Would you go to Hawaii w/out kids due to 2 free tix?

Just a thought but there are "off" season times to go to Hawaii and it might be worth taking your kids out of school to go at that time. Last time I went we went after Thanksgiving and returned home on Dec. 14th-fairs were cheap-around 450/seat and things were not crowded as people tend to travel at holiday time. We are going again in 3 weeks 10/23-11/1. Airfair was 530. I am taking one of my kids this time, but he has a week long fall break and will miss only two days-but I would take him out anyway (and he is in HS). shop around and be ready for those airfare "sales". I have learned the hard way that you don't always get the cheapest seats 6 months in advance.

We spent our 8 day honeymoon in Kauai and absolutely loved it. I would recommend that, if you are looking at about 6 days in Hawaii, stay on one island and explore it. Then you dont' have to waste any time sitting in the airport to island hop.

We bought lunch food stuff at the local Safeway (wish we had gotten discount card ahead, that would have been great). Our hotel was next to a shopping area that had a few restaurants that were really reasonably priced. With a little bit of scouting ahead of time, you can probably find ways to make the trip more affordable.

On our next trip, we'll probably do Maui, but I'd like to see the Big Island too. And I definitely want to go back to Kauai.

We just went last month to Hawaii without the kids. We went for a wedding and couldn't afford to bring them too.

We had a great time, DH and I, but I spent the whole time wishing I could share it with my kids. Looking back, I would have found the money somewhere to bring them. We got our airline tickets on priceline for about $450 each, when they were about 750 on expedia.

Well, the worldwide trael ticket is"extremely restrictive" according to the AA rep., MUST be used between 9/15/03 and 3/31/04. No blackout dates apply, but no changes may be made either(i.e., illness)we would forfeit the ticket. We will pay taxes on this ticket, but that is all. The other ticket, however is subject to Frequent fkier restrictions, so basically the availability issue, etc.SO, here we are, 1/2 half of the family can get to Hawaii in Feb. when the kids have a mini-break(3 days) and currently I am getting rates of $630 and up p.person depending on days/# of stops etc. I will use the Ent. book for hotel discounts if possible, but that is still apretty big price tag for a trip 4.5 months out. The pressure I am feeling is DD Wash.D.C. trip. I have 'till tomorrow to mail her dep. check of $150, $100 of which we will forfeit plus the cost of her play ticket for Kennedy Center if she does not go and goes to Hawaii instead. It is so hard to pay $750 for 2 3/4 days in D.C. when that same amount would be to cover her airfare to Hawaii. Of course, then we have ALL the other expenses which I am guesstimating at about $2500.00 for 7 days. I know many of you feel that that amount of time is too short, and I tend to agree, but the kids can't miss more school than that. I did find AF for 750 leaving 12/17-12/27...but my family would kill us if we goofed up X-mas this year. We are supposed to drive to Fl. to see my folks. I looked into flying out of there in the middle of that visit, but airfare was nuts. I even looked into the Bahamas, U.S.Virgin Islands, etc., still pretty outrageous for 4, and since we all have a prefference to HI I am REALLY trying to piece that together. I know, such problems..but like I said, these are the first tix DH has earned , EVER...and they are like gold to us. Maybe we should split them up, since his reg. mileage ticket has a longer experation, leave the kids w/my folks over a few days during X-Mas, and sneak away to SOMEWHERE on the ww ticket. The kids would not like that I'm afraid, as life w/my folks is stressful to say the least, and they would not have any friends around to escape to....I am rambling...
oh well, it is fun just to dream...anyone have a gut feeling on any Lotto #'s?;) :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter