Would you buy at the GFV?

This thread has been interesting! I feel like we have enough points... :laughing: today... so adding on isn't in the picture right now. BUT, I do love the GF and I'd prefer it to almost anywhere (except the YC my favorite...:lovestruc)

I do find it interesting how many DVCrs are mentioning the Poly in this thread. "I'd add on at the Poly..."

I know price is just speculative at this point, but if the GFV costs more than BLT, could Poly be more if/when they build that? I feel like the Poly would have a greater appeal than the GF, but wouldn't it be weird to sell the Poly for less than the GFV when the GF costs more than the Poly? Or could it cost more? :eek:

:confused3

:happytv:
This thread has been interesting! I feel like we have enough points... :laughing: today... so adding on isn't in the picture right now. BUT, I do love the GF and I'd prefer it to almost anywhere (except the YC my favorite...:lovestruc)

I do find it interesting how many DVCrs are mentioning the Poly in this thread. "I'd add on at the Poly..."

I know price is just speculative at this point, but if the GFV costs more than BLT, could Poly be more if/when they build that? I feel like the Poly would have a greater appeal than the GF, but wouldn't it be weird to sell the Poly for less than the GFV when the GF costs more than the Poly? Or could it cost more? :eek:

Using Allears.net as a reference, Poly is actually about the same price for the expensive rooms. So, considering nearly everybody here has said they are looking forward to/would buy a DVC Poly resort, I'd say building Poly later would be more profitable.

I think they will be close to the same.

I would say the price of purchasing points would be the similar, but the amount of points for a reservation would be slightly higher or similar at GFV

We have been planning to buy more points for awhile now. Our son just bought into BLT. If GFV becomes a reality I would say that we would buy some points there! :thumbsup2

I hope it happens soon because we do want to buy more.

If there really is a GFV coming, would you buy there instead of BLT?

Not "instead" but add on maybe. These resorts and the EPCOT resorts are very expensive for a reason so its nice to see DVC expanding into these areas further.

Probably not. It's not really a resort that has ever interested us, and being on the monorail isn't that big of a draw for us.

We love GF and would probably be interested in buying there, especially if there were some great incentives! We also love Poly. Both would be great add-ons!

DH already knows that GF is the end game for me.:laughing: That would be it. No need to add on after GFV if it becomes a reality.:wizard: The dream of a GFV is what keeps me from adding on more AKV and SSR points and it certainly helped when BLT first came out. That was tough because of the monorail and the excitement around here but we stuck it out so hopefully GFV is really in the works.

Nope. We stayed at the GF once for 3 nights and I just wasn't "Wow'd".

Question--are the GF buildings as nice as the main building? We love the lobby, but wouldn't want to stay at GF unless we were able to stay in the main building for the ambiance in the lobby. Meaning, we wouldn't be interested unless DVC converted some rooms in the main building as DVC villas.

What's the difference between rooms at the main building versus rooms in the neighboring GF buildings?

I do wonder, though, whether they'll finish a walkway between the GF and MK if they build the GFV.

I don't think a walkway is feasible between the GF and the MK. There is a waterway between them where the water pageant boats are kept and this where the Liberty Belle go through to get maintenance. The walkway would need to be very tall to allow the watercrafts to pass under.

What's the difference between rooms at the main building versus rooms in the neighboring GF buildings?
The only difference is location. Of course all the rooms in the main building come with concierge, as only Sugar Loaf offers concierge in the lodge buildings.

I'd love to stay a few nights at a GF villa before deciding if I'd want to own there. I suspect I would not since I grew up around Victorian themed homes and decor in my grandmother's home.... it's pretty, but not me & I keep hearing my mom's voice "don't touch that!" :rotfl:

As for the argument that the monorail would be overwhelmed, I disagree. Disney never makes a move without studying the angles and transportation would not be overlooked. When they built VWL Disney bought and put a new boat into service - the crew referred to the boat as VWL's boat when we discussed it. All Disney would have to do is add one more train to the monorail loop, and currently there's enough time between trains to accommodate this. I'd think the only prohibitive things would be cost and how much room is available at the service house.

I really like the exterior styling and grounds of the GF, but the interior has never done anything for me, so no I won't be buying. Had we not added on at BLT then the whole monorail thing might have appealed. Were the poly to ever get DVC the story might be quite different!

Question--are the GF buildings as nice as the main building? We love the lobby, but wouldn't want to stay at GF unless we were able to stay in the main building for the ambiance in the lobby. Meaning, we wouldn't be interested unless DVC converted some rooms in the main building as DVC villas.

The main building at the Grand Floridian is Concierge Level rooms only. The outside building at the GF hold a majority of the rooms and are your lower category rooms e.g. Garden View and such.

Yes! Depending on the price and points required for a stay, I would definitely like to buy at GFV!

Before I joined DVC, my two favorite resorts were AKL and GF. When DVC opened at AKL, that convinced us to join. So we'd be quite tempted by GFV for sure. We want to add on more points anyway, so doing it there would be a no brainer for us.

Would love to see this happen! We love GF and would definately buy. Love the location, restaurants, and just the overall theme. We stayed there for our 10th anniversary...what a great trip. The place is just amazing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter