Would you switch from WL to POR for the savings?

I was curious to hear from someone who has switched resorts mid way. If it was worth the hassle. I Was thinking of going WL then BC and planning all close events to coincide.

It's doable, we have done a "split stay" once and then several times we have started out arrival night in a value before moving to a deluxe the next morning.

Disney will move your luggage, you just pack up the morning of the move and call bell services and tell them that they need to go to the other hotel. We had a vehicle so we just ooh ours with us. IF you're on a package though it tends to get sticky I think. We generally do room only though. You will lose some time on the move though but it's a good way to both save money (go from a value or mod to mode or deluxe) or if your hotel isn't available for all of your nights you can piece your stay out that way. We did it from WL to Polynesian and other than some kinks when we arrived at the Poly with our room not being ready it went smoothly

...and we're sticking with the WL! I wound up subtracting a day from the trip which also eliminated the brunch, so a little compromise wound up making the budget, dh and me happy. So excited! We're going to Walt Disney World!!! Thanks again for all the help. Y'all are the best! :)

Congratulations, that way you know you will be at a resort that you love. :thumbsup2

We too have only stayed at WL and loved it every time, but coming up in September we are going to try POR. We went preferred to guarantee an AB room close to the lobby, so we'll see how that works out for us and whether the cost savings overcomes missing the lodge.

It's doable, we have done a "split stay" once and then several times we have started out arrival night in a value before moving to a deluxe the next morning. Disney will move your luggage, you just pack up the morning of the move and call bell services and tell them that they need to go to the other hotel. We had a vehicle so we just ooh ours with us. IF you're on a package though it tends to get sticky I think. We generally do room only though. You will lose some time on the move though but it's a good way to both save money (go from a value or mod to mode or deluxe) or if your hotel isn't available for all of your nights you can piece your stay out that way. We did it from WL to Polynesian and other than some kinks when we arrived at the Poly with our room not being ready it went smoothly

Thankyou. Actually we were planning on dvc rentals and wanted to try a couple locations. So i guess its a room only purchase as everything else is purchased separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter