Worst WDW Food Experience

I am sure I will be one of the few that say this but I was less then impressed with via napoli. I thought the food was below average and the service was just ok at best.

Narcoosee's, believe it or not. We had a 9 pm ADR and were seated around 9:10. Prompt service with our drinks and apps, then the entrees took...forever...to...get...out. The lobster was rubbery and lukewarm, as if they'd been sitting forever and they just forgot to bring them to us.

And the server never...came...back...to...check...on...us. It was 11:30 and they hadn't taken our dessert order yet. I sent DW and the kids to catch the monorail back to the TTC before it stopped running, and I sought out a server to order 4 to-go desserts.

Just painful. I'm sure our experience is the exception and not the rule, but it was easily our worst TS experience at WDW.

We had very similar experience with 7 pm adrs. The lobster exactly as described as well as the service.

We had nicer meal at flame tree and having been to California Grill we had high expectations but sadly Narcossees didn't live up to the expectations

The Plaza. The first time we were there it was great. The last time.... let me say that I don't want processed meat on a $15 club. That being said she was very nice and the mayor stopped in for a visit.

Of course I also sent back a Asian chicken sandwich from the Yak and Yeti quick-service restaurant. It too was processed Chicken, and soggy. My advice to myself is: stay away from sandwiches at disney world...unless the Earl of Sandwich is serving me!

Momma Melrose and Tutto Italia they ain't Italian food... Would hands down take Tony's over them as at least it is on par with a chain place.
Nine Dragons while not bad food is way overpriced for what it is I think the outside café is better.
lastly Yak and Yeti their food was good... last time not so much... Ok at best and certainly not worth the price. I am happy (somewhat) to pay the price at Disney should it semi live up to a decent quality meal, I am fine with paying for Boma as the food quality is fair.

Hard to believe no one has mentioned Nine Dragons. I decided to try again a few years ago after not going back for 15 or so and was reminded of why I didn't like it. Appetizer (egg rolls) were absolutely inedible. Main dish was just OK. To their credit, I wasn't charged for the egg rolls. I can get better tasting chinese food at my local take out place for about a third of the price.

Also had one bad experience at O'hana when the server dropped off cold food and disappeared. I flagged down the manager and was immediately brought hot food and comped for just about everything except my drinks. I have had quite a few great experiences there other times.

Worst was at Bongos at DS. Not a true Disney restaurant, but onsite. Service was fast - too fast. When your entree's arrive at the table 3 minutes after ordering and lukewarm that can only mean that they have been sitting on a steam table forever. The food was mediocre at best to downright inedible veggie mush - and overpriced.

Never again.

In the 8 months leading up to our long-overdue return to WDW, I salivated over all the menus at the various restaurants. When the time came to go, we stuck with quick service, but I was still looking forward to the various places I'd researched. The one thing I had wanted to do was go to Wolfgang Puck Express and try the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Well, we didn't get to WPE, but we did stop in The Express at Wolfgang Puck (on the Cirque du Soleil end of DS), and I was excited to see the bacon-wrapped meatloaf sandwich, which I assumed would be delicious.

WRONG! GAG! BLECH! I'm not a picky eater, and I can usually choke down just about anything, but I could NOT eat it. Two bites and I was done. I ate the chips and the chocolate chip cookie.

Nothing we ate during the trip really wowed me. Casey's was my favorite meal. A hot dog is a hot dog, and I love the location.

That's because Sci-Fi is awesome! They have one of my wife's favorite steaks, awesome desserts, and really good ribs and burgers. Oh, and the shakes are wonderful, too. We've always had great service there, and the theming is tough to beat.
Omg I had the best steak I think I've EVER had at sci fi last November. We agree we love it every year.

I have to say Akershus in Norway Epcot. The service was just OK. I could not understand my server with her accent which was a bit embarassing. I was a bit annoyed at the price we paid to treat our 4 year old daughter. The princesses were not very friendly. We did love Snow White and Aurora, but the others especially Ariel looked like they could not be bothered that day. I saw Ariel standing in the middle of the restauant talking casually to a server, characters should never come out of "character" infront of kids. The food was horrible. We ate mostly the fruit from the buffet. They kept us standing in the heat outside waiting for 40 mins even with reservation. Would not go back.

Chef Mickeys close 2nd - food better in a high school cafeteria. Just so sloppy and cheap
The characters were great tho. Just the food was boke.

1900 park fare has been my fave for the past 4 years now in a row. Nothing else has beaten it.
The food is so gross in Akershus, we also found that we ate most of our dinner from that cold bar. I think I made a turkey sandwich out of the turkey and cheese. Most expensive turkey sandwich ever!!

Mickey's Backyard BBQ!!! The food was blah and my mom swears that when we were up getting our Mickey Bar - the entertainer who was doing tricks with a very loud bullwhip - that my DD4 at the time hated - took his boot off while swinging the bullwhip and proceeded to throw a sock into the audience!

When we got back to the table and she was telling us about it the entertainer proceeded to whip the bullwhip and after a very loud bang my DD took off out of the picnic area at hyper speed - she was getting the heck out of dodge! Jumping the small flower bed and all!!

DD who is now 6 always says - mommy don't take me back to that BBQ!!

Needless to say my DH and I laugh hysterically every time we talk about this! And my mom still gags thinking about the sock.

Over the years, I've had some great meals at Ohana, but in July of 2014, we had the worst experience EVER. After we sat down and began our meal, we were informed that the fire pit was not working so all of the meat was being prepared elsewhere. It was straight up DISGUSTING. All of the meat was served on a plate and had no flavor and was doused in sauce to cover the fact that it must've been prepared on a grill-top. It was SUCH a disappointment and had I known in advance, I would've changed the reservation and gone elsewhere.

Additionally, I ordered a Sprite and every time the waitress came around to refill if from the pitcher, she poured water into my glass despite me telling her I had Sprite so I had weirdly flat and watered down Sprite.

Without a doubt dinner at Trails End. GROSS :crazy2:

Close 2nd on my list was Dinner at BOG.

Last edited:
Several years ago DH and I had dinner at Kona and not only did we have poor service, my food was just "off". so much so, I spent the whole next day sick in the room. :rolleyes2 On the up side, we were staying at the Polynesian that year and had a great view, so being stuck inside and not at a park wasn't completely horrible. :laughing:

CORAL REEF!!! I never complain about food or service or wait times....it's all a part of the theme park experience. But I would NEVER be at Coral Reef again because of the trifecta of agony of bad food, really poor service and ridiculous wait times (45 mins past ressie) at Coral Reef. The aquarium is beautiful!

looks like close to every single restaurant in wdw has been covered...just goes to show different tastes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter