Wow...southwest offer!!

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
Did anyone else get this in the mail?
Fly two times round trip between May and September (exact dates are downstairs..but I can get them if you need them) and get one reward round trip for anyplace we fly, good for one year.

Yippee..we already have a May and June trip booked to Disney (made when the prices dropped so low last month!!).

Wow, what a deal.

I also have Air with Southwest for June and Aug/Sept but I did not receive anything about that in the mail.I also went to their Website and it doesn't say anything about that offer...Mmmm.
Hope I'll be getting mine soon.
Thanks for the heads up.
Debbie

Hmm, I have trips booked on SWA to BNA in early July and MCO in mid July. Do these trips count if they are already booked?

I will be looking in the mail on Monday!!!!

pin

I'm a Rapid Rewards Member and have not received anything yet.
In the meantime can you tell me if my Dates qualify? I'm going June 9-12th and August 30th -September 3rd.
Thanks and I'll keep looking for it in the mail!
Debbie

Over on www.flyertalk.com they are saying that this is targeted. In other words if you did not get the flyer you won't get the deal.

Originally posted by CarolA
Over on www.flyertalk.com they are saying that this is targeted. In other words if you did not get the flyer you won't get the deal.

Yep, it is targeted. "only the member who received this mailing is eligable for this offer". That is why I did not announce that I had received it. There is no code, btw, it is tied to your RR number.

Since I almost tossed it, thinking it was yet another offer for a credit card, I'd rather people tell me when they get these offers, so I am on the lookout (I was actually on my way to the trash with these). Many people announce when they get postcards, which gives others hope that maybe one will come their way, and also people talk, and try to decide why one got it and not the other.

Often people have announced specials they have gotten, and I shortly find them in my mailbox. I remember someone annuncing a while back about an ATT "check" they got if they switched to ATT as their long distance provider. Since they were already members, ATT told them to enjoy the check. My trash hadn't gone out to the curb yet, and after reading that I went trash diving, and found my $75 check. I had assumed it was no good, since I already had ATT..so hopefully people will continue to post when they get specials..even if says just for the person who got it.

Originally posted by DMRick
Since I almost tossed it, thinking it was yet another offer for a credit card, I'd rather people tell me when they get these offers, so I am on the lookout (I was actually on my way to the trash with these). Many people announce when they get postcards, which gives others hope that maybe one will come their way, and also people talk, and try to decide why one got it and not the other.

Often people have announced specials they have gotten, and I shortly find them in my mailbox. I remember someone annuncing a while back about an ATT "check" they got if they switched to ATT as their long distance provider. Since they were already members, ATT told them to enjoy the check. My trash hadn't gone out to the curb yet, and after reading that I went trash diving, and found my $75 check. I had assumed it was no good, since I already had ATT..so hopefully people will continue to post when they get specials..even if says just for the person who got it.

I understand your point, but, I don't announce these things because it causes some angst and a round of frenzied questions.
I don't like to be responsible for these issues.

I am with Gail.

When people annouce they got something others did not it always causes a lot of problems.

Even if you had thrown it out, would it have made much difference. You have already booked the tickets and the free ticket would have just been a "surprise".

When people annouce they got something others did not it always causes a lot of problems.

I guess we all see things different..makes the world go around. For instance, not everyone has a BJ's membership (or even a BJ's), or lives in Florida, yet we post when we use a BJ's coupon or about FL specials. That's the way these boards have always worked..at least since I've been a member. I wasn't trying to debate this, but giving my own opinion. She said why she didn't tell about her card from SW, and I said why I did. I understood Gail's Point of view, and she said she understood my point of view. If I have made anyone feel terrible, that they did not get this offer from SW, I apologize to them.

And yes, to me it would have made a difference. Up until I got the card, we had about decided to not go again in June, and to cancel until winter..since we are going in May. This made us firm up our plans and be excited about another trip next month.

By the way, nothing I have read on my card, made me think that all Reward members weren't getting this. Although it said you had to get this card, I assumed all reward people did : (

I guess we all see things different..makes the world go around. For instance, not everyone has a BJ's membership (or even a BJ's), or lives in Florida, yet we post when we use a BJ's coupon or about FL specials. That's the way these boards have always worked..at least since I've been a member. I wasn't trying to debate this, but giving my own opinion. She said why she didn't tell about her card from SW, and I said why I did. I understood Gail's Point of view, and she said she understood my point of view. If I have made anyone feel terrible, that they did not get this offer from SW, I apologize to them.

And yes, to me it would have made a difference. Up until I got the card, we had about decided to not go again in June, and to cancel until winter..since we are going in May. This made us firm up our plans and be excited about another trip next month.

By the way, nothing I have read on my card, made me think that all Reward members weren't getting this. Although it said you had to get this card, I assumed all reward people did : (

It is in very tiny print at the bottom and the specifics on how to book it are there also.

We post codes about BJ's and Sam's etc. because most people can join those clubs if they wish. Selective mailings are just that and in this case, it goes by the RR number, so, not everyone could have access to it. The way it is stated in the tiny print indicates that it is selective.

It is in very tiny print at the bottom and the specifics on how to book it are there also.

Yes, that's what I read. But it said it had to be booked through southwest.com..and that was it. Unless yours is different from mine. Does your specifically say you have to book through the Reward area? Mine does not. We may have gotten different mailings.

It did say you have to have this card to get it, but again, I just assumed all reward people got it, and they meant I couldn't give mine to my neighbor and she would then be able to get it (sort of like my "very own mailing" from Boscov's that I'm so special to get, and all the charge card people got it LOL. All of my grown up kids got it, (and they have different last names and life in different towns)and so maybe that is just a coincidence.

By the way..BJ's is just in the East as far as I know : ) I'd give up my BJ's for a Costco!

Yes, that's what I read. But it said it had to be booked through southwest.com..and that was it. Unless yours is different from mine. Does your specifically say you have to book through the Reward area? Mine does not. We may have gotten different mailings.

It did say you have to have this card to get it, but again, I just assumed all reward people got it, and they meant I couldn't give mine to my neighbor and she would then be able to get it (sort of like my "very own mailing" from Boscov's that I'm so special to get, and all the charge card people got it LOL. All of my grown up kids got it, (and they have different last names and life in different towns)and so maybe that is just a coincidence.

By the way..BJ's is just in the East as far as I know : ) I'd give up my BJ's for a Costco!

We have Sam's (which I know is Nationwide), BJ's and Costco.
Too many choices. And, I know what you mean about those mailings from different stores. Heck with one of our stores you don't even need the coupons, they have them at the cash registers.

I may have misread the mailing (not impossible) and I think we got the same one.

DMRick,I'm glad you posted this information.I'm still keeping my fingers crossed hoping it's 'in the mail'.If I get one great! If I don't well then maybe I'll get another deal.It would have been nice since I am booking 2 trips on Southwest.com between May and September But like I said..Maybe next time.....
Debbie

Well, I guess I am not a "TARGET" ;) for SWA. I wonder if it is because I have 2 free RR tickets right now, I have 12 points for my next one already AND I have 2 trips booked on SWA this summer.

But that's ok......I love SWA and their RR system is a good program for me!!!

pin

did you get just one card or cards for your entire family???

My husband and I each got one in our own names, as did my groqn up children living elsewhere. Ours came Friday..theirs came today. So far everyone I've heard that got one is in the Northeast. Don't know if that means anything, just thought I would throw that out there.

Originally posted by lawgs
dmrick

did you get just one card or cards for your entire family???

Lawgs,
It comes to each individual member. Dee and I each got one, but, not Brook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter