Would you rather spend more nights at a Value or less nights at a deluxe?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Kristentheangel, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Kristentheangel

Kristentheangel OCD Disney nut

Quick question, would you rather spend seven or eight nights at a value or spend five nights in a del?? Travelling with DBF and 3 yr old daughter. Thanks in advance..

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goodferry

goodferry DIS Veteran

That really depends on what you will be doing. We tend to spend more time at the mk, so I would take 5 days at the Poly with the monorail over 8 at a value.

4. christianweecare

christianweecare DIS Veteran

I'd take the value deal!

5. disneyjunkie

disneyjunkie I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

During our trips we spend most of our time in the parks. We use the room as a place to sleep and shower.

I'd rather have a long trip and stay in a value. The money I save on the room can then be used for other things.

I'm thinking of adding parasailing and the dinner shows to our next trip.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

6. disneyjunkie

7. disneyjunkie

8. disneyjunkie

9. disneyjunkie

10. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

Staying in Disney and spending more time with Mickey is better than not spending enough time in Disney and with Mickey. I choose value anytime! :)

11. Mercy

Mercy <font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now

Wow...disneyjunkie feels so strongly about staying at a value, they posted 5 times! :earseek:

Seriously, though I think I would agree, I would rather stay longer in a value.

12. bstnsportsfan

bstnsportsfan Earning My Ears

Last year my girlfriend and I stayed at a Value hotel for 3 night and this year we are staying at AKL for 2 nights. I'd rather stay at a nicer hotel for less nights BUT I also live in S. Fl. Orlando, although a vacation isn't like some people that spend hundreds of $$$ on plane and car rental. If I lived far away from Orlando, I would rather spend less on hotel and stay in sunny florida longer. Hope that makes sense!

13. Jenn Lynn

Jenn Lynn <font color=blue>Eli and Avery's Mama<br><font col

We have a 3 year old also have have chosen the Deluxe (GF) for the monorail.

DH wanted to do ASMo, but I don't think he realizes how much he would hate lugging the stroller on the busses all of the time! I know I would! LOL! :)

14. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

I'd rather wait until I can afford to stay at a deluxe or moderate at the very least, which is what we did. We've been planning this trip technically since 2001 but booked in 2002. Since this is our first trip, we wanted to splurge. Follow up trips may be a different story however. BC here we come!

15. Tigger&Belle

Tigger&Belle <font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><

My computer burped recently and I had a triple post. Funny when it happens, but I'm not sure what triggered mine. I tried to delete mine, but "wasn't allowed to", for some reason.

T&B

16. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

This is exactly our reason for chosing ASMo for our trip; we could stay 5 nights at a moderate or 6 nights at a value for about the same amt of $$, so a value it is. This is assuming we will pay rack rates, but I'd rather have a longer trip. Of course, as another poster said, it depends on where you're coming from. We'll be flying from Ohio, and this will be our only trip for at least 2 years, maybe 3. So....

Steph

17. Kristentheangel

Kristentheangel OCD Disney nut

Thanks for all the input. We won't be bringing a stroller, so I'm not so worried about the transportation but we'll have to see what specials come out for Sept. I havent ever stayed in a Value but, at this point..we're just going to have fun in the parks..not for the resorts.. I'm really thinking WL at this point...and just splurging for the 7 nights... We'll see when the codes come...
    Pixie Dust to yours

18. Pooh67_68

Pooh67_68 <font color=teal>My head looked like a brillo pad<

Longer trip of course. ::yes::

19. goodferry

goodferry DIS Veteran

I would reconsider not bringing a stroller::yes:: Last trip my five year old son rode in a stroller and he NEVER does at home, he refuses, but all the walking is soooo exhausting for a little one:wave2:

20. Jockaroo

Jockaroo <font color=green>Can the Tag Fairy see a photo of

Since we will be staying for 12 nights this trip--VALUE all the way. It is just the two of us and the accomodations are fine. I won't deny that I wish we could get the Swan again this year (for the location and comfy beds), but we have to renew the APs this year. We've stayed at all resort levels and honestly, I don't use the "perks" from the more expensive ones, so they don't matter that much to me.

21. diznee25

diznee25 Proud Doggie Mommy

We'd go the 8 nights at value, if these were our only choices. Because we fly from Colorado, our first day and last day of vacation are eaten because they are "flying days."

This means in your senerio of 5 nights at a Deluxe, that we'd only get 4 park days. Not enough for us!!

But if you offered the "secret choice" of splitting the nights between hotels, then I'd do this instead. Still go out for 8 nights: 5 nights at Value and 3 nights at Deluxe.

Diznee25