• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather spend more nights at a Value or less nights at a deluxe?

Okay, I 'll disagree. We stayed at WL in Nov for five nights and it was wonderful!!! Did all four parks and had lots of down time (this was Thanksgiving weekend). The most I would stay at a value is two nights. I think I would go stir crazy after much longer than that.

I would elect more nights at WL, a short boat ride to MK. Small resort, less then 800 rooms, less to contend with in the food court, great restuarents. Another plus is a short bot ride to Ft. Widerness with all kinds of activities.

I would go with the longer trip at a value resort. It can be very difficult to do everything you want to do in 5 days. With 8 days, you will be able to take your time and see most everything. Plus, you will have a better chance of being able to reschedule something if it is cancelled due to rain. Your 3 year old will probably appreciate the values more anyway because of the theming, especially at ASMo. What child does not want to see a life size characters?

We have never stayed in a deluxe for that exact reason. We can stay much longer at a value and be able to experience more of the World. I just can't justify spending more money on a deluxe for less time at WDW. I'm sure one day we will split our stay between 1 night at a deluxe and the rest at a value. But for now, the values work just fine for us.

Good luck in making your decision. Either way you will have a magical time! :wizard:

Hands down less nights in a deluxe. For us we enjoy the amenities of our resort almost as much as we enjoy the parks. Maybe when DD is older and we're spending much less time at our resort I might opt for a moderate but probably not.

Ditto what CEDMom said... I enjoy the resort as much as the parks (if not more), so I'd rather go less often for a shorter amount of time. This way, fewer trips are more special to me than a lot of trips with less significance.

mariamouse :smooth:

I would definitely rather stay at a value longer than have a shorter deluxe trip...If I can spend 10 days instead of 6 I'd say PC or ASsp here I come...

Hi everyone, I'm new here. After staying at all resort types I would go for the shortest stay and stay at a Deluxe resort. I guess the biggest reason for me is the monorail system. We just got back from staying at the Grand Floridian and having that monorail was sooo nice.

::yes::

First of all.....welcome jodiemckenna!

We would choose the Deluxe. We are able to visit frequently and there are some days we never venture to a park. We love to use the pools and sit on our patio/balcony and "soak" in the Disney Deluxe Resort Feel!

Either way....enjoy! ::yes::

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I would split the difference and stay at a Moderate! The value resorts just don't work for me - I don't get a good night's sleep and I never seem to be able to unwind. DH and my kids can sleep anywhere but if Mama ain't happy...

If a moderate were not an option then I would pick a shorter deluxe stay over a longer value resort stay. I would then live like a miser for a few months and add a few days to the deluxe!

we would def. stay at a Value. thats what we do anyways. we are usually always in the park most of the day. although we do go in summer now in August, so we go early ,back to swim and have lunch then back to the parks. we staty usually 8 - 9 nts. we have a GREAT TIME at the all stars. i def. would do value and stay longer. the food court is great , kids can get anything you can think of to eat. go you will have a great trip..... i cant wait to go back this summer

Hi,

I would stay at the value so I could be there longer, but then I would never leave if they didn't make me!

This year we are splitting our stay. 3 nts at all star movies and 4 nights at Coronado Springs. They are both booked w/ a discount code. So, we are getting 4 nights at a Moderate for what we would have paid for all 7 at the Value.

In the past we have stayed offsite to make our stay longer - when we weren't able to get a discount thru disney.

Jennifer

5 days at a deluxe (but only on the monorail or by Epcot).

We go often enough that we would much rather go to WDW for five days, go to the parks for maybe 3 days and spend a couple of days relaxing around the very nice deluxe resorts.

Hands down, stay at a moderate for longer. I've never stayed at a Value resort, but I'd pick it if it meant staying at Disney longer!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We splurged last year (well, kind of, we did the pay for 4 stay for 7) and stayed at WL. It was beautiful and nice and fun, but the whole time my DD5 kept saying..."Mom...WHY didn't we stay at the hotel with Buzz and Woodie?!?". Go figure. She enjoyed the slide at the pool at WL, but not enough that I would spend the extra money.

I vote EIGHT DAYS in VALUE...

I like the compromise of moderate for 6-7 nights! However, if I had to choose between the 5/deluxe or 8/value I would go for the 5/deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter