Would you buy at the GFV?

palaemon

Mouseketeer
If there really is a GFV coming, would you buy there instead of BLT?

Personally, I love the BLT decor, and GF does absolutely nothing for me. (I know that BLT does nothing for many either.)

I guess I'm wondering how many people want monorail/MK access, but don't like BLT, but would jump on GFV if they were offered? (assuming pricing were similar and GFV wasn't outrageous.)

I don't think I have any interest in buying there.
I like BLT for the reason you can walk to MK, and not have to deal with waiting for the monorail. One less line I have to stand in.

I don't think I have any interest in buying there.
I like BLT for the reason you can walk to MK, and not have to deal with waiting for the monorail. One less line I have to stand in.

That's probably the biggest draw, however, what about theming? What if GFV were the same walking distance? Would you choose the GF theming over CR/BLT theming?

I have no interest in buying there. I'm sure the cost will be high and the points even higher. It is a pretty resort, but would pick BLT over it in a heartbeat. Now if it were the poly, that would be another story...:goodvibes
I was actually more excited about the river country idea. I like a more laid back atmosphere, so GF just doesn't fit that.

I much prefer the theming of BLT/CR over GF. So no, I wouldn't buy at GFV.

I do wonder, though, whether they'll finish a walkway between the GF and MK if they build the GFV.

I agree with another poster, and would choose the Poly over GF if that was a DVC choice. Just not excited about GF theming.

If money were no object, which of course it is, I would add on at GFV. I think that it would be a stunning resort. But I love AKV, and it will be hard to beat for us. And BWV and OKW are also favorite places for us. But who knows, I could hit the lottery.

I would love to stay at a GFV and I would love to buy there if I could swing it. The only thing holding it back would be picking up another home resort.

Assuming BLT will be sold out by the time they start selling GFV, it might be the only option if we wanted more DVC points on the monorail.

I certainly would strongly consider it! I really do love the GF lobby and band, as well as the surrounding grounds. I especially love it during the holidays, and I expect the first couple weeks of December would be very, very difficult to book without owning there. That said, it would also depend on the cost (initial buy in/point and MFs) as well as the point structure to stay there because there are many things about BLT I still love too! It is hard to beat some of the great views, not to mention the walk to MK, and all the other easy transportation options there with a direct boat to WL/Fort Wilderness and all the direct resort busses just a short walk away at the MK bus stop. Also, we like to do trips with family and friends, so, if the point structure for GFV rooms is much higher than that at BLT, it would be more difficult for us to get multiple rooms. Lots to think about for me as this unfolds, very exciting concept, and if nothing else, another great reason to keep saving!!!!

I would love to stay there but I wouldn't buy. I expect the points to be very pricey. I'll just try to book at 7 mos. We are staying at BLT this summer with my cheapo VWL points.

The simple answer to your question is YES!!:thumbsup2

I've always said that if they ever did build DVC there that I would buy. I do like the decor and the atmosphere of the resort. I prefer it over BLT although I will be staying at BLT next month and give it another chance to win me over.

An account has been started for saving and I am just debating whether or not to sell my BLT points when/if GFV is announced.

We would add on at GFV. When DH heard about the rumor he told me, let's start saving our money!:lmao:

We want a monorail DVC but DH absolutely hated the decor of BLT. He refused to add on there because he said he would never want to stay there. I thought the decor was ok. We then saw the AKV model on that same day, fell in love with the decor(which is completely opposite of what we usually like) and added on there!

We love the victorian theme and the GF is DH's favorite resort. It also holds a special meaning for us. It was always a dream to get married there, and at the time we couldn't, so we had our dream wedding as our vow renewal there in 2009.

100% chance of an add on at the Poly. The choice would be how many points.. not if I would buy there.

0% chance add on GF (I would buy BLT 1st, and I am not 100% sold on BLT. ) G F is like my gramma's decor. I get victorian .. but not my cup of tea. I don't even think I would stay there at all.

We wouldn't buy. We own at BLT and are completely satisfied. And BLT is way more our style than GF. ;)

My first reaction is... YES!
But I will have to see:
1. Resort amenities
2. Transportation options
3. Price
4. Of course if we like what we see on the first 3 items, still depends if we can sell our BLT for a reasonable price.

I would be very tempted to buy at GFV. I prefer it to BLT but I already have points there so I don't think I can manage an add on at GFV. I can imagine what the price/point will be and the point usage will also be very high.

Yes I would "IF" it was along the quality lines of GCV's. To me, the GCV's are the nicest DVC villas. We currently have 400 BCV points and have traded out to almost all the DVC resorts. Still need to try OKW. I just hope they don't have the same quality issues that we have seen at BLT. Don't get me wrong, I love BLT and I can't wait to stay there again sometime.

No we wouldn't ever buy at the GF. Very much like the hotel and would enjoy staying there, but wouldn't want to own there. As others have said the Poly is a different story though.

We aren't adding on anywhere, we have enough points. We will stay at GFV though. It will be a short walk to Victoria & Albert's.

Wow -- I'm surprised how many DVC members don't love the GF. Now I don't feel like the oddball because I wouldn't add on there either!!

I find the Victorian theme a little stuffy. That being said, it is beautiful at Christmas.

That is what makes DVC so awesome . . . there is something for everyone!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter