Would you pay $55 for an extra 5 hours at Disney?

princessmorgan

DIS Veteran
Man, flights are only $59 on Airtran right now and with that $25 coupon, that would bring it down to $34 each way! With luggage fees though, I would save about $55 each way for our family. The problem is the flight times are not good. On the way there, the flight times are too late, so I decided JetBlue since we had some credit left over. On the way back we're looking at Southwest. They have a flight that leaves at 3:15 p.m. and Airtran leaves at 10:15 a.m. So you would you pay the extra money for 5 extra hours. Granted it is our last day, but we could do a couple hours at the park or do a character breakfast. WWYD?

$55 total I assume and not $55/person? I'd probably do it. However, remember that flight times are changing constantly so who knows what your times will be by the time you fly.

$55 total I assume and not $55/person? I'd probably do it. However, remember that flight times are changing constantly so who knows what your times will be by the time you fly.

Lol. I guess that's true. I've never had a flight change before, so I'm hoping the good luck continues. Yes, it's $55 total.

I'm glad you were able to give away all the Gap coupons:thumbsup2

Thanks...Always glad to help when I can. I used mine on-line this morning and got some great buys for DD.

As to your post, my parents flights have changed twice now for their September trip (being their trip planner, I get all the e-mails). Neither flight has changed that much (they are now getting in a hour earlier and leaving 20 minutes earlier) but I know that a lot of people have had a ton of changes that have really messed up their plans.

Thanks...Always glad to help when I can. I used mine on-line this morning and got some great buys for DD.

As to your post, my parents flights have changed twice now for their September trip (being their trip planner, I get all the e-mails). Neither flight has changed that much (they are now getting in a hour earlier and leaving 20 minutes earlier) but I know that a lot of people have had a ton of changes that have really messed up their plans.

What airline are your parents on?

If it's $55 total, than yes! Especially if you are doing DME. For a 10am flight they'd pick you up at 7:30am. That would be a deal breaker!

My parents are flying Airtran down with the great deal with the coupons, and United back.

My parents are flying Airtran down with the great deal with the coupons, and United back.

I heard Airtran was a big one on changing flights. That's another reason why I'm a little hesitant. I think I'll stick with SW. They let me bring so much luggage and I even get a snack :)

If you decide to book the flight back on SW I wouldn't worry too much about time changes. Never say never of course, but I haven't had them change a flight time on me yet.

Edited to add: just saw the SW snack comment. Don't let that sway your decision. :rotfl:
Although I guess the snack basket isn't bad, if they break it out on your flight.

When I think about how much I would have paid for 5 more hours as we sat and waited for Magical Express on our last trip, $55 sounds like a low number! :)

For what it's worth, if you're thinking of going to the park with your extra free time (I'm apologize if I didn't read your question correctly). At any rate, on our last trip we went to the parks on our departure day which was a first for us. I know many do it, but I found it EXTREMELY depressing, as we had such limited time and it just was sad to me that we were leaving in just a few short hours. That's just my tale and I vowed to probably never do that again! Just my 2 cents!

yes, please, I haven't searched yet, but a $25 dollar coupon could make all the difference for us (fam of 6) as to whether we fly or not. going to search now, will let you know if I find anything.

Quick question regarding the Airtran coupons~ Where to I add the code in on the ressie. And, if I am using more than one code, do I need to make each ressie seperate??? Thanks

For what it's worth, if you're thinking of going to the park with your extra free time (I'm apologize if I didn't read your question correctly). At any rate, on our last trip we went to the parks on our departure day which was a first for us. I know many do it, but I found it EXTREMELY depressing, as we had such limited time and it just was sad to me that we were leaving in just a few short hours. That's just my tale and I vowed to probably never do that again! Just my 2 cents!

We went to MK on our last day, our flight out was not until around 8pm. Beautiful weather the entire week except for the last day. It looked like it would rain at any moment. The rain held off until we were walking across the parking lot to our rental car to leave for the airport. We had to run the last 30 yards or so and just stuffed everything into the van. Made it a little easier to say goodbye as we sat there watching the rain come down.

yes, please, I haven't searched yet, but a $25 dollar coupon could make all the difference for us (fam of 6) as to whether we fly or not. going to search now, will let you know if I find anything.

If you go back to page 10 of the budget board you will see a link for Airtran's $25 coupons!

Quick question regarding the Airtran coupons~ Where to I add the code in on the ressie. And, if I am using more than one code, do I need to make each ressie seperate??? Thanks

For those looking for the coupons:

http://www.airtran.com/sunshine/

You add the code at the very end, I think even after selecting seats. You can add one per person. You don't have to make each res separate, but if you are doing a RT, then you'll have to book each way separately. You keep adding the codes one at a time in the code space. You just have to erase the code you used and enter a new one, then hit apply. Each time on the right where the total is, you'll see a $25 discount add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter