Worst vacation ever...

Okay, I am half wondering if this is sarcastic. If it's not I'm sorry you are having a stinky vacation. :(

Okay, I am half wondering if this is sarcastic. If it's not I'm sorry you are having a stinky vacation. :(

Yeah, the bit about the hurricane took me a bit by surprise.

If you were just exxagerating to make a point, you have my sincere sympathies.

How about a quiet, sit around the resort day tomorrow??

sorry your baby got sick and your mom is all skint up. Stuff happens. :confused3 sounds like you need a day to rest & recouperate.

The hurricane bit has me somewhat perplexed (I had to go back and check the date on the post :lmao:)

To the OP - I'm sorry you're having a less than perfect time - you'd think it being Disney that everything would be sunshine and roses lol. I hope the remainder of your trip is better and you can enjoy yourselves.

Add me to the perplexed camp.:confused: :confused:

If it's cold why would they head to the beach?? Do people get sun poisoning when it's cold??

It's President's day week. Many schools are out so it's normal for the parks to be crowded this week.

Add me to the perplexed camp.:confused: :confused:

If it's cold why would they head to the beach?? Do people get sun poisoning when it's cold??

It's President's day week. Many schools are out so it's normal for the parks to be crowded this week.

Ditto the above. I didn't know Florida had hurricanes in February.

If this IS SERIOUS, I am really sorry you are having such a horrible week.

Ditto the above. I didn't know Florida had hurricanes in February.

If this IS SERIOUS, I am really sorry you are having such a horrible week.

I live just outside Orlando, and if there was a hurricane, I missed it (and I lived through 4 in one year, so I know what a hurricane is, lol). We did have heavy rain for a few hours the other day, but then it stopped. As for cold weather? I dunno, it was in the upper 60's, low 70's the other day (and a little cooler at night). Cool enough for me to be in a light jacket, but I saw plenty of guests from out of state saying things like "It is SO GORGEOUS out!" and wearing shorts.

jennifer, I am sorry you are having such a horrible week. I do hope it gets better.

Speaking only for myself, I live in the northeast. talk about a NorEaster in the winter and I'll know exactly what you are taking about. Hurricanes, not so much

I do hope your remaining vacation gets better

Cool enough for me to be in a light jacket, but I saw plenty of guests from out of state saying things like "It is SO GORGEOUS out!" and wearing shorts
i'd be in shorts! The high tomorrow in Ct is in the low 20s

I'm afraid I'm really confused about this post as well. I honestly thought it was a joke, but I guess it's not (?). I think you need to re-group, relax and try to start off tomorrow with a fresh attitude. I am sorry your family has had so much trouble thus far on your vacation. And I do understand how you build your vacation up in your mind to be so perfect, I think lots of us do that. But it's really just like any other day, with it's share of ups and downs. I hope your vacation (and mom and daughter) recover, and that there are many magical memories in the making ahead for you all.:lovestruc

Hmmm...I'm so out of it. How does an ice machine fall on someones arm?

Sorry your vacation is so bad, maybe you all need to just stay around the resort tomorrow? Put up bed rails on the beds, I always do this for my kids because the floors are sooo hard!

I for one will be putting on shorts no matter what when I get there soon!! It's to snowy and yucky in Chicago!

Have you bought some medicine for your sick little one?

hmmmm, maybe we should not put 10 month old babes on the bed ( they tend to roll) or place 4 yr olds in the wake of an oncoming OCEAN! sorry flame away but common sense gets you far in life :rotfl:

Planning ahead by researching what the attractions are like helps out too - I'm glad the OP has found the Dis, as there is lots of great information here about what each attraction is like (scary, bumpy, dark, etc), what to do to keep entertained at the parks when it rains (or even pours), where the first aid stations are located at the parks, and even who to call if someone comes down with the flu...

I am sorry things are going so badly for you. I think there is still time to save your trip! Try to just start over in your head like if you just arrived. Chalk this up to one of those trips that just had a rough start but you made the best of it.

When we went on our first trip(DH and I) we did no planning. It was the end of July and we drove down without a ressie!!:scared1: It was really a bad trip but we made the best of it. I also made sure we would never make the same mistakes again!

OP, I know you said you spent a lot of effort on this trip but I'm sorry but i have to think if this was true you would've never went during President's week if crowds bother you. Once you did realize it was that week you should've had a plan of attack!LOL;)

Here's my advice to save this trip:
Put your 10 month old in a crib or pack n play!(why was she on the bed anyway!?:confused3 )

Let your mom stay in her room and get some much needed relax!

Get yourself to a spa and get a massage!!

Check the weather before you leave your room and plan accordingly.

Get your baby some medicine and take her to the MK! Nothing cures better than Mickey and the castle!(but keep her comfy in a stroller with blankets)

When you get home I would try and find out why your mom is getting hurt so much? Is she unsteady on her feet? There could be something serious going on. From what you describe it seems like a lot of falls and accidents and that would worry me if it was my mom.

To the OP's defense, there was a hurricane that hit Alabama, I just didn't know it affected Orlando with rain, but it's possible!

OP, don't be sorry you posted here. It's OK to vent but now that you did try to salvage the rest of your trip!!! Good luck!

I just moved to Jacksonville and I was calling the HEAVY rains last week a hurricane, too! I know exactly which day you are referring to! It sounds like a case of "when it rains, it pours" (no pun intended) for you. Just try to keep a bright attitude and take it as easy as you can from here on out. I hope your girls get better and your mother takes it easy, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter