Yachtsman vs. Le Cellier

They are my two least favorite signatures, actually, but I would give Yachtsman the slight edge. Still...I would get the steak at Flying Fish, just across the lake from Yachtsman, over either of them!

Yachtsman Steakhouse is better than Le Cellier, Le Cellier's only edge is the cheese soup, but the steaks at Yachtsman are better.

The steaks at Yachtsman Steakhouse are also better than Shula's. Shula's does NOT serve PRIME beef. They try to dance their way around NOT using prime by calling it "Premium Black Angus Beef" and they try to dance around USDA grading standards, but it is NOT USDA PRIME. The only official grades of beef in the US are prime, choice, select and standard. The grading is based on marbling, among other factors, but it is marbling that gives the flavor. Shula's can say whatever they want, but they still do not serve prime beef and there is nothing higher than prime beef.

Definitely the Yachtsman. I found the steak at Le Cellier to be disappointing. I was flabbergasted when it became two dining credits. I actually wouldn't choose to eat there again. It's thoroughly unimpressive.

I agree it might not be the best idea to commit to multiple daily ADR's on a first trip. Figuring out new things and attacking the parks can take up a lot of time as new guests, let alone worrying about getting to multiple ADR's. However, people need to it. If they intend on eating a sit down lunch and a sit down dinner, then I'd say go deluxe.

I completely disagree about the 'too much food' part.
12:00PM - 1TS Lunch
7:45PM - 2TS Dinner

Seven hour spacing even on a sedentary day should lead to hunger and even from a dietary standpoint. Seven hours between meals isn't even healthy from a metabolic and nutritional standpoint, let alone on a physically active trip like Disney. Even with three courses, many of the signature offerings are smaller portioned and a soup/salad shouldn't have anyone struggling to finish their entree.

Not sure if you've been on your trip yet. But we have always done the deluxe dining, even our 1st trip. We did learn that first time, that we did NOT need to make reservations for every single meal, that really was a bit restrictive.
However, if you want to eat good :) I would def suggest it! Now we plan 2 sit down meals per day. Depending on how it works out and how hungry we are, we will either snack, stop for quick service (sometimes we even share the QS Meals, so we'll have more for 2 credit dining) for that 3rd meal . Do what works for you, but I wouldn't worry about "wasting" time eating. With the awesome environment and theming, most of the restaurants really are a big part of the Disney experience, in my opinion. I would suggest the Deluxe to anyone - honestly, the food is so overpriced, we wouldn't go and not do that. I think it's a great value for what you are getting, and you get a lot! As far as it being "too much" food. It could be if you ate 3 sit down meals per day, with the app, main course and dessert...however, the regular dining plan is only 1 sit down, 1 quick and 1 snack :( So that's not enough. It's an evil trick....haha, so you'll spring for deluxe. But it works, and if you do regular DD you'll be buying more food especially if your considering signature dining! When we go, using deluxe we do not spend a dime extra on food, we just leave the tip. Those are my thought...just my two cents. Have a wonderful trip!

I see that no one suggested doing away with the DDP altogether. Are you getting it for free with the promotion? If so, keep it. Otherwise, if you plan on doing two-credit meals, the dining plan is a bad deal money-wise. Plus, we like being able to order what we want at restaurants - not being stuck with a lackluster dessert when we wanted an appetizer, etc. We've also found that as we near the end of a trip filled with delicious Disney food, we're less hungry, so we often split entrees for important savings, which we couldn't do on the DDP. Consider just going out of pocket for the whole trip! :)

(Can't help you with the steak though! But the filet mignon at California Grill is very good!)

We ate at both on our last trip. TBH I wasn't insanely impressed at either one, but if I had to choose I'd say Yachtsman for the food, but LC for the atmosphere. Both were lacking in taste, although the Ice Wine flight at LC was a favorite! Yachtsman seemed rather stuffy and not very Disney... so I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Hi, this will be our first visit and both my brother and I love steak. Can you please help me? I want the best steak I can get. Which place should I choose for best meat quality and preperation?

I definitely choose Yachtsmans. IMO it's a true signature restaurant in both quality and atmosphere. We ate at Le Cell this past May and were completely underwhelmed. The steak was meh and Poutine was horrible.

I definitely choose Yachtsmans. IMO it's a true signature restaurant in both quality and atmosphere. We ate at Le Cell this past May and were completely underwhelmed. The steak was meh and Poutine was horrible.
Gotta agree :). Between those choices? Sandy and I would personally opt for Yachtsman's.....

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't try to talk you into Shula's at the Dolphin instead of either :).

Gotta agree :). Between those choices? Sandy and I would personally opt for Yachtsman's.....

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't try to talk you into Shula's at the Dolphin instead of either :).

We've heard great things about Shula's and are wanting to try it. We will probably never return to Le Cellier.

While I like Le Cellier's dark intimate atmosphere, I feel their steaks are vastly overrated. Yachtsman on the other hand is excellent and worth the hype. Yes, it's subjective and sometimes you just have to try both for yourself and form your own opinion. Shula's is probably the best steak there, but it's hardly unique to WDW so I don't see any reason to eat it while on vacay.

Between the two that the OP mentioned, there's no question in our mind that YSH is the better choice for the quality of the food and service. The atmosphere is better at YSH where you won't have your neighbors joining in your dinner conversation like what happens at LC because the tables there are so close together.

However for the best steak (dining plan aside) go about 1/2 mile off property to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria. Better than anything on property including Shulas.

....However for the best steak (dining plan aside) go about 1/2 mile off property to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria. Better than anything on property including Shulas.

I keep HEARING this :). OKW Lover, we keep meaning to just get a cab, and GO to Bull & Bear :). Nope, we don't fiddle with DDP - it's a restaurant destroyer. I suspect you've been to BOTH Shula's and Bull & Bear.... could you contrast the two a bit? For us? Just quality.... could care less about what the final bill looks like :).

I suspect you've been to BOTH Shula's and Bull & Bear.... could you contrast the two a bit? For us? Just quality.... could care less about what the final bill looks like :).
Yes, I've been to both. Basically settled on going to B&B over Shula's for a better overall dining experience. We do get treated very well at B&B (possibly because we dine there frequently) and usually get something sent to the table for us to try complements of the chef. The manager, Manny, recognizes us when we visit and always stops to chat. Service is attentive without being intrusive; you won't know your server is around until you look for them and then they are right there. They anticipate your need for a beverage refill. There is never a feeling that you are being hurried during dinner. Its nice touches like this that enhance the experience. But don't take that as meaning that the food isn't important. We've compared the same cut of meat at B&B and Shula's and B&B is consistently a better tasting dish.

We've also tried non-beef dishes at B&B (but not Shula's) and have fallen in love with the "fried chicken", a chicken dish unlike any other you've ever tried.

I know you said that you weren't concerned about the final bill Dean, but others might be curious. B&B is slightly (perhaps 10%) more expensive than Shula's overall. Of course that depends on what you order.

Getting to B&B from a WDW resort requires a short drive (or taxi ride) to the Waldorf which is on Chelonia Parkway, which intersects with Buena Vista Drive (near Epcot Center Drive). Here's a link to their page. http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/dining/bull-and-bear

Bull & Bear is better than either Shula's or the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but the best steak in Orlando is Christner's Prime Steak and Lobster.

I've never understood the "le Cellier" mystique. LOL, seems strange that the best thing on the menu is actually the soup not the steak, I've tried it 3X's and found it average at best IMO. I'd got with Yachtsman.
wow, you're right. there were more positive comments about the soup than the steak!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter