Worst WDW Food Experience

Hoop Dee Doo... something was "off" that night and both my kids had their bodies reject what they ate! My sister and I both felt less than 100% after being there too. All 4 of us were great going in!!

My worst had to be Hollywood and Vine breakfast. I don't know what was going on that day but some of the food was just BLAND. It was still good, but just nothing like what I'm used to at Disney. I'm also not wild about the layout of H&V. When the characters come out some of the tables are so close together that you can't enjoy your food while the characters are at any of the surrounding tables because you're constantly trying to move out of their way. I still like H & V and I'm sure I'll return when I have preschool age children, but if I had to pick one, that would be it!

I had the opposite experiences. Le Cellier and Chefs were both very good both times at each with good service and food quality.

Same here at Chefs! We ate there in 2013 and we really enjoyed it! I was surprised to see it cited so many times in this thread! Maybe we went on a particularly good day?

Worst Food - Without a doubt, Chef Mickey's. Service was poor at best but the food was the worst that I've ever had at WDW. It is now a running joke in my family that if the kids are bad, we will make them eat at Chef Mickey's as punishment. We will NEVER go back.

Worst Service - ABC Commissary / Le Cellier. Waited 20 minutes for part of my food order at ABC and when it came, it was the wrong food. I don't give it credit as the worst service though because it is a QS restaurant and my expectations were not that high. Le Cellier on the other hand was a disgrace. My autistic daughter was not feeling well and when we inquired to the hostess about splitting our 4 person party in half so my wife or I could take her back to the room, they gave us a hard time and told us it was all 4 or nothing. During the protracted discussion, my daughter felt better so we decided to forge on. The waitress we had was new and brought me the wrong pomme de frites (which was only discovered after I finished them and asked her how much lobster was supposed to be in them since I didn't taste ANY) and the steak they brought me was so heavily over salted it was like licking a salt shaker. I scraped it off and the steak was edible, but not great. I heard a neighboring table loudly complaining about the same thing and heard the response from their waitress that the kitchen has been screwing the seasoning up a lot lately and she had been hearing complaints all night. We won't be back to either one any time soon.

We've had a whole lot more bad experiences outside of Disney; even so, there are a few places we would rather not return to.
Rosie's All-American Cafe: burgers were not too appetizing. DHS is sorely lacking in QS options overall, but Pizza Planet and Starring Rolls have worked for us.
Pinocchio Village Haus: standard food service pizza. Much prefer CHH of Pecos Bill's.
Chef Mickey's: been there, done that, better food can be found almost anywhere. In time when we have grandkids to take, we may revisit. Or, more likely we will find another restaurant with the Fab 5 characters.
Kona Cafe: We loved it our first two times. But last time we were underwhelmed. Service was slow and spotty, food was not as good. I would love to try the famed Tongo Toast, so someday we may try it for breakfast, but there are so many other options for dinner.

I'll second Electric Umbrella! That burger might just as well have been grilled cardboard. Ugh.

Oh boy let the Chef Mickeys bashing begin.....I just dont get it cuz I think its one of the best and I get riled up(just a little) when people trash it lol

Chef Mickey's for brunch. We were seated just next to the kitchen, had water falling on our heads from the AC (manager didn't even apologized) and they put the custom cake I had ordered on the table while we were at the buffet (that day was my youngest 3rd birthday). Will never go to that restaurant again.

Our worst meal at WDW was at Big River Grille. Our entrees were burned to a crisp, but the management was so nice about it! We didn't pay for anything. They offered us new food, but we were tired and not that hungry any longer. We accepted a round of beer on the house and left the place feeling happy.

What is the worst experience you have ever had with WDW food or a restaurant?

• Coral Reef - 3" thick black hair on cheese pizza. Waiter couldn't have cared less and did not even offer a replacement. We asked him for another one and he said we needed to ask a manager, which he never got. My kiddos appetite was ruined at that point anyhow.
  • Hollywood and Vine - The entire place reeked of a mildewed dish rag that needed to be thrown in the wash, BADLY. We spent our dinner nauseated and ate very little.
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe - We get the gist of the place and were totally okay with that. We'd been there before and it was fun. We had a server that took it way, way too far. She was ridiculously rude. She would toss napkins on the table and they would land on the floor (almost every time)... she would not give us more but tell us if we want napkins we know where they are. One of us asked for a refill and she said "no, you know where the restroom is if you want a drink" - she didn't bring the refill. When she came back to the table 10 minutes later we asked for the refill again and she rolled her eyes and said, "oh you were serious that you wanted me to do it?". Took her almost another 10 minutes to bring more. Two of us did not want the "all-you-care-to-eat "BBQ"" and she was really pushy about it. Told us that is what people go to WCC for and if we wanted something else that there are other places to eat in Disney. She was not playful at all. There were other things that happened as well. That entire experience was ridiculous and has actually deterred us from ever going back.
  • Electric Umbrella - This place is always crazy dirty inside.

Pizzafari at AK. Seriously bad. Round bread with a little sauce and just about no cheese-doughy. We returned all 3 orders

CRT Breakfast this past January left a lot to be desired. We both ordered the Beef Tenderloin and Egg and it was cold when it arrived and had a peculiar flavor. Neither of us finished the dish.
Hollywood Brown Derby - the food was just "okay", not up to Signature standards in my opinion; it wasn't worth the cost. I ordered the Bell and Evans Chicken Breast.

Our worst meal at WDW was at Big River Grille. Our entrees were burned to a crisp, but the management was so nice about it! We didn't pay for anything. They offered us new food, but we were tired and not that hungry any longer. We accepted a round of beer on the house and left the place feeling happy.
This was our worst, too. I don't post it anymore because it was several years ago, but it was just bad. Beer was good.

We agree with Chef Mickeys.. Will not go back anytime soon. We call it "Not so Fresh Mickeys".

Another would be Flying Fish. We used to eat here every year but stopped many years ago. I was younger and ordered a medium steak and when i got it.. it was rare, ladies and gentlemen it was practically still moo-ing! So we ask the waiter to cook it a little longer, he picks up the steak with his bare hands and insists it looks fine..... GROSS! Im not kidding. We get him to cook it some more and it was now grey in the middle and burned on the outside. Other meals were good, but needless to say we havent been back in years and his tip was minimal.

1900 Park fare dinner is disgusting and on the lines of the golden corral

Wolfgang puck downtown Disney- no!

Kona Cafe breakfast- laughable

Last edited:
BOG Lunch. Never again. We had to wait forever for a table. Even though we pre-ordered it took about 45 minutes for us to be served. My dd's meal was inedible. Her apple juice was so watered down.

Chefs de France was the absolute worse, it was extremely cramped, our server abandoned us, the food (I ordered the short ribs) was cold and bad. Dinner was a hot mess. I don't think I'd go back but maybe it was an off night? Second to Chefs was a Boma dinner.

Pecos Bill before it became a Mexican eatery. The chicken sandwich we had was so bad, we all looked at each other after one bite like...are you tasting what I'm tasting? Bland, flavorless... even the texture wasn't registering as chicken. Awful, awful, awful. I hope it's a lot better now that it's like almost a Chipotle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter