Would you buy at the GFV?

No interest in purchasing points, but we would stay there once, just like we have with every other DVC.

I'd love to buy there but I already have a lot of points. I'd like to see if anything can be booked at 7 months. I wanted to buy blt but have found that I can get a room at 7 mos (no Christmas). If there are good incentives I may. But I'd feel bad if poly came along next and I just bought gf. I'd love to stay there

As someone who had no interest in buying BLT ( although we've stayed there and had no problem getting ressies ) I'd be interested in buying at GF. It depends though on where the villas are and the price. I have plenty of points though so I doubt my buying anything there would become a reality.---Kathy

I just hope they builld a quality product and don't cut corners like BLT and build something more like California.

I would prefer Poly (more kid friendly)...not to mention price point for buy-in as well as point stay at a GFV = :scared1:

I already think BLT points per night are crazy...

BTW, I hope they don't build in that area as it would ruin the whole view/feel...

When is enough enough??? I guess they could fill in the lagoon and build some high rise condos:rolleyes1

Sign me up on Day 1 for this one! Before we bought DVC, we usually stayed at the GF, and there's a reason it's considered Disney's premier resort worldwide. Where else is there a 24 hour quick service restaurant like Gasparilla's? What other resort looks so beautiful, with its white clapboards and red roofs? Where in the world is there a lobby to compare with this one, where a wonderful pianist named Christian alternates with a band to provide music all night. Then there's the pool, which is my favorite on Disney property (sorry Stormalong). It's my favorite pool because it is actually deep and because it is surrounded by tall coconut palms! I just don't get that tropical feeling anywhere else on property. The parade of the mousekeepers with their parasols in the morning is a joy. I have never found it to be the least stuffy there. Even now, no trip to the world is complete for us without dinner at either Narcoosee's or Victoria and Albert, or sitting and listening to Christian play for a half hour.

In other words it can't happen soon enough for me!

Pre-DVC, I was a CR fan and not GF. Thus, we remain a BLT fan and not a possible GFV or VGF fan. We'll happily stay at BLT with its stunning views of the MK or Bay Lake and let you all have your GFV points.

This is why DVC is great - so many choices within just WDW itself. Between BWV for Epcot area and BLT for MK area, I think we're set.

I have no interest in staying at BLT, and I don't see myself staying at GFV either.

I highly doubt we would, as the GF isn't one of preferred resorts, but things change so I'd never say never.

I do think the resort would be extremely popular and would sell very well, based on the popularity of the GF as a resort, but I don't see it as a fit for my family right now.

I have always wanted to stay at GF and think it would be wonderful if they added villas! I would also love for the Polynesian to jump on board as well. Unfortunately if either join DVC I have a feeling it may be quite pricey point wise. Lets see what happens!

I fail to understand all the people who fret over the decor of the villas. The decor of BLT isn't necessarily my taste, but I see it for what it is... a hotel room. I am never going to live there. It is not a future retirement spot. My ownership interest at BLT is an investment in my family. I do worry about the suspect quality of some of the materials used because these will eventually equate to increased dues and maintenance costs. But be it modern, african, wilderness, caribbean, Jersey shore or upstate NY at the end of each day at WDW, it's still a hotel room. Granted, it's a better hotel room than you'll find almost anywhere else...

My DW and I purchased at BLT because we loved the location. I was sold on the monorail alone, but standing in the elevator lobby staring out at the castle still gets me giddy. Sure, some of the other DVC resorts offer a bigger pool or a better slide, or the rooms are bigger. But, I enjoy watching the fireworks from TOTWL and the electric water parade. i can break it down anyway, but it still comes down to location for me.

My fondest memories as a child were riding the monorail (in the front of course!) from the Poly to the MK. I know that riding in the front is no longer possible since the accident in 2009 that took the life of a pilot, but prior to that, I was able to take my kids on a ride in the front of the monorail. My DS loves all things train-like, so he is thrilled when we take the monorail. And if the monorail lines are too long, it's a short walk to the gates of the MK.

I was easily able to justify the price I paid per point with location and convenience.

If I could afford it, (which I can't unless I win the lottery) I would buy there in a heartbeat...I've always wanted to stay there, and it's my fiance's dream resort. So unless we hit that lottery, we won't buy there, but we'll gladly use our points to stay there:)

Actually neither of them do anything for me or DH. We are not into the modern art deco theme of BLT. Although we stayed there last year for 2 nights and found it OK. As for GF, to uppity for us. Can't say we'd probably even try it out for a couple nights.

I just hope they builld a quality product and don't cut corners like BLT and build something more like California.

Where did they cut corners at BLT? (haven't stayed there yet).

As much as I like Kidani, I do not like the wood shingle roofing they used. The concept art showed thatch and they cheaped out on that, so that does seem to be a precedent.

Maybe. I LOVE BLT. Hands down love it. However, if they built at the Poly I would definitely add on there. I still might consider adding on at GFV, but would like them to finish a walkway to the MK before I did that.

I don't think I would ever add on anywhere at the current prices being asked. I'll stick with resale and the "lesser" resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter