• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you go out of the way??

Which hotel, if any, have you enjoyed the food at so much, that even if you weren't staying there, you'd go out of your way to go to that restaurant. What do you recommend there?

As far as food courts, Captain Cooks at the Poly and Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory in Port Orleans French Quarter. :thumbsup2

And then there are the restaurants like Beaches and Cream for burgers at YC, Chef Mickey in the Contemporary, Ohana at the Poly, and Boma in AKL.

I would definitely say that both Jiko: The Cooking Place and Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom. Love both, but Jiko is a little more expensive and I like that Sanaa has more food from India so I like the spices they use more.

Without a doubt, the Grand Floridian.
Citrico's is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney. And I specially love Narcoossee's, V&A, the Grand Floridian Cafe, and I even think Gasparilla is my favorite QS LOL.

I know someone asked what I meant by going out of my way. By that I meant to a resort that is not near a park or to a hotel you would not normally go to because you are not staying there. Some people will go to POFQ just for the begnets. I totally agree about Citricos, Kona, Ohana. My friend LOVES the tye-dye cheesecake and ALWAY goes there for it....we stay in the Epcot resorts so it's always a bit of a process....but we're in Disney so we love any and all of it!

I will often schedule a meal for dinner even if we are not in the area. We generally go back to the resort to shower before dinner so the trek to a resort is not usually an issue.

This trip we are heading to
Yacht Club for the Yachtsman Steakhouse
Poly-'Ohana breakfast and dinner
BW- Flying Fish
Poly- The sushi Bar

We have gone to the CR for California Grill

GF for 1900 PF

We always go out of the way to eat at 1900 Park Fare (GF) for breakfast with Mary Poppins (and the food is good!), Artist Point (WL) for dinner, The Wave (CR) for any meal - everything there is GREAT! and the Turf Club (SSR) for dinner.

We stay off-site but often dine at the Disney hotels. They offer some very good counter-service options that aren't as crazy as eating in the parks and actually have some pretty good food.

One morning during out trip, we usually rent speed boats at Poly and then have lunch at Captain Cook's. The Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs was very good. We love Beaches and Cream. We've been to Boma many times.

We're heading down in a few weeks and plan to try out the food court at Art of Animation. It looks neat.

One warning. One of the worst meals we have ever had anywhere was the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. We would never go anywhere near that place again.

The Grand Floridian! We love 1900 Park Fare! We generally stay at the Poly, so it's really not that far out of the way, though. LOL

We love breakfast at Kona and will head here on MK day. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and Artist Point at WL are our favorite WDW restaurants so we will fit them in on any trip.

The Yachtsman, best steak I have ever eaten in my entire life. My dd loved the chicken on the kids menu, I stole a bite and it was so moist and so full of flavor! Was on the DDP and it was the best meal I had there in the 11 days we were there. I did have some issues finding it and almost was late for my ressie, but that is because I was unfamiliar with the resort.

It seems as though no one is venturing out of the way to SSR or OKW. I've never been to either, but I would have thought that Disney would reward it's DVC members by giving them GREAT restaurants...I guess not?! :confused3

It seems as though no one is venturing out of the way to SSR or OKW. I've never been to either, but I would have thought that Disney would reward it's DVC members by giving them GREAT restaurants...I guess not?! :confused3

WE do! The Turf Club is really an undiscovered gem @ SSR. We go out of our way to have dinner there (I mentioned it in my post, but I didn't do a bullet list - I should have).

As an aside, also, be sure to stop by the SSR gift shop on your way in/out and say hello to Jim & Bonnie. They are a semi-retired couple who work at the SSR gift shop and they are a hoot, especially Jim. :yay: We got to know them when we stayed @ SSR last year. :goodvibes

DH and I were staying at POP a few years ago, and still had 2 ts credits left on our dining due to an unexpected change in plans. So I headed down to the front desk to see if anything was open for that evening. The cast memeber told me she had an opening at several places. Of those she said Maya Grill at CSR was her favorite restaurant, so I decided to to give it a try. I still count that as my absolute favorite evening at Disney, ever.

DH and I arrived a little early, just in case we had bus issues. We took a stroll over to the Dig Site Pool area, then headed back towards the restaurant. We still had a bit of a wait for our table, so the hostess suggested a drink out by the lake (drawing a blank on the bar name).

So we ended up enjoying margaitas while watching the sun set by the lake. Enjoyed a fantastic meal with wonderful service. Since that night we've stayed at CSR every trip, until this year. We've had mostly various beef dishes (we've eated there half a dozen times). My favorite was the sirloin. I remember it was nicely seasoned with a bit of bite but not overly spicy.

We have eaten breakfast at all three monorail resorts and had dinner at the GF and CR. We've eaten breakfast at BC and YC and had dinner at YC as well. We don't let it deter us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter