Would booking a Travel Agent help me?

Swtonscrappn

Mouseketeer
I have never used a travel agent. I book trips quit often, including several trips to Disneyland. Im fine with booking my own ADRs and my FP+ for my upcoming October trip. Im just wondering if I can get any deals from a TA that I wouldnt be able to find on my own online?

It might be of interest to know that the owner of this very website (DISboards/WDWInfo) is also the CEO of a large travel agency (Dreams Unlimited Travel) that specializes in Disney vacations.

Last edited:
It might be of interest to know that the owner of this very website (DISboards/WDWInfo) is also the CEO of a large travel agency (Dreams Unlimited Travel) that specializes in Disney vacations.

I am aware of Dreams Unlimited. I follow them and have looked at their packages. I would like to know what the benefits of going through such a service would be. I don't know anything about it at all...costs or otherwise.

edited for possible jumping the gun. I apologize.

Last edited:
I think Robo was just suggesting a travel agency you could look into since you were considering one and asked on here so suggested it.

We always use a travel agent. It doesn't cost us anything more then if we booked ourselves, it's all the same and we do our own adrs and fast passes. We like to use a travel agent because we book free dining almost every trip and our travel agent does the leg work for that, some people have to stay on the phone for numerous hours at a time over FD, so our TA handles that. She always handles any hotel changes we need which I'm sure we could also do ourselves but she seems to do it smoothly and I enjoy the lesiure of not having to hassle changes. So I'm not sure of any majore differences, it's more of just convenience for us but with a TA you can't change or add anything with Disney yourself through you package, your TA has to, which some don't like that they can't alter if they want to on their own. I think sometimes some agencies run their own little special perks but I don't know of what they would consist of but if you shop around you might find one of those agencies that offers a little extra perk for booking with them.

I think Robo was just suggesting a travel agency you could look into since you were considering one and asked on here so suggested it.

Fair enough :) I apologize if I was mis-reading it.

This trip has been much more anxiety ridden then any of my previous Disneyland ones. Because of where I live, travel costs are eating up a huge amount of our travel budget...money I would usually put towards our time actually in DL. Also, I feel stuck because I cant buy plane tickets or reserve a hotel space until I know what deals are coming out. Im a planner and like everything to be done and ready for me. If I could put it in a TA hands and just step back, maybe I could just breathe LOL.

Biggest advantage is if you book a trip and then free dining becomes available they spend the time on the phone and not you. It is not uncommon for 2 to 3 hour waits when a promo like that pops up. My wife spent a 3 hour road trip on the phone changing ours and 3 of her clients reservations in 2013 when we went.

Biggest advantage is if you book a trip and then free dining becomes available they spend the time on the phone and not you. It is not uncommon for 2 to 3 hour waits when a promo like that pops up. My wife spent a 3 hour road trip on the phone changing ours and 3 of her clients reservations in 2013 when we went.
What is free dining?

There's a million threads on these forums about Free Dining. Just type it into the search bar.

It's a promotion where you can get the dining plan for free if you book a package (meaning hotel and tickets).
Thanks. I'm new to the boards and haven't been to the World since 2007. A lot of new things I'm out of the loop about.

I'll start out by saying we NEVER use a travel agent. Ever. Disney - World, Land, even the one in Hong Kong... Europe… Thailand… we vacation everywhere and ALWAYS book on our own. However, with our upcoming Disney trip I ended up booking through a travel agency I found on these boards in the Disney Resorts forum (NOT the one the pp mentioned). Anyway, they can book dining and such but I prefer to book that on my own. The reason I booked through a travel agent this time was the savings. They offered a low price that I could NOT get on my own anywhere. They work with Disney in getting I think it's conference rates for certain times of the year. SO. CHEAP. We booked a deluxe for WAY UNDER $200 a night w/ taxes. They also offer major discounts on park tickets when you book with them (10%, free water park day, etc). So, yeah, I guess I was converted because I found it to be VERY worth it.

Generally speaking for Disney, they have a no discounting policy so the price you get when you call, go on- line or use any travel agent will be exactly the same. Access to same sales and tools. You use a travel agent more to make planning easier than to save $. Occasionally, some TAs can give out perks for some vendors based on a group sale or similar. You see this happen more often on a cruise line things like certain TAs giving back a small OBC.

You got a deluxe for under 200? Please PM me this place!

Yes! I think it's against board rules to post about different travel agents, even though PM. However, if you go to his thread (http://www.disboards.com/threads/magical-deal-at-the-poly-for-2015.3340695/) you can figure it out. We chose Yacht Club and I can already tell out of all he deluxes we've stayed at thus far it will be our favorite because of price alone lol!

Another "good deal" outside of a travel agent is Renting points (see rent/trade board). You basically stay in a studio at a deluxe for moderate prices. Some people don't like this option because you're basicslly dealing with strangers and you have to pay in full with no refund. We've done this in the past before and (knock on wood) have always had great experiences.

However, since I discovered the travel agent I think I will go through them from now on since its like booking directly through disney with a deposit only, flexible cancelation, and balance due 45 days prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter