Yankee Candle Fans

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
I have been a loyal Yankee Candle customer since 1984 usually buying at the flagship store in So. Deerfield, Mass. This year I bought Christmas Wreath which I have had every year since the scent came out. There was no scent unless you were 6 inches from it! I thought maybe it was just a bad batch and bought another one at a different location (not Mass., I am now in North Carolina) This second one also has no scent!! I am very disappointed. I know the company was sold and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or did I get two duds?

OK, I thought I was losing my mind as well, because I bought some Yankee Candles through a fundraiser, and two of them seemed to have no or minimal scent. One is cinnamon stick, I can't recall what the other is.

Very weird.

I can't even return them becaue they were bought through thsi fundraiser. I think I'll call their customer service number (do they ahve one?) tomorrow to see what they suggest.

I thought my sniffer was broken, but it sounds like it might be a problem company wide.

I stopped buying yankee candles for that reason. Little or no scent. I much prefer the cheapo ones from Shop Rite. Three for 10.00 when on sale and the scent is pretty potent.

Nooooooooooooooo. I love Yankee Candles. I don't want to hear they are cutting back on the scent. Every time I get the chance with work to be in that area I always make a trip to Yankee's flagship store.

I have noticed that in the glass jar ones. Thought it was just me :confused3

In the last 2 years I switched to the tarts, and have not had a problem yet. . .

I think it is possible to get the occasional dud. I still prefer YC's over any other scented candle.

Every now and then I'll buy one that isn't as strong as I had hoped, and every now and then I'll buy one that's way too strong for me when burned, but smelled okay in the jar.

The strongest scented YC's IMHO are the tarts.

I work at a YC store, and we have been noticing that there are the occasional jars that have little scent. All I can say, is take it back, and the store will exchange them for you.

Ducklite ~ As far as I was aware, you should be able to exchange any YC product at any YC store. They may have to look up the item # if it is different (or they don't carry that item) but it should not be a problem.

Everyone always raves about the yankee candle scent but I never really noticed the jar ones having that strong of a scent. I have a few but they don't really smell up the room like other brands.

I noticed it, too. I bought Berry Crumble and Jack Frost. Jack Frost is my favorite winter scent and it's usually very refreshing and makes my whole apartment smell good. I can barely smell it this year. :confused3

This happened to me last year with my Christmas cookie candle. I thought it was me or that my nose had become too accustomed to it. I've bought another one this year. I'll have to see if it does any better.

Had this happen with a couple of them. I remember when I would buy them and more or less have to put it out just because the smell couldn't get anymore bountiful in the room that I was lighting it in...my bedroom at that. So it was like that. Then we went just yesterday actually...or the day before..and my friend got one for his mom. And while it smelled good in the store. When it was lit...it just couldn't hold it's own...tragic in all honesty and realness.

I think the last YC I bought was Sparkling Vanilla and it scents the entire lower half of my 2 story home.

Right now I have Christmas Eve burning (bought last year) and it is doing a great job.

I hope they're not slipping in the quality department, but it sure sounds that way from what I'm reading here.

I used to love yankee candles. Years ago, I discovered http://www.circleecandles.com/ and I've been hooked ever since. Their candles definitely smell up the room and the scent goes all the way down to the bottom of the candle. Yankee Candle wants to be Circle E someday.

I bought some Yankee Candles a few years ago because I'd heard that so many people love them and that they're really great, but when I had them lit for a half-hour or so, I started feeling ill. I tried them a few more times and always had the same effect, which is a shame because I did like the scent. Must be something that they use in the wax. I don't have any problem with other brands of candles -- only Yankee. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen? My son also has the same thing, so it might be something in our genes. I do wish I could use them, though, because they are really pretty and also have nice scents. When I pass them in the stores, I always think "Wish I could get one!"

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I guess I'm the only one not having trouble with Yankee Candles? lol I buy the large jar candles regularly and have not noticed that the scent they give is diminished or any less, over the years.

In fact, lately I've been burning "Gingerspice Cookie", "Cranberry Chutney", and "Pumpkin Pie" and they smell GREAT!!! I always buy ONLY the large jar candles and have never been disappointed. I hope their quality isn't going downhill.

I have christmas even burning in that very small jar and it's pretty potent. I love yankee candles!!!!

I've noticed that they do not burn evenly anymore. Very lopsided the way they are burning. I thought it was a poor marketing ploy to have you buy a cover for your jars to elimiate what used to not happen often.

I stopped buying the jars for this reason. I only buy tarts and use in my electric burner. They solidify more quickly and therefore the scent appears to be stronger.

Some of my YC's "tunnel," and some don't. For the ones that do when the wax is very soft after burning, I push it down along the sides with a butter knife. Voila, no more lopsided jar candles!

Some of my YC's "tunnel," and some don't. For the ones that do when the wax is very soft after burning, I push it down along the sides with a butter knife. Voila, no more lopsided jar candles!

ROTFL! I thought that I was the only one anal enough about my candles to do that!

Lately I heve found myself switching to Root brand candles. They are wonderful! Price is about the same, very fragrant, always burn evenly. They are soy candles, which I like better than the YC ones. YC used to make soy candles and I became quite fond of them but they dc'd that a while back. Like aerosol room sprays, our store dropped them, but Bed Bath & Beyond has them :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter