Yachtsman vs. Le Cellier

Piwacket's Mom

Mouseketeer
Hi, this will be our first visit and both my brother and I love steak. Can you please help me? I want the best steak I can get. Which place should I choose for best meat quality and preperation?

I'd probably go with the Yachtsman (completely subjective) though we also enjoy Le Cellier. We also find that the Flying Fish also has a good steak. Shulas is supposed to be excellent although we have not dined there.

I enjoyed my steak at Le Cellier very much, but I think Yachtsman is a nicer atmosphere and also very good steak. We are going there this year.
I agree, many on the board think Shula's is the best steak on property. I have never been. It is an upscale steakhouse and as such it is expensive.
Have Fun

Thanks for the help. I didn't know about Shula's. I will check to see if it's on the dining plan. We chose deluxe in order to do 3 good sit down meals and want to make the most of it.

Shula's IS the best steak on property. It IS NOT on any of the dining plans. Between YS and LC, YS is the all around better dining experience.

I think you are making a big misteak (see what I did there?) doing DxDP on your first trip. You are giving up A LOT of time just on meals. Even if you do a TS breakfast and Signature dinner, you are still losing a lot of time with having to go and get ready for your dinner. You might want to consider dropping to just the regular DDP and paying for a few meals OOP.

We have enjoyed our meals at both places. While Le Cellier makes a tasty steak, I do feel that Yachtsman is a notch or two above it.

Shula's IS the best steak on property. It IS NOT on any of the dining plans. Between YS and LC, YS is the all around better dining experience.

I think you are making a big misteak (see what I did there?) doing DxDP on your first trip. You are giving up A LOT of time just on meals. Even if you do a TS breakfast and Signature dinner, you are still losing a lot of time with having to go and get ready for your dinner. You might want to consider dropping to just the regular DDP and paying for a few meals OOP.
I was wondering about that. I'm feeling daunted by all the reservations I have to make, let along figuring out planning to get around and making reservation on time without being familiar with each area yet. I paid 500 extra for the upgrade to deluxe and am hitting menus to see if 3 big meals out of pocket and just roving around the park and eating where ever is a better choice.

I was wondering about that. I'm feeling daunted by all the reservations I have to make, let along figuring out planning to get around and making reservation on time without being familiar with each area yet. I paid 500 extra for the upgrade to deluxe and am hitting menus to see if 3 big meals out of pocket and just roving around the park and eating where ever is a better choice.

For a first trip, I would stick with the basic DDP. I think the basic DDP is good for first timers and gives them a chance to sample and experience all that WDW has to offer. After the first trip, that's when people can play around more with either DxDP or no dining plan. IMO DxDP should not even be an option for someones first trip and the basic should be manditory. If you make yourself 1 dinner ADR a day it will give you a chance to try a variety of restaurants, plus it gives you a nice break to recharge. If there is a Signature restaurant that jumps out at you, book it and pay for it OOP, then take the extra TS credit and put it towards something like a character breakfast. A lot of the CS restaurants on property are not just burgers and fries. In fact, you can go for more than a week, eat nothing but CS and never actually eat a burger, fry, chicken finger or pizza.

We love both.
Yachtsman is the better option all around, but if you're not looking to leave the parks and would like to catch Illuminations without running all over the place I would go with Le Cellier.
Keep in mind Yachtsman has a more overall upscale atmosphere vs. Le Cellier's loud, park friendly atmosphere.

I love Le Cellier with the kids, even teens. Just a cooler experience for them. This however is most likely what drives the comments of Yachtsman has better atmosphere. And I do agree, for adults, it does, but our kids just looked at it as just another boring retaurant, where Le Cellier with the brick work and the decor of the room was more appealing to them.

For a first trip, I would stick with the basic DDP. I think the basic DDP is good for first timers and gives them a chance to sample and experience all that WDW has to offer. After the first trip, that's when people can play around more with either DxDP or no dining plan. IMO DxDP should not even be an option for someones first trip and the basic should be manditory. If you make yourself 1 dinner ADR a day it will give you a chance to try a variety of restaurants, plus it gives you a nice break to recharge. If there is a Signature restaurant that jumps out at you, book it and pay for it OOP, then take the extra TS credit and put it towards something like a character breakfast. A lot of the CS restaurants on property are not just burgers and fries. In fact, you can go for more than a week, eat nothing but CS and never actually eat a burger, fry, chicken finger or pizza.
I agree with this 100%. For your first time, i'd stick with the DP, not deluxe. Thats way too much food AND time wasted. The best way to use the deluxe DP is to have a breakfast/early lunch, followed by a signature dinner each night. Two restaurants each day max is more than enough. Although for your first time, the DP is plenty. Its still A LOT of food.

Between LC & Yachstman, i'd go with Yachstman. I didnt think the steak at LC was that great. Then again this was a couple of years ago.

BTW the atmosphere at LC isnt ideal. Youre practically having dinner with the entire restaurant, the tables beside you is inches away. Awful.

Hi, this will be our first visit and both my brother and I love steak. Can you please help me? I want the best steak I can get. Which place should I choose for best meat quality and preperation?

For us, it would be Yachtsman without hesitation. The food is so much better and the atmosphere is a lot more comfortable/relaxed, IMO. Le Cellier wasn't anything special to me and I have no desire to return. I didn't think the food was all that great and it's very cramped as the tables are very close together.

I agree with this 100%. For your first time, i'd stick with the DP, not deluxe. Thats way too much food AND time wasted. The best way to use the deluxe DP is to have a breakfast/early lunch, followed by a signature dinner each night. Two restaurants each day max is more than enough. Although for your first time, the DP is plenty. Its still A LOT of food.

I agree it might not be the best idea to commit to multiple daily ADR's on a first trip. Figuring out new things and attacking the parks can take up a lot of time as new guests, let alone worrying about getting to multiple ADR's. However, people need to it. If they intend on eating a sit down lunch and a sit down dinner, then I'd say go deluxe.

I completely disagree about the 'too much food' part.
12:00PM - 1TS Lunch
7:45PM - 2TS Dinner

Seven hour spacing even on a sedentary day should lead to hunger and even from a dietary standpoint. Seven hours between meals isn't even healthy from a metabolic and nutritional standpoint, let alone on a physically active trip like Disney. Even with three courses, many of the signature offerings are smaller portioned and a soup/salad shouldn't have anyone struggling to finish their entree.

We loved the Yachtsman. If you click on the Sept 2014 dining report in my signature, there are some pictures. I had the strip steak, it was great. We had an awesome meal there. That being said, we are excited to try Le Cellier this trip to see how they compare. :)

I agree it might not be the best idea to commit to multiple daily ADR's on a first trip. Figuring out new things and attacking the parks can take up a lot of time as new guests, let alone worrying about getting to multiple ADR's. However, people need to it. If they intend on eating a sit down lunch and a sit down dinner, then I'd say go deluxe.

I completely disagree about the 'too much food' part.
12:00PM - 1TS Lunch
7:45PM - 2TS Dinner

Seven hour spacing even on a sedentary day should lead to hunger and even from a dietary standpoint. Seven hours between meals isn't even healthy from a metabolic and nutritional standpoint, let alone on a physically active trip like Disney. Even with three courses, many of the signature offerings are smaller portioned and a soup/salad shouldn't have anyone struggling to finish their entree.
Dont forget that on the deluxe DP you get 3 meals, plus 2 snacks. For those meals you also get an appetizer and dessert in addition to the entree. You dont think thats too much food (x3 a day?).

Also remember that although a signature (2TS credits) and a 1TS restaurant per day is ideal, not everyone will want to do a signature for dinner each night. Therefore they'd either do 3 (1TS) restaurants per day, or 2 TS restaurants and a CS.

We do the DP (we love to eat) yet at times we felt as though it was a lot of food! And trust me, we eat!

For me the choice between Le Cellier and Yachtsman Steakhouse is an easy one. I can't stand, LC and I do love Yachtsman. IMO, I thought the quality of beef at LC was very average and loaded with sodium. I did not care for the Mushroom Filet. I personally thought it tasted like Campbell's Mushroom Soup poured over the beef and sitting on a bed of Minute Rice and calling it Risotto. I thought the dining room was dark, tables stacked on top of each other and the service very average at best. It is far, far, far, far, far, from being a signature experience. With that said, the cheese soup was above average and the pretzel bread was excellent. :goodvibes As for YSH; the service I have received there has always been excellent. The atmosphere is much nicer, and I personally think the steaks are much better than what is being offered at LC. For me, YSH is certainly more signature than LC. YSH in a landslide over LC. Again, just my personal opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter