Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen! 8/1 MK Parade

OMG:rotfl: SB did look like some old barfly. :scared1: Yikes, You are cracking me up. DH saw pic of your daughter Ally with Tink and he says "Look Grey's already been to Disney. We can leave her home and save some bucks" Grey is nine and does look so much like Ally it's scarey except Grey has blue eyes and I noticed inthe ToT pic that Ally has the most incredible shade of green eyes. They are just beautiful. So I told him to "Just drink the Kool-aid and shut up":lmao: He swear he won't drink anything else I hand him.:laughing:
hhhmmm -poison apple:idea:

Sorry you missed the afternoon fairies. I guess you wull have to make an additional trip to MK.

Yeah, like I NEED another reason to go back.... good one! :rotfl2:

OMG:rotfl: SB did look like some old barfly. :scared1: Yikes, You are cracking me up. DH saw pic of your daughter Ally with Tink and he says "Look Grey's already been to Disney. We can leave her home and save some bucks" Grey is nine and does look so much like Ally it's scarey except Grey has blue eyes and I noticed inthe ToT pic that Ally has the most incredible shade of green eyes. They are just beautiful. So I told him to "Just drink the Kool-aid and shut up":lmao: He swear he won't drink anything else I hand him.:laughing:
hhhmmm -poison apple:idea:

Actually, Ally's eyes are a greyish blue. Mine started out blue, turned grey, and I think hers are heading the same way..... It really depends on what she wears. Coffee..... spike the coffee..... but don't worry, once you get to Disney, the pixie dust does the trick. Jeff is so frugal, but in Disney HE is the one splurging. We always say we're gonna try to just eat CS for a weekend and save money on meals. Then he marches to guest services checking on ADRs and different TS places. It's the pixie dust. :wizard:

WOW EVEN CINDERALLA LOOKED HUNGOVER !!!:scared1:

I'm tellin ya!!!!! It was not pretty at all! And Belle looked okay from afar, up close, not so good.

My DH says "those aren't princess - they're drag queens":rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Your DH might have hit the nail on the head!!!! :rotfl2:

I didn't find the room to be dark at all, but it was very small.

Remarkably, the room will actually be LARGER with 4 adults inside- MAGIC!pixiedust: :rotfl:

I'll see YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:party::dancer::jumping1: :jumping3::jumping2::wave::teeth:

OMG!!! Yes, TOMORROW!!!! :cool1: Have a safe flight and call or text me when you get in!!!

I'll be working on getting Cammie and I upgraded from ASMU to, say, maybe, Poly???? :rotfl2:

So cool you were there on the 20 year anniversary of MGM! Pods & I were there that day, 20 years ago. It was very cool. There were celebrities everywhere, we met quite a few- I think we spent a while talking to some hottie from Knots Landing no one else wanted to bother with! :lmao: There were a ton of radio stations broadcasting their morning shows from there set up at tables all around the circle- all of them were interviewing celebrities. Michael Eisner spoke to the crowd and so did Bob Hope, I think. I really should dig up my pictures and post them- but I don't have a scanner so I'll have to bother my neighbor to help me out.... the thing i remember MOST about that day was that Pods was b&%#@)&! and moaning about carrying around the video camera because it weighed a ton (it WAS the 80's!!!) and I kept on switching cameras and video camera all day- it was making him NUTS!!! :rotfl2: We ate at Prime Time Cafe- and you know, I STILL haven't returned!! :confused3 Not that we didn't like it, we thought it was really cool!- Just that I keep thinking we've done that- I'll have to put it on our schedule for November with the kids.

And those PRINCESSES!!!! You are TOUGH!!:rotfl2: If they're reading this, there will be ugly princesses everywhere eating poison apples to willingly end it all!!!:scared1: Jeez!:rotfl2:

Oh- and if you get upgraded to the POLY, I'm coming to visit- I've always wanted to stay there!

Just joining in for your report. Loving it so far!!

Is it just me, or are ALL the Snow Whites OOgly? I have yet to see a pretty one, but I will keep looking!

So cool you were there on the 20 year anniversary of MGM! Pods & I were there that day, 20 years ago. It was very cool. There were celebrities everywhere, we met quite a few- I think we spent a while talking to some hottie from Knots Landing no one else wanted to bother with! :lmao: There were a ton of radio stations broadcasting their morning shows from there set up at tables all around the circle- all of them were interviewing celebrities. Michael Eisner spoke to the crowd and so did Bob Hope, I think. I really should dig up my pictures and post them- but I don't have a scanner so I'll have to bother my neighbor to help me out.... the thing i remember MOST about that day was that Pods was b&%#@)&! and moaning about carrying around the video camera because it weighed a ton (it WAS the 80's!!!) and I kept on switching cameras and video camera all day- it was making him NUTS!!! :rotfl2: We ate at Prime Time Cafe- and you know, I STILL haven't returned!! :confused3 Not that we didn't like it, we thought it was really cool!- Just that I keep thinking we've done that- I'll have to put it on our schedule for November with the kids.

And those PRINCESSES!!!! You are TOUGH!!:rotfl2: If they're reading this, there will be ugly princesses everywhere eating poison apples to willingly end it all!!!:scared1: Jeez!:rotfl2:

Oh- and if you get upgraded to the POLY, I'm coming to visit- I've always wanted to stay there!

We have never been at any parks for true opening but we were at AK about 2 weeks after they opened. BORING!!! Talk about a 1/2 day park back then!

I'll call you from the Poly tomorrow! ;)

Just joining in for your report. Loving it so far!!

Is it just me, or are ALL the Snow Whites OOgly? I have yet to see a pretty one, but I will keep looking!

Now see, normally I think the SW's are great. But I've seen some scary Cindy's and SBs out there!!!!

I'm so grateful for pixie dustpixiedust:

Nothing like pixie dust! :cloud9:

OK, I'll be gone until Tuesday next week - heading to the World for our DISmoms gone wild trip!!! Should be a fun report when we get back!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Oh dear, those princesses! Did all of the regular princesses get sick and they had to pick just any ol' gal? It's so mean to say that stuff, but they don't look like SB or Cinderella!

Have a great time this weekend! Sigh - I wish I could go back, but DH and I have a self-imposed blackout season from April-October!

Just found your trip report and will be subbing! I have to say that I find your rhetoric refreshing! I bet most people think what you're writing, they just don't have the guts to write it!!:lmao: My FIL and MIL live in Jacksonville, so we always end up going to WDW with them when we go. It's kind of become a tradition, but I think just once I'd like to go with just my DH.

Ah, the fairies. I would like to see them, I haven't been since they brought them in. I don't know if I could wait an hour or more, though. . . .:confused3

DISmoms gone wild - sounds like a blast. I hope the video doesn't get out.:lmao: You guys have loads of fun and someone have a GranMarnier slush for me.:rotfl:

Those princess pics are crazy! I think it looks like Cindy at some of Ellen's doritos:thumbsup2

Sorry I missed you all today! Have a geat time - have a bloody mary for me! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Heehee. Oh my, oh my. In my opinion, Cinderella looks high. Or drunk. Or maybe it was just a bad photo? ;)

Oh dear, those princesses! Did all of the regular princesses get sick and they had to pick just any ol' gal? It's so mean to say that stuff, but they don't look like SB or Cinderella!

Have a great time this weekend! Sigh - I wish I could go back, but DH and I have a self-imposed blackout season from April-October!

At least your blackout is self imposed! Disney locks me out in the summer. Darn FL season passes! That's okay though - too hot and crowded then for me.....

Just found your trip report and will be subbing! I have to say that I find your rhetoric refreshing! I bet most people think what you're writing, they just don't have the guts to write it!!:lmao: My FIL and MIL live in Jacksonville, so we always end up going to WDW with them when we go. It's kind of become a tradition, but I think just once I'd like to go with just my DH.

Ah, the fairies. I would like to see them, I haven't been since they brought them in. I don't know if I could wait an hour or more, though. . . .:confused3

Oh, Tink is soooooo wonderful! I love her! So very worth it! And glad you found my TR!

DISmoms gone wild - sounds like a blast. I hope the video doesn't get out.:lmao: You guys have loads of fun and someone have a GranMarnier slush for me.:rotfl:

Yes, I had one.... or two? :rolleyes1 Let's just say we spent some time in World Showcase and leave it at that, huh? It was a blast, just got back at noon today.... I'll post the link for that TR soon. PLUS, we were part of a big DIS meet!!! It was a lot of fun, ended up in Rose and Crown with a few other folks.....

Those princess pics are crazy! I think it looks like Cindy at some of Ellen's doritos:thumbsup2

Sorry I missed you all today! Have a geat time - have a bloody mary for me! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

:rotfl2: I agree Tammie!!!

Wishing you pixiedust:fun at the Poly(ASMU).

No upgrade mojo this trip.....:headache: I must be losing my touch. I guess my charming personality and winning smile didn't cut it this time....

Heehee. Oh my, oh my. In my opinion, Cinderella looks high. Or drunk. Or maybe it was just a bad photo? ;)

I'm tellin ya! They were all loopy looking! Then just this weekend, saw a BEAUTIFUL SB in Epcot. Definitely a difference between the A Team and B Team.....

Just back from our DISMoms gone wild weekend! We had a great time, even participated in a fun DIS meet in Epcot while we were there - met some awesome DISers and shared a couple pints o ale with them in R&C in Epcot. To check out our PTR, follow this link... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2163372

And once Ellen (podsnel) gets back sometime tomorrow I'm sure she, Cammie (Camster0307) and I will get started on a fun TR to relive our weekend!

Once we escaped the clutches of the drag queens, er, Princesses….. we made our way back through Fantasyland and stopped to ride the ever popular Haunted Mansion.

Now I did NOT use my flash, being the good, law abiding Disney citizen that I am. But some of the pics are still fun.

MK-HauntedMansion1.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion2.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion3.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion6.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion9.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion90.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion91.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion93.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion94.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion95.jpg

MK-HauntedMansion96.jpg

I love this attraction. Especially on a hot Florida day, which it was turning into. My only complaint is the stupid pop-up ghouls in the graveyard scene. I just hate them! They remind me of a cheesy haunted house when I was a kid.

But enough about my mother in law’s place….

We left HM and were ready to use our FPs at Splash. So we took the shortcut along the water and grabbed some pics along the way....

MK-LibertyBelle.jpg

MK-TomSawyerIsland.jpg

MK-TomSawyerIsland2.jpg

As a new FL resident, I love these birds. I see them all over our neighborhood, too, but I think they are so elegant.

MK-LibertySquarebird2.jpg

Apparently that little girl shares my fascination with the birds....

So, on to Splash Mountain!

I don’t think I’ll ever tire of this ride! Love the drop at the end, and love singing along with everyone in the briar patch! Yes, I really DO sing. Loudly. Much to the chagrin of my prim and proper Ally….. Which usually just makes me sing louder. Much to the chagrin of everyone else in my boat.

MK-SplashMtn1.jpg

MK-SplashMtn3.jpg

MK-SplashMtn4.jpg

MK-SplashMtn5.jpg

P5010144.jpg

P5010151.jpg

P5010155.jpg

P5010157.jpg

P5010159.jpg

P5010160.jpg

After Splash, we were able to wait out the 10 minute standby line for BTMRR. Now when Ally gets on this ride, her arms immediately shoot straight up in the air. And her voice immediately rises into a blood curdling scream that she uses throughout the ride. Much to the chagrin of everyone in Frontierland……

Back through Adventureland – take a spin with my favorite drunken pirate. Seriously. If Cap’n Jack were to take me prisoner, I’d go willingly.

Well, I might put up just enough of a fight to make it interesting…..

Time to head out and enjoy some of that beautiful resort awaiting us. So instead of hush puppying it back to the front, we decided to grab the train. Now I only knew where all the train stations were because of a board game we have called "Magic Kingdom." If you don't have it, get it! It is a fun way to be in MK whenever you want. And it presents enough of a challenge that it is still fun for adults too!!!!

Continued in next post..... dang photo limit.....

So while on the train, I realized I had not ridden this in at least 11 years, maybe more!

P5010166.jpg

We arrived at the Main St Station, and heard it. You know.... IT! That magical Disney music pumping out of all the hidden speakers. LOUD!!!

Then we saw IT! The new Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade just pulling out and heading towards Main St. So we raced down the steps and grabbed a prime spot - prime because we got to see it, AND because there was nobody between us and the exits once it ended!

P5010167.jpg

P5010168.jpg

P5010169.jpg

P5010170.jpg

P5010173.jpg

This has the fun, upbeat energy of Block Party Bash, but only lasts a few minutes. Fun little interlude.

So we blew out the front gates at 4pm!!!! We have NEVER done this EVER since going to WDW. We are commandos. Rope drop thru fireworks.

But we decided to go back and explore AKL this night. And we were sooooo glad we did!

Back with more pics of the lodge, pool, and just flat out Disney relaxation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter