Would you spend $277 More for nonstop flight?

kteesmumma

DIS Veteran
We are already booked with Southwest out of Logan. We got an amazing fare for all four of us in May. The total was 707.00 We have layovers and are not getting to MCO until 7:35pm and then our flight home leaves MCO at 7:35am on our departure day.

I have been checking flights and realized that SW flies out of Providence and just checked their flights (wish I had checked when we got the great deal out of Logan). I can get a non stop flight out of Prov. and getting into MCO at 9:50am instead of at night but its an additional $277.00 (Total) for the one way change.

Do you think its worth it?

I would, if it was in my budget to do so. For $70 per person, you can cut of 5 hours or so of travel time, TOTALLY WORTH IT. Especially if you have small children.

thank you so much for your thoughts. Its so tempting..I try to budget everything and make sure we aren't spending money on things we dont need. I have a 4 year old and 8 year old and I know it would be so much easier to do a non stop flight and would be so much nicer to get to disney earlier in the morning then later at night.

Per person? No. Total for the entire group, I'd probably do it, especially considering how much travel time you'd be saving and how less grumpy everyone will be in the end. :goodvibes

Per person? No. Total for the entire group, I'd probably do it, especially considering how much travel time you'd be saving and how less grumpy everyone will be in the end. :goodvibes

its TOTAL not per person, if it were per person I wouldnt do it either lol.

YES, I would do it too. I always book nonstop, especially with kids. That $277 would be paying for my sanity.

I'd probably do it to have the extra park day. I don't mind flying or airports, so the day of travel wouldn't bother me, but if I could turn it into a MK day or an Epcot day, I'd do it.

I would because of all the extra time you have in the park. You are paying for the park/resort experience and you should have extra time to spend time at it!

Wow thanks everyone...

What is the odds that the price goes down a bit LOL....hahaha..

I will talk it over with hubby..trying to figure out if we can cut back somewhere else

I probably would go ahead and pay the extra. You have to figure in the value of your time, especially if anyone in your party is using vacation time for the trip. It basically gives you and extra day of vacation if you can get there that much earlier.

Also, depending on the length of your trip and the tickets you have purchased, it is generally very inexpensive to add a park day to previously purchased tickets. Or you could save the extra cash, stash your baggage and have a nice day by the pool, or wandering around DTD, or whatever.

Plus, it is much easier flying out of Green than flying out of Logan. But then, I live in RI, so for me Green is much easier anyway. :)

We fly from Oahu to Salt Lake City about once a year with three kids (8, 5, and 2). I make sure we get the direct flight when we are traveling to our destination because it is such a pain to get kids and all their stuff on and off planes several times. I also realize there are numerous other people on the same flight as us who are probably trying to catch connecting flights. I figure if we fly to our destination directly, then we aren't in a major rush to get off the plane, with all the kids stuff, to catch our connection or holding up anyone else who might be trying to catch another flight. It really is worth the extra money to take a direct flight. I would much rather enjoy more time at the destination than trying to get there, especially if it means more time at Disney!

Have a great trip!

The difference in the flights is nine hours. That will give you the ability to have an (almost) full additional day in a Park.

Yes, I would definitely do it. Even if you do not go to a park that day, you can always hang out at the resort and enjoy the pool & amenities there.

We book non-stop 99.9% of the time & if we don't I'm always reminded why we will pay more for the non-stop!

I would probably do it. But keep in mind driving distances and what time you'll need to leave home to be at the airport for a 9:30AM flight.

We always fly direct to MCO, this last trip we had to change in Miami. Guess what, there is direct flight from Miami to Guatemala- I know because my luggage went there! And we were headed for the Dream later that weekend- talk about stress since it was mising for an entire day and then took an entire day to arrive at my hotel. From now on I am avoiding a connecting flight at all costs!

You are saving so much time if you change- go for it! If it was only 2 hours I might keep the connection, but your current flight is a LONG day with kids!

I meant to ask... those who keep saying they're saving travel time... without knowing the length of the layover, how do you know they're saving a bunch of time? If the original flight left at 5pm and arrived at 7:30p, that's a 2 1/2 hour trip. If the new flight leaves at 7:30am and arrives at 9:30am, that's a 2 hour trip. They're saving 30 minutes.

Yes, they are arriving sooner and gain a park day (if they want), but that's adding "vacation time", not necessarily changing "travel" time.

We are already booked with Southwest out of Logan. We got an amazing fare for all four of us in May. The total was 707.00 We have layovers and are not getting to MCO until 7:35pm and then our flight home leaves MCO at 7:35am on our departure day.

I have been checking flights and realized that SW flies out of Providence and just checked their flights (wish I had checked when we got the great deal out of Logan). I can get a non stop flight out of Prov. and getting into MCO at 9:50am instead of at night but its an additional $277.00 (Total) for the one way change.

Do you think its worth it?

For $277 for the -whole family- total, YES.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter