Would you share with a stranger?

If a couple you don't know asked you to share their Kitchen Sink would you:

• Say YES without hesitation and dig in.

• Say YES, but insist on divying it out into separate bowls.

• Say Yes, but insist on paying for half

• Say NO, but thanks anyway.

• Say NO and point out how disgusting that is.

• Give them a funny look and walk away without answering.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matt71

Self appointed voice of reason
DW and I really want to try the Kitchen sink this trip, but know we can't finish it ourselves, so we're planning to share it if we can find anyone interested.

Would you share a Kitchen Sink with strangers?

Even though they give you persona bowls to use, I still wouldn't split with a stranger. But, it is awesome. I would get it, even if I knew my party couldn't finish it alone.

Definitely no. There's no harm getting it for the two of you and leaving the left overs though.

WOW
Are there no adventurous people on the DIS board?

I'm glad I posted this, if so many people responded this way to my face I'd feel really bad.

I would say yes, but only if it was divvied into different bowls, (not actually 'sharing' the food because our utensils wouldn't be touching). I did the Kitchen sink about 10 yrs ago, with 7 of us, and I don't think we finished it. Looking back now I think - ick, we just ate of the bowl together and just rotated it! (we were just friends, not family). I guess I'm in the minority, but my DH and I always have a habit of meeting people and becoming friends.

If you ask someone, I would try to strike up a conversation first, and then mention it, but YOU mention divving it into different bowls.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea of sharing food with a stranger is unusual and I don't hold it against anyone for saying no, but I don't see this as being much different than someone offering to buy you lunch.

As long as you split it up into separate bowls, how is it any different than a business lunch with someone you've never met?

Even if you ate out of the same bowl, it's only dangerous if one of the people is sick. People thinking it's disgusting falls into the same reasoning behind not eating off a brand new trash can lid or eating out of a factory fresh toilet.

WOW
Are there no adventurous people on the DIS board?

I'm glad I posted this, if so many people responded this way to my face I'd feel really bad.

:rotfl2: Well, rats, we'll be there a couple of weeks after you so I can't try to take you up on this. But, yeah, as long as it was divvied up into separate bowls, I would gratefully accept some ice cream.

ETA: I would pass on the offer to eat it out of a spankin' new toilet bowl, though. Apparently, I'm ok with a kitchen sink but draw the line at a toilet bowl.

OK Newbie question..... what's the "Kitchen Sink"

I assume it is a special at one of the restaurants, but which one....and what's included? what does it cost?

I would say no but thank you for the offer.

I don't think it's disgusting - I'm not afraid of catching anything (unless I could see that you were ill - i.e. a cold or flu or sores) and I don't think that it's equal to eating from a garbage can or toilet.

I'd just feel awkward - i.e. if you're paying for it, I'd worry that I'm eating too much or you really like the little chocolate bar pieces, I shouldn't be taking them.

OK Newbie question..... what's the "Kitchen Sink"
sundae.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUwKDqoClW0

It's a big ol' ice cream sundae - 8 scoops of ice cream with all the toppings and whipped cream. It's at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

And no, I wouldn't share with a stranger ... IMHO that's kinda gross :scared:

It's a big ol' ice cream sundae - 8 scoops of ice cream with all the toppings and whipped cream. It's at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

And no, I wouldn't share with a stranger ... IMHO that's kinda gross :scared:

OK..... now that I understand..... No way would I share that.... I am a pretty open minded person..... but Ice Cream? It melts and runs, and as much as you say you would have seperate bowls, come on...you see this morself of choclatey goodness dripping away from the main bowl, it calls to you....and you stick that spoon in quickly.

No one watches Seinfeld....it's a total Double Dip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter