Wow...southwest offer!!

Originally posted by Pinnie
Well, I guess I am not a "TARGET" ;) for SWA. I wonder if it is because I have 2 free RR tickets right now, I have 12 points for my next one already AND I have 2 trips booked on SWA this summer.

But that's ok......I love SWA and their RR system is a good program for me!!!

pin

It is completely random.

I'm glad you posted, too - SW is new to our area and I'm trying to learn all I can about them, as so many people seem happy with their service. Now I know to join the RR program ! Can I do that before I book with them, or is it something I have to sign up for after I've booked/flown with SW? Looks like SW will even beat Spirit for some dates! Thanks!

Did the offer come via e-mail or snail mail? Postcard or brochure? I don't always read all my "junk mail".

I'm with Lewisc - can someone give some idea of exactly what came? Was it a postcard, letter, card? Both DH and I got what I thought were birthday cards from SWA last week. But my birthday was in Feb. Maybe I need to go search them out. LOL!

It was a fold open post card..you opened it (snail mail). A lot like the birthday cards, and offers of credit cards. You can prob call SW and see if you qualify, and tell them you may have tossed it. You don't really need the card, it's really just an announcement of the offer.

You can join RR at any time. You don't have to wait until you fly. Our birthday cards always come near our birthdays.

Originally posted by bjakmom
I'm glad you posted, too - SW is new to our area and I'm trying to learn all I can about them, as so many people seem happy with their service. Now I know to join the RR program ! Can I do that before I book with them, or is it something I have to sign up for after I've booked/flown with SW? Looks like SW will even beat Spirit for some dates! Thanks!

Sign up before hand and use the number, which will be given to you immediately, to book. Very easy.

Originally posted by Lewisc
Did the offer come via e-mail or snail mail? Postcard or brochure? I don't always read all my "junk mail".

BIG yellow piece, with the plane in the right, and " Fasten your seatblet and get ready to fly free faster" under you address.

It is an 8.5x11 sheet of heavy stock folded in half. On the back it says " An exclusive offer just for you"

Fly 2 rountrips. Get 1 free.

Lewis, I would be shocked if you did not see this. :)

Originally posted by Rpsemont
I'm with Lewisc - can someone give some idea of exactly what came? Was it a postcard, letter, card? Both DH and I got what I thought were birthday cards from SWA last week. But my birthday was in Feb. Maybe I need to go search them out. LOL!

Oh, boy, trash diving. LOL. If indeed you received them, which I have to think you did, you won't need them, there is no code on them.

Thanks DMRick and Gail !! I'm going to sign up for RR right now for both DH and I - I'm watching for Dec and Jan flights/rates to be released!!
(does SW usually release rates/flights only one month or two at a time? - I've never seen any carriers do it this way and I'm curious:confused: )

Originally posted by bjakmom
Thanks DMRick and Gail !! I'm going to sign up for RR right now for both DH and I - I'm watching for Dec and Jan flights/rates to be released!!
(does SW usually release rates/flights only one month or two at a time? - I've never seen any carriers do it this way and I'm curious:confused: )

SWA releases 4-6 months in advance. It seems to be unique to them, but, the nice thing is they don't change flights and they don't cancel them.

I live in Indiana and I got one (Yippee!) so it's not targeted to just the Northeast.

just got what i think is a different SouthWest Promotion in the mail......

called "Get Triple Credits on the fly."

good for 6 credits on roundtrip flights flown between May 1, 2004 and July 31, 2004

fine print

only the member who receives the promotion can use it
not good for swavacations.com reservations

from what i can gather, from talking to RR Customer Service, they can tell from the RR number in their computer whether or not the promotion is "tied to your" account

spouse has not received anything ( that is why i called ), they were able to tell me nothing was connected to her RR at this time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!