Yankee Candle Fans

Mine are still wonderful, but I do find that unless I'm going to be home all day, I just use tarts. The jars you have to burn for at least 4 hours EVERY time you burn them or they will tunnel. I LOVE the tarts and they are on sale this week!!! ($1)

The stores are very good about exchanging, just take in your old one and they will do an exchange. Their return policy is fantastic, it doesn't matter where you bought your Yankee Candle, they will take it back.

I just replaced my Christmas Wreath candle Thursday--my one from last year got too low to burn well, although it burned very evenly. I ran out and got a new one for $19.99--not the large one, but next size down. It smells up my kitchen just fine. Smells like a "Carolina pine forest" as the old ads used to say.
Not all candles are equal--I bought another brand at Kirkland for $6, an evergreen one, but the smell does NOT go out very far and it tunnels.
Robin M.

Thanks for all the input. I will try the tarts and if they don't smell, then I'm done with them. I will try to return the two I have.

The only trouble I have had with YC candles not smelling was about a year or so ago, I bought several Midsummers Night and none of them had a smell while burning, other than the light you would never have known a candle was burning!

I have been burning HollyBerry large jar candles and tarts for the past several weeks and they have been great, smells up my whole upstairs!

I LOVE Yankee Candles. I probably have about 15 of the large jars and probably about a hundred of the tarts. The only one that I had any kid of problem with is my large jar of Pumpkin Pie. It only smells (faintly) in my living room. Doesn't fill the air in any other rooms, like my other ones.

Went to my parents on Christmas Eve and they were burning Christmas Wreath but it didn't smell either. HHMMMM????

I do have a few that seem to be WAY too strong also. Sometimes will give me a headache if I burn it too long. So I'll only burn it for about an hour or so but then the scent stays in the house all day long.

I only buy tarts now. My house is just one story and when you burn a tart the whole house smells good :)

My favorite Yankee scent is the Clean Cotton, and I like the "chimneys" you can put on them so you don't get the black soot around the top of the jar but I've found the "smell can't get out" very well with the chimney on so I've gone back to burning them without the chimneys. :(

I've also found I can't stomach the "food scented" ones anymore, like apple pie, cinnamon, etc. The smell of them actually makes me nauseous. :(

I've actually gotten more into Bath & Body Works candles this season. They had some awesome ones for autumn, and equally wonderful ones for the holiday season too. I LOVE the Aspen Winter ones!!

The candle shop across the street from my office sells soy candles. I had one (different brand) last year and it was awesome...and I'm a diehard YC fan. Maybe I'll have to try their soy candles and see how they smell.

I LOVE the tarts and they are on sale this week!!! ($1)

Thanks for the info! I must head to the local YC store!

I only burn the tarts, usually in an electric burner, but also in tea light burners. I tried a Christmas Wreath tart a few days ago, but had to turn it off because I didn't really like the scent. It was VERY strong and didn't really remind me of Christmas wreaths!

I love Cranberry Chutney and Holiday Bayberry.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter