Would you go to a Villains Dining experience?

Our family would love a dining experience with more male, face characters (Star Wars, Frozen characters, princes, Lone Ranger, pirates etc).

Let's go bigger!

Actually.... (and I have put a lot of thought into this... ha ha) if they ever open a 5th park to Disneyworld? It should be an "all villain" park with the main focus being "thrill rides/roller coasters" . Take the top 4 disney villians of all time (that could be a whole other thread, lol) ... and make them into some awesome wicked roller coasters. Oh yes! Make another 4 more calmer rides for the whole family. Have 2 different sit down table service restaurants, 3 or 4 different counter service ones. Throw in a kick butt broadway style show, 2 meet and greets, some interactive $50 ticket/per child hour long "how to be an evil villain" party.... throw in at least 3 large souvy/trinket shops... and booya. Success and $$$ and happy Disney lovers that can get their thrills right on property w/out having to go over to Islands of Adventure. I think if it was themed right, it would be such fun and the teens/adults would eat this up. ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

Actually there was a discussion thread on this a while back. The 5th gate was going to be called Dark Kingdom with lands such as Fractured Fantasyland, Cutthroat Cove, Nightmare Hollow, etc. I actually believe that this 5th kingdom would do fabulous - on the scale of Magic Kingdom - only for older kids and could have more thrill/dark rides.

We would LOVE this! We went to the MNSSHP in 2011 and the Villians' performance on the Castle stage was one of our favorites!

I would happily pay for a villains dining experience!

I also love the idea of the 5th park dark kingdom. I am not a huge thrill ride person, but I do adore my villains.

I would happily pay for a villains dining experience!

I also love the idea of the 5th park dark kingdom. I am not a huge thrill ride person, but I do adore my villains.

I agree but I doubt Disney would ever make a park just for the villains.

Does anyone know if Dark Kingdom is still in development? I hope it is.:)

If you're referring to the villains theme park concept, no. Those rumors date back more than a decade and there have been no signs of active development.

The closest WDW came to a 5th park was about 5 years ago when they were working on a "Night Kingdom" concept which was more of a boutique experience which would have leveraged existing infrastructure from Disney's Animal Kingdom. Details were sketchy but it would have been marketed as a boutique experience like Sea World's Discovery Cove. Limited daily capacity with very high prices.

The Wild Africa Trek at DAK--which runs about $200-250 per person, per day--is basically a slimmed-down version of what they had planned for Night Kingdom. Lots of hands-on, unique guided-tour stuff rather than the vanilla theme park attraction experience which accommodates thousands of guests per hour.

The recession scuttled plans for Night Kingdom. But again, they went on to introduce the Wild Africa Trek based upon design work from Night Kingdom.

If you're referring to the villains theme park concept, no. Those rumors date back more than a decade and there have been no signs of active development.

The closest WDW came to a 5th park was about 5 years ago when they were working on a "Night Kingdom" concept which was more of a boutique experience which would have leveraged existing infrastructure from Disney's Animal Kingdom. Details were sketchy but it would have been marketed as a boutique experience like Sea World's Discovery Cove. Limited daily capacity with very high prices.

The Wild Africa Trek at DAK--which runs about $200-250 per person, per day--is basically a slimmed-down version of what they had planned for Night Kingdom. Lots of hands-on, unique guided-tour stuff rather than the vanilla theme park attraction experience which accommodates thousands of guests per hour.

The recession scuttled plans for Night Kingdom. But again, they went on to introduce the Wild Africa Trek based upon design work from Night Kingdom.

Your sources for the none development are?:)

Your sources for the none development are?:)

Common sense.

The projects WDI is working on are pretty well defined. There are major construction projects under way in Hong Kong, Shanghai, WDW (Pandora, DTD), and Paris, among others. The Star Wars enhancements to Hollywood Studios and Disneyland are in design stages but their timeline remains entirely uncertain.

Again, the villains theme park hasn't been close to happening for more than a decade now. We're talking pre-9/11 (2001.) Night Kingdom--a low-cost "boutique" park--was close to happening in 2008 before DIS got cold feet. No chance they're close to spending $3-4 billion on a 5th park. (And if they were, there's a much greater chance it would be Star Wars themed, not villains.)

Op you should work for Disney.

What a great idea!

I love the Cinderella buffet at the GF with the step sisters....it's so much fun....

A Villains dinner would be so cool especially for those of us that have kids who don't want to dine with princesses anymore. :eek:

Now that's a ADR I'd sign up for.

My kids wouldn't like it.
Lots of families at WDW with children. Why have a restaurant that you know right off the bad will not appeal to a large portion of the demographic of visitors?

The Hollywood and Vine Playhouse Dinsey/Disney Jr characters only appeal to those traveling with preschoolers. Our last trip was a party of twelve -- youngest in the group was 8 (and no female children). We did not attend a character meal on this trip because there was nothing to appeal to the demographic of families with older children. Villains, Marvel or Star Wars would have taken our cash....lots of it.

I think it would be huge fun (and probably a lot of other adults would too), but I'm not so sure kids would go for it. I would think it would be kind of tricky to play the sinister and cruel part yet not frighten the little ones. I was curious how the Happily Ever After Dinner worked before I had done it b/c that's kind of the closest with having Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters there. It felt kind of odd because they weren't mean at all ... and there was Cinderella waltzing around right next to them.

But again, I think it would be great fun for adults. I'm always intrigued by the villains, especially Maleficent.

I would love this. I love the villains more than the heroes. I would love to get my picture taken with maleficient. I understand Disney is a happy place but a little evil here or there would go a long way as far as my overall trip experience. Yes please!

I think that would draw away from MNNSHP. What would be cool is if they offered a Villain dinner during MNNSHP

Anything wit the villains would be great. One of the reasons my DW and I go down to the world during MNSSHP is the villains. I would love to dine with them and i know it wont happen but a villains park would be great! I also would love to see them add a year round Star Wars dinning option. I know it is said all the time but we like to take our nephews and in no way is a 10yr old and 7yr old boy wanting to go to the princes dinning...

Yes yes yes! I live Disney and the " Happiest Place on Earth" theme, but personally I love the villains over the fairies and I'm not into princess meet and greet. I love the Fab Four or five originals, but the villains are awesome! I love Disney but without villains where would the stories take us?

The wife and I are heading down for the Tower of Terror 10 Mile weekend and I am so looking forward to seeing all the villains down there that weekend! We have two young boys and they are definitely not into the fairies/princess stuff but love Jack Skellington!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter