Worst Room View Pics Thread

Eww, there sure are some bad views out there! :eek:
I sincerely hope that I will never have the opportunity to post a picture in this thread ...

I'm heading to WL in 30 days and thanks to this thread i'm pretty realistic about my view. I booked standard view and as long as I don't get the one in post #35 i'm okay. If I do get that one I'm going straight to the front desk and begging to be moved.

I've paid in the past for a view and realize I'm just not in the room enough. Or if I am i'm too tired or busy preparing for the next day to enjoy the view. I'm also not a very lucky person so I'm not anticipating any upgrade.

I just scanned this entire thread to make sure there weren't any bad views posted from the Contemporary Resort :rotfl: Has anyone had a bad CR view?

Looking at the CR on Google Maps the way it was built there aren't any really bad views of the dumpster variety. The worst might be a parking lot view at the South Garden Wing or maybe looking out towards the roof of the convention center if you are in a lower floor at the south end of the main building.

Looking at the CR on Google Maps the way it was built there aren't any really bad views of the dumpster variety. The worst might be a parking lot view at the South Garden Wing or maybe looking out towards the roof of the convention center if you are in a lower floor at the south end of the main building.

Hm, you're right! Can't wait to be there in May :cool1:

I was assigned that same WL view when I took a quick trip with just me and the kids. The kicker? I had paid for a courtyard view! I complained and was reassigned, and the CM told me they only sell that room as a courtyard view when they're really booked but it really is standard.

The second room they sent me to was occupied. I've never been back to te WL.

We didn't even have to pay extra for this waterview. I wish I remember what the room number was. Country Building - 3rd floor farthest possible room at the back of the resort - with the free SWAMP view!

January92009-MaliasCamera021-1.jpg

Hey we had that view before. LOL. Lovely, isn't it?

Here is ours!
We had one of the very few "bad" views at the Poly a few years ago.
Tuvalu room 2401 Garden view. Looks directly at the end of Fiji, stairwell, entrances and all. We were staying for a week, so no way was this view going to cut it!!!

Tuvalu24010001.jpg

We checked into the room, looked out the patio doors (note: no Patio, or bacony, just doors!), took a picture, and promptly went down to the front desk to get our room switched! CM gave us a bit of a hard time, because we went into the room first, then asked to be switched (duh!). They eventually gave in when I got a manager involved. They put us in a 3rd floor room overlooking the "boat" lagoon, volcano pool, and Ohanas. That was a great room/view !!! Here is a picture of the "new" room. It was Fiji 3311 Garden view.

Fiji33110001.jpg

We are going to the Poly in August, and this time we are not gambling with the room or view. We reserved Theme park view, concierge. Hawaii here we come !!!

Syndrome

Here is ours!
We had one of the very few "bad" views at the Poly a few years ago.
Tuvalu room 2401 Garden view. Looks directly at the end of Fiji, stairwell, entrances and all. We were staying for a week, so no way was this view going to cut it!!!

Tuvalu24010001.jpg

We are going to the Poly in August, and this time we are not gambling with the room or view. We reserved Theme park view, concierge. Hawaii here we come !!!

Syndrome

I would have to agree about the Tuvalu garden view being the worst on property. We stayed in Tuvalu but with TPV and it was amazing, but every time we walked into the building, I felt bad for anyone who had a garden view. Very congested with overgrown branches everywhere...:sad2: Glad you got an "upgrade" to Fiji....definitely the best garden view on property IMO! :thumbsup2

OK, here is our "Water View" at POR, in Magnolia Terrace, Room 8920:

8920.jpg

I can understand that at one point that WAS a water view, big beautiful trees completely blocking it now.

Luckily, it didn't compare with our neighbor on the left, this was their view:

8922.jpg

I know this is the WDW message board, but one time at DL in the GCH we were in a theme park view, and there were so many trees blocking our view we couldn't see any of the park.. its not like the park is something so small to see. I do not remember the room number, but it would be in the corner where the two theme park wings meet.

Terrible experience switching rooms. It wasn't a problem to get out of it, but there were not any other rooms available. Then when we get the text that a room is ready, it wasn't cleaned. No managers would come talk to us... the front desk CMs kept going to a back room, like at a car dealership. Since our time was wasted all afternoon, there solution to fixing it was two fastpasses to any ride (besides Toy Story Mania). Get another text that the room was ready, still not cleaned. I keep calling about every 20 minutes, and keep hearing that someone is on their way. At 6pm I talk to a CM, who says that housekeeping has left for the day. I was so mad I hung up the phone. Immediately call back, and talk to CM Jason, who sends a housekeeper and their manager, and calls back in a few minutes to tell us they are on their way, and calls back again to make sure they arrived. We went to eat downstairs, and when we came back in an hour they were still cleaning the room.

luckily i havent had a bad view but am staying at the poly again in july and hope i get a good view even tho there isnt a bad view at the poly i just want a good view

I'm heading to WL in 30 days and thanks to this thread i'm pretty realistic about my view. I booked standard view and as long as I don't get the one in post #35 i'm okay. If I do get that one I'm going straight to the front desk and begging to be moved.

I've paid in the past for a view and realize I'm just not in the room enough. Or if I am i'm too tired or busy preparing for the next day to enjoy the view. I'm also not a very lucky person so I'm not anticipating any upgrade.

Well we are back! I did not get that room but darn close. We were in 4091. The upside is, it was ready for early check in and right outside our room was a door to a large balcony where the kids went to practice with their lightsabers! The room view was pretty bad, we had an enclosed balcony. I had requested 2x my TA ask for a high floor northside but I don't think she bothered.

I'll be writting a trip report and posting pics. I can honestly say we didn't care at all about the bad view. We loved the resort overall. The room was small and not at all what I consider deluxe but the property was amazing. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

For those of you wondering about the standard view, if it really matters don't risk it. There are some bad views on the 4th floor. But if you want to save money and still be in a deluxe resort seriously consider how little time you'll spend in the room. Sure having coffee on the balcony is nice but do you really do that? I was sure the answer would have been yes but once in Disney I had so many other things I wanted to do and see that never crossed my mind.

OK, here is our "Water View" at POR, in Magnolia Terrace, Room 8920:

8920.jpg

I can understand that at one point that WAS a water view, big beautiful trees completely blocking it now.

...we had the same room or extremely close to... the only upside is that we paid for a standard/2 full size beds...and got upgraded to the "waterview" kingsize bed. i dont think i would ahve been too happy if i had actually paid for it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter