Wyndham Reunion Condo Reviews

SweetMimi

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
I have the opportunity to reserve a 3 bed/3bath in Reunion. I've scoured the boards but don't see much about the actual condo side. Has anyone stayed here? My goal was to snag something with 3 bathrooms to accommodate the Motley crew I have going with me this trip and this looks like it fits the bill. We often stay at Orange Lake resort in Kissimmee and this doesn't look too far away from there especially hopping on 429. We will be doing Disney parks this year. So any reviews/tips are appreciated.

Mimi

Hi All,
I have the opportunity to reserve a 3 bed/3bath in Reunion. I've scoured the boards but don't see much about the actual condo side. Has anyone stayed here? My goal was to snag something with 3 bathrooms to accommodate the Motley crew I have going with me this trip and this looks like it fits the bill. We often stay at Orange Lake resort in Kissimmee and this doesn't look too far away from there especially hopping on 429. We will be doing Disney parks this year. So any reviews/tips are appreciated.

Mimi

I only have experience staying in the Wyndham 3BR units, but it's a fabulous resort. Easily the nicest Wyndham I've stayed at, and I'm a Wyn points owner. I posted a mini review with some pics of the kids water park area on another board here and here. My understanding is that if you're renting from a private owner it may vary as to whether water park access is included or not, but when renting a Wyndham unit it is included. To get to Disney from Reunion, the quickest way is actually out the side entrance of the resort on Old Lake Wilson Rd. Take that north until you hit 192 and you're practically there (4 miles). This is the same road that Windsor Hills is on.

I can answer any other questions you may have.

staceyeileen thank you for the response. We will have a 3 BR unit through Wyndham too. Most of the info I've seen on the DIS has been mostly with the rental homes so I was looking for someone who has used the same type of accommodations we're looking at. It looks really nice and I've read mostly good reviews so I'm thinking we'll try it out.
I appreciate the tips on driving. I love finding the quickest, least congested routes! That was a small concern since the distance is mentioned in most reviews. We are very familiar with 192. I read somewhere that there is some other back way into Disney off of 192 - without getting on the toll road....I'll have to research that :).

By toll road, do you mean 429? I'm pretty sure 429 would be out of your way going anywhere. When you take Old Lake Wilson to 192, you can make a right turn on 192 until you hit World Dr. The back way people are referring to is probably Sherberth Rd, which would be your quickest way to AK for sure and maybe other parks depending on traffic on 192. To take this route, you go Old Lake Wilson Rd, LEFT on 192, RIGHT on Sherberth Rd, RIGHT on Osceola Parkway and then AK is on your left (or follow signs to the other parks). It's worth taking a look at a map.

I can't imagine you'll be disappointed in the unit. From what I remember, the Wyndham units are all in either the Cabana Court or Sandy Ridge areas of the resort. We were in Sandy Ridge which was close to the water park, but still required a car to get there.

I got a quote for a 3 bedroom that says it includes water park access. So, that's for each day, right? And am I understanding correctly that a car is needed to get to the water park? I've got to decide where to stay, and this place was at the top of the list, but we would use the water park every day, so I want to make sure we'll be able to. And I'm not sure if I want to give to the water park with 3 kids under 6. Walking would be easier!

Ok. Thanks for those directions. We will certainly try them. I say 429 because that is how our directions show for us to get to the resort.....coming from the turnpike. It is almost exactly the same as getting to Orange Lake except we have to come further South. 429 literally runs through Orange Lake and when we hop on it, we're at some back entrance to Disney property - by Carribean Beach Resort or something and Blizzard Beach is right there as well. It is literally 5 minutes tops with no traffic. I think the toll is $1.50 but sooo worth it.

scanmom just from looking at the resort it looks like you'll need to be prepared for a car ride :). I'm guessing the waterpark is attached to an "area" so maybe you can see if you can get in that section. I like being able to walk to the activities as well. Some bigger resorts have a shuttle and I read where that is an option here. Just not sure if waiting for a shuttle with little ones is any better of an option than driving with small ones! Orange Lake has very spacious 3 bedrooms but you would need a car or shuttle to visit all the pools there too. I really like Vistana because of its walkability but their biggest rooms are two bedroom.

staceyeileen do you know if there are basketball courts?

@SweetMimi ah yes, if you take 429 North to Western Way that is one of the Disney "main gates" you could use as well. It actually takes you right by Coronado Springs Resort. I know the area well!

I'm not sure if they have a basketball court. There is a tram offered, but at least when we were there it did not have a regular schedule. You actually just called guest services and they sent the tram over your way on demand, which we actually preferred. YMMV.

Here's a map. It looks like they've renamed some of the "neighborhoods" since I stayed there. What was Sandy Ridge when we were there looks to be named The Villas North now.

http://www.reunionresort.com/images/RE_ResortMap_Dec2015_LowRes.jpg

It's kind of hard to judge distances, but it looks to me like you would probably need to drive to the water park from any of the areas. I'll have to think about this. But, it looks g
Like a beautiful resort!

It's kind of hard to judge distances, but it looks to me like you would probably need to drive to the water park from any of the areas. I'll have to think about this. But, it looks g
Like a beautiful resort!

Yes, you'd have to drive or take the tram. It's really spread out.

To answer your other water park question, yes you get access to the water park every day. They give you wrist bands for entry that you keep for you whole stay - I think it's up to 8 per unit.

I think if you're in The Villas South you could walk. I think the Wyndham units are in Villas North/South but it'd be worth a call to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter