Would you go to a Villains Dining experience?

I would love the Dark theme and kids are old enough to enjoy them also!!! I am aware that it could be too much for some familys but put 65 warnings like on Mission Space!:rotfl2: It would be great to dine with a Dark theme and most characters are baffoons anyway!:thumbsup2

We went to the one at 1900 Park Fare. That was back when they had real Villains merchandise at Villains in Vogue, not just NBC or pins or Vinylmation or whatever they have there now. The dinner was fun, we had great interaction with Capt Hook. The QoH was outside for the photo. The food was better back then too, pre-DDP. Sadly it didn't last very long. I heard too many parents complained about their kiddies being frightened, but who knows, it could've been lack of interest. They changed it to a Pooh dinner by June 2001.

Sure the Villains event at DHS was popular, but weren't there reports that many of the attendees were cast members and their families? Passes were accepted, no? It was coming on Halloween. There are many different factors that could've contributed to the popularity of the event. Villain fans are sort of speciality subset, not necessarily as big a group as Fab Five, Princesses or Pooh fans.

Disney will only do it if they can make money. A seasonally occurring Villains character dinner in Sept/Oct would probably be very successful.

Most certainly, would love to sit down with the Villans. They are as much a big part of Disney as the Princess are.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I suppose I would enjoy such a thing - but it's all about the kiddos. Whatever they want. I can't see myself going to any character meal without them.

There are so many families that have older kids though. And teens... omg... something for teens as my 15 yr old is so not into disney. (yes, we did have a DNA test, and yes, he is ours.) :lmao:

And I love the idea of having a Disney Villian hangover party after doing "around the world drinking" in Epcot. That would be priceless!

Although.... I don't know if "WALT" would approve. LOL...

Looks like there is definitely interest here--I think the idea of a Villains weekend sometime in October would be awesome! C'mon Disney--hop to it! Lol!

We would love a villains dinner and my kids are still youngish, as long as the villains sway to the naughty side rather than the scary side. Wouldn't the stepmother and stepsisters at 1900PF be considered villains in a way (or at least the antagonists), and they have great response from the kids. ITTBAB is much scarier than a villain encounter IMO. Some kids are afraid of all the characters... should they all be eliminated? Of course not.

DD was TERRIFIED of Eeyore when we went.... who would have thought it!

I would love a villains dining experience or other special event. The villains are some of my favorite Disney characters and many of them are more campy than scary.

I would so be up for a villains dinner. And as PPs have mentioned, I don't think it would frighten all children -- it's not like all little kids love meeting characters in general. My almost three year old nephew is a huge Captain Hook fan, thanks to Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It was his choice to be Hook for Halloween, and we met him at MNSSHP and when he was out at the LTM Pirates event. As long as the characters acted like the Tremaines, were funny in their evilness and weren't scary frightening, I think the meal would be well received by a variety of ages.

I really think this would target an audience (potential customers) that are very under served at WDW and perhaps Disney in general. Disney has so many great villains they could have a multitude of different experiences. I would love to dine and have Darth Vader, Scar, Captain Hook, etc. come to my table. I think those three examples give a nice broad age group of which you could build sets of villain dining experiences around.

Let's face it...if there is money to be made Disney will make it happen.

Children (families) are the primary draw for all character meals.

Even with the vast size of Walt Disney World and the tens-of-thousands of guests who visit each day, I can easily see them struggling to fill an adult-centric character meal. Niche market + high prices + mediocre buffet cuisine isn't a winning combination.

Children (families) are the primary draw for all character meals.

Even with the vast size of Walt Disney World and the tens-of-thousands of guests who visit each day, I can easily see them struggling to fill an adult-centric character meal. Niche market + high prices + mediocre buffet cuisine isn't a winning combination.

That is quite true and probably the reason they haven't done one. If they could find that magical combination of villains that kids could enjoy that would be the money maker.

we'd do it.. for something different!

I would love to see a pirates/peter pan meal or a pixar meal even more... or even more specific-- Toy Story would be my pick!

I would love to see a pirates/peter pan meal or a pixar meal even more... or even more specific-- Toy Story would be my pick!

Disney experimented with Pixar characters years ago but the costumes proved too bulky for a character meal environment. They couldn't safely navigate the tables, small children and other obstacles in a restaurant.

I'd love to see Disney cash in on Star Wars a little more and experiment with a SW dining experience. I think anything out of the norm would be popular with those of us who have tried most of the other character meals!

I'd love to see Disney cash in on Star Wars a little more and experiment with a SW dining experience. I think anything out of the norm would be popular with those of us who have tried most of the other character meals!

First, congratulations on your 1000th post!

I believe they will once they expand DHS or build a new park or whatever they plan to do with their 4 Billion dollar investment. Star Wars has $$$ written all over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter