• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Writing A Letter -Please Help-

WDWfan36

DIS Veteran
I have been working a bit on a leter I want to send to Yavn's Boss concerning topics that haven't been fixed. If you could help me a bit with things to add, etc. I would be grateful. Here it is :

November 7th, 2006

Dear Mr. Yanover:

I am an active member of Virtual Magic Kingdom, and enjoy it to the max. I have been a player since beta and love the changes you have made to VMK through the months. A few topics that have brought my attention, really need to be discussed with you.

Recently, another VMK player that has e-mailed you concerning how people act. She got this reply from you "VMK is a complex marketing tool; it isn't about being fair or nice or even the "Disney spirit"." I understand that one of your reasons for creating the game was to get people to visit Disney World or Disney Land. My point is many children play VMK and if you want to influence them to get VMK players to go to these places, you need to stop all this rudeness and inappropriate acts that I see every day.

I most often sit in central plaza (I just can't get over how great it looks!) or play pirates. In central plaza many people call each other <WORD REM
OVED>
or start arguments and plain just hurt someone's feelings. Although, it's only one or two players that cause this destruction and usually is easy to deal with. My main concern is Pirates. I play pirates all the time because it is my favorite game and I believe most people act rude and unkind in this place.

Almost every game I play people call me cheaters, a nasty word, or anything they can think of. I on the other hand try to deal with it myself by responding with "Please, lets be nice and not mean :)" Usually most people stop but some people won't quit and harass me and other players all the time. I don't think this will make new players really want to go to Walt Disney World. I also believe it is not appropriate for younger kids.

I'm not sure what has happened to VMK from Beta to now (not concerning all the new cool items though, a bit of a different topic) but it is definitely not a positive change. Back in the Beta ages, you would just sit in a room and talk. No mean people, or "taken" or any nasty rooms. There we're fun guest rooms and really nothing bad. I remember when they started doing taken and that's one of the reasons our VMK world is not as great.

I don't understand why you allow taken. I understand being good friends but taken just isn't right. All the fighting over a bunch of pixels is ridiculous, it just brings VMK down. Why don't you ban it? I'm sorry but it doesn't make much sense to me personally.

(I can't think of a conclusion)

I think this is a great letter. You address many of the main problems. I must ask, if you could add bay be into the letter, simply because it gets really creepy. Way to go on the letter. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

It seems this 'taken' nonsense is leading more and more fights with other people. We are virtual characters and I understand wanting your first boyfriend or girlfriend but doing it on a virtual disney website just doesn't seem right. I see girls and guys saying to each other "I glove you" and saying "Want to have a bay be?" and children as little as 8 do not need to be seeing this kind of stuff yet.

I think the letter is perfect but maybe you could talk about staff taking a little more action instead of just telling you to ignore someone.

I'd also adress the issue about the Report button and how staff doesn't always react to it. Add a few sequins and ribbons and you have a masterpiece! ^^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter