're just too popular with the ladies.

How in the world did I miss three updates?! I feel like such a bad diser.

You guys are so endlessly cute! I love the new SW plane! How awesome.

I thought the new magical express looked super cool too. You know, when I actually found it. No matter how many times I use it, I always end up getting turned around.

WL looks soooooo amazing. I'm super bummed that we couldn't find a room there for our short weekend trip in October, but we did get into the yacht club which i am excited about after reading your last TR. I will just have to live vicariously through you & Em for now. :)

I can't wait to hear more!!

Hi Jennifer. No worries! I've been trying to keep up with my simultaneous reviews, work, oh, and hello, I do have a family... they just reminded me!! Anyhooo... glad you are caught up!

Is your October trip your birthday trip? I'm a huge fan of YC so I would say that you did well.

Cynthia and I did stay in the villas last October and the rooms are so tired in appearance compared to the inn rooms.

Good to know about the Territory Lounge. I will definitely need to check it out.

It is hard to live out of a suitcase, isn't it? Thank goodness it was just for one night.

Hmmm - maybe I need to put Denny's socks in "time out".

Hi Mary Ellen! I thought I remembered that. For some reason your BW room sticks in my mind because of that lovely pool view.

I think you'd like TL - it's a great option.

Ha ha! Yes, for ME, it's very hard to live out of a suitcase.

Time out also works for shoes and sports equipment. I would caution against using it for wallets and keys, just makes him mad! :rotfl2:

Ok, here's a little confession. I have yet to have watched Stacey. Whew, that feels better now that I've said that out loud. Actually, I can't remember a time when we turned on the TV in our Disney room since we don't spend that much time in our rooms other than sleeping. :goodvibes

What? No play time at MK on your first night??

Hi Dave. Gotta say that I'm impressed!! Truly, that's great!

I'm blaming our low key night on the kid. She wasn't feeling it.

Stacey and Ariel fighting over Rob?

Nice visual for sure! Rob's assuming innocence by blaming the mermaid!

Just finished reading your updates, but wanted to make sure I didn't leave you hanging with an unanswered question before I get to that! Both names are good, TM and/or Toni-Marie. Whatever is most comfortable or easier for you. TM is a nickname that started in High School and stuck through college and is still used today! So, I'm good with it being shortened

Okay, onto your updates!

We've never taken the Magical Express before and I was really surprised at the pictures of the podiums and bus lines area! It wasn't at all what I was envisioning! It's good to know what to expect now!

Driving under that arch the first time is just such an amazing feeling!

Yay! for making it to your resort! Wilderness Lodge is truly gorgeous! I loved your room pictures! That is on my resort bucket list for sure after seeing all your pictures, even if it is just for a night or two!

Looking forward to reading about your first full day in the World!

Hi TM! We'll go with that since it's short and cute.

I'd never driven under the WDW sign until 2006 and I still remember it clearly!

It was a great resort for 1 night but of course 1 night is never enough to see everything.

My real live stepping foot in a park update is coming up...

Ugghhhhh... behind already?! Stupid AP Physics!

Glad to hear you had a smooth connection in Vegas and what luck you had getting the newer style Southwest planes!

LOL @ choosing the one non-Disney movie of the list. But it's totally fine especially when you choose tangled after. I can only imagine though how crowding around one small iPhone must have been before. Good choice on getting an iPad there.

Oh how I wish I could just bring Disney snacks with me to Disney! This is why living in Florida or California after college is imperative. :teeth:

Hi Timmy! Ahhh you are in AP classes - smart fella you are! The mother in me fully approves of doing your homework first. :lmao:

It's embarrassing to say that Tangled was a second choice! Again, blaming it on my kid!

Oh the perks of living near a Disney park! Chipmunk snacks.

Okay, now I have to take notes on these exact directions to the DME area. Literally, I'm going to get my friends lost on this one. Bookmarking this update... NOW!

Loving the Magic Band-esque motif of the DME podiums, very Disney and VERY 21st century over there. Loving it!

Yay for getting those front seats on your Magical Express bus! And the photos came out awesome. The contrast between the sky and the sign is stunning. I love Disney during a sunset (or sunrise), everything looks so much more magical then.

Wilderness Lodge looks fantastic as ever! Glad to hear your one and only room request was granted. I love all the little details they have in the room especially with Chip, Dale, Bambi and Meeko on the shower tiles. :teeth: And what a great view! You can see the whole resort and out over the Seven Seas Lagoon. Perfect!

STACEY! Needing my daily dose of must-do bad these days!

to classic Mickey cartoons! I'm guessing you were watching Lonesome Ghosts... maybe? Either way, one of my faves!

WOOT! All caught up (Success)! Can't wait to read about your first day in the parks!

You definitely are paying attention. If I give a quiz at the end like my last TR you would be the run away winner!! Watch out, I may award you bonus points for even knowing the name of the Disney cartoon. I have no idea but that sounds familiar.

Thanks for all of your responses.

OMG I am just so smitten with the WL. It is so gorgeous through and through and i can't wait until I get to check in there!! Beautiful!

Hi Kimmy! Truly a gorgeous resort! I'm getting forgetful, is that where you are staying next?

Oh yay!!!!! I was so bummed when your last TR was done and now you have another! Thanks for the heads up... I'm a little late getting to the party. I was recently diagnosed with MS, so I'm limiting computer time because my eyes are a little sensitive. But I'm all caught up! Yippeeee!!!!

Does it matter which side of the Magical Express bus you sit on if you want to take that awesome picture?

Hi Khaleesi! Glad that we timed our next WDW trip so perfectly!! You didn't have to wait long. ha ha!!

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. :sad1: I hope you are able to manage it through meds and other medical treatments.

If the bus driver has a big fat head it's probably better to sit on the passenger side!! :lmao:

Yay on front of the bus seats! And yay for not answering to Fort Wilderness! :lmao:

Beautiful! Love the room pictures. I've only stayed at the Wilderness Lodge once. And we're DVC, so the rooms are different. I love seeing the other rooms.

Donald Duck cartoons! Um, hello, obviously they are the best! (I have all of them on DVD pretty much.....I'm sure that's not surprising).

I have to unpack too. I wouldn't consider myself a neat freak or anything, but when I arrive on a trip, I absolutely have to get unpacked and done. Otherwise it feels incomplete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter