Would you do a 2nd trip within 2 months of returning?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by rotlex, Jul 7, 2009.

1. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Well, we were in Disneyland in April and I knew we needed to go back:confused: So off to Florida we go in August :lovestruc Technically these are 2 differenct locations. But oh so Disney!:upsidedow

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Luna_Lovegood

Luna_Lovegood Mouseketeer

So funny you posted this. We were there June 10-24, and made a couple of detours to see the shuttle launch. The launch was scrubbed both times, and my husband was sad. :sad1: About a week after we got home, he got a call asking if he still wanted to see the shuttle launch. The more he thought about it, the more he couldn't resist. The kids and I, however, were not excited about another 12 hr trip. We soon realized, though, that hey, we had converted our tickets to annual passes, and yes, we could stay at POR for just over $100 a night (there are 5 of us). So unless there is another scrub, we will be tacking on two or three more days in the parks about two weeks after getting back!:woohoo: This won't be particularly good for our budget, but we did go with the lowest priced hotel option and we aren't planning any table service meals. This trip will be about as budget-minded as we can make it, but it will still be a few more days with the Mouse! :dance3:
    Obviously, I say go for it!

4. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

I've been doing this every year since 2005. I think I am crazy but heck it's fun.

5. bwmetts

bwmetts Mouseketeer

If the funds were there, I would go as often as possible!

6. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

Well, yeah I would. If you look at my signature you can see that this year, we've been quite a few times.

We did 3 nights in March, 4 nights in April, then I did a solo trip for 5 nights at the end of April beginning of May, plus we did 7 nights this June. Plus in Sept. 08 we went for 5 nights and I also went for 4 nights with DD9 in Nov. 08.

The family is now saying no more trips this year but I'd sure like to get one more in before our AP's expire. Since DH says no, I'm guessing that won't happen.

Each time we go, I try to plan one or two things that we haven't done before so we have something new to look forward to.

7. ilandrazdsw

ilandrazdsw DIS Veteran

Without a doubt...if we could afford it! DH and I went back of a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip 4 months after the Chrsitmas fmaily vacation. Would have gone again in January!!!

You ever know what next year will bring, so I say take the opportunity if you can afford it! Each trip is a new adventure, making new memories.

8. HsvTeacher

HsvTeacher DIS Veteran

Absolutely! Been there, done that, and got the Mickey t-shirt...and enjoyed every minute of it!

9. Brer Shay

Brer Shay compulsive Disney planner

We just got back June 19 and I'm kicking around the same possibility, though with a family of 5 our cost is higher. If I could do that rate, I'd absolutely go back!

10. rotlex

rotlex Is it summer yet?

I am insane. I am weak. I am a Disney nut! I booked it!!!!!!! :cool1:

9 days 8 nights at POP Century, dining included, August 24th through September 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to start making those dining rezzies....thanks for the support all! :thumbsup2

11. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

I absolutely would :thumbsup2 and I HAVE! :lmao:

I had a fantastic trip to WDW May 30th - June 5th and returned home to discover my parents had booked a trip for us July 31st to Aug 5th PLUS we are going *AGAIN* Sept 24 - Oct 3rd!

By Oct 3rd I will have spent 3 weeks at WDW over the course of 4 months and will have been at WDW 1 day a month for 6 consecutive months (May/June, July/Aug, Sept/Oct).

You aren't alone and you aren't crazy! :hug:

12. Ty_Ty

Ty_Ty Peter Pan Fan!

Don't worry we just returned less than a month ago and are going in like 2 weeks :lmao:. Of course I am the only one who wants to go back, but our other big vacation didn't work out so that's probably why my DF said yes :lmao:. I like to refer to my insanity as an obsession. This is coming from a tween that's the saddest part.:rotfl:

13. Debbie Jean

Debbie Jean DIS Veteran

Awesome! :cheer2: Welcome to the club... you just drank the kool aid! :lmao:

14. Orangeandwild

Orangeandwild I'd rather be in Epcot

Definitely have, it is fun knowing you are going back again so soon, even if it just for a weekend :thumbsup2

15. C U AT DISNEY

C U AT DISNEY Mouseketeer

I would do a 2nd trip 1 week after I got back.. LOL Go for it.. Have a good time....

James

16. DisneyCP2002

DisneyCP2002 <font color=deeppink>I always am excited when 7 pm

Have yet to do it, but if I ever had the chance to go back to back in one year I would certainly jump at it.

17. laceemouse

laceemouse DIS Veteran

Nope, we wouldn't do it. Traveling is a hassle, stopping the mail, getting off work, getting through the airport mess, etc. I would have a hard time getting excited again so soon, heck I would have a hard time washing all of the clothes and re-packing them so soon. My family would hate it. Nope, it just isn't my idea of fun. I would walk around the parks with a "been there, done that" feeling :(
    Also, I could never board the pets again so soon, I feel so bad leaving them as often as we do now.

18. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

Would I do it???? Hmmmmm let me think :banana::banana: oh yea I sure would!!.
    So far this year I've was in WDW in January, DL in May, WDW in June, going back to WDW in October and then again in December.
    Now this is not my normal schedule, but I really wanted to treat myself for my 55th B-Day in January. In May I used my Developer points from purchasing DVC, for Disneyland, I'd never been and this was a great opportunity. In June I took my adult children and my 14 month old grand daughter for her first ever trip, stayed at my home resort, AKV. I had booked my trip for December (my favorite time to go) when my brother asked me to go along with him and his family in October, staying at the Allstar sport and taking advantage of free dining. He's paying for my room so I could not turn it down. He likes me to be his tour guide.
    Go for it and have a great time

19. emlutz23

emlutz23 Mickey Marathoner

We had trips planned for Jan and May of this year, and then I threw in a trip (sans DH and kids!) in March! I knew I had been to WDW a lot this year when I recognized CM's at Aloha Isle and Peter Pan's Flight! :rotfl:

20. Ty_Ty

Ty_Ty Peter Pan Fan!

Do CM's stay at the same ride(s) like I know some who were at IASW and PPF and they rotated in between both so will they be there next time I go? I was there in June.

21. NMK62303

NMK62303 DIS Veteran

Well -- we're going in late September for a long weekend (Wed night-Sunday afternoon) with my folks, staying at POP. Then we go back in late October, driving a RV down, staying at Fort Wilderness, doing trick or treating, DH's 40th birthday, etc.! We're planning on going to MNSSHP on both trips (already got the October tix for the 27th!;)).
    THEN -- just DH and I will be going back in January for a long weekend and I am running the Goofy Challenge! AND we've contemplated taking the kids over their Spring Break (I know -- crowded time but we'll have AP's, so . . . )

So I say go for it, if you can afford it, you never know what life will bring, and I prefer to make memories! :goodvibes