Would you hire a non Disney photographer?

Go to the wedding board, there are all kinds of threads about outside photogs not being allowed in the parks, just the resorts and dtd.

I'm not rich, nor do I live close to WDW, but I would LOVE something like this!! I'd love to pay someone to just follow us around for an hour and take pics of EVERYTHING, in a journalistic style. The memories you'd capture would be amazing!!! I can just see ad-worthy Dumbo pictures!! A child eating a Mickey bar.....oh man! What a great idea!! Best wishes to you!! If you end up doing this, I'll be your very first client!!!

I don't know how Disney could object. As you said, anyone can bring a camera in and take pictures. Its not like they'd come up and tap you on the shoulder, asking if you are getting paid for it! And even if they did, it would be a private arrangement between you and your client. But, I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea the legalities involved. ;)

From a pure legal standpoint Disney is private property. Any property owner may prohibit outside commercial activity on their property, that is a basic fact of law. If Disney will not allow commercial photographers into the Parks (on an assignment) without permission that is their choice. Anyone violating this may be asked to leave, and once warned, subject to arrest for trespassing on a subsequent occurrence.

what did you decide? looking for someone to do photos at the resorts, not in the parks

thanks!

Third: this is NOT is direct competition with a currently offered service. You can't get a photopass photog to follow you around on your schedule. They won't even stay to take an extra shot if they are moving on to another location.

Yes they do (though it's not Photopass). Disney has their own fine art section that does portraits. They will shoot just about anything...weddings, seniors, families, children, etc. Most of the photographers are contracted though they have a handful workin directly for them.

Unless a photographer is contracted or a Disney employee, you can not hire them to shoot in the parks for you. They can get in big trouble with that and any respectable photographer would not risk it. Not to mention, I wouldn't want to be the one tangling with Disney's rules. You can hire any photographer you want at the resorts.

There are professional photographers who go into the parks all the time to take pictures. I don't see why you couldn't do it. :)

There are professional photographers who go into the parks all the time to take pictures. I don't see why you couldn't do it. :)

Because they don't allow it and they have that right. Only at the resorts (I'm surprised they even allow that). A photographer could get sued and/or banned for that and I wouldn't want to tangle with Disney. They tend to take their brandings and copyrights pretty seriously.

Professional photographers who go into the parks are not taking in clients and charging money. You can shoot for personal use.

I think if you stay out of the parks and stick to resorts and DTD you would be fine. You could try in the parks, but if you love Disney, is it worth the risk of a lifetime ban? I've heard the Podcasters say they get questioned if their equipment makes them look like they are running a professional operation, so Disney does notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter