Worst Room View Pics Thread

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by MommyBuzz909, Jan 3, 2008.

1. MommyBuzz909

MommyBuzz909 Disneyland Doll

I've seen a lot of comments on how bad their room views were - so I thought maybe we could start a thread and how horrible those views really are!! Let's see those pics posted!! So show your stuff!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. cara loves the poly

cara loves the poly DIS Veteran

What a fun idea! I've only had wonderful views! I can't help here! LOL!

4. floyd45

floyd45 Mouseketeer

Sounds fun.............Bump

5. Mayl

Mayl DIS Veteran

I walked in on my MIL in the bathroom when we shared a FW Cabin a few years ago..

That wins for worse room view, I think!

6. distherapy

distherapy DIS Veteran

Okay, Mayl - that just made me choke on a cough drop!

7. lajones81

lajones81 <font color=royalblue>DISneyLVR<br><font color=mag

8. MommyBuzz909

I'm still waiting to see pics of these horrible views!!!!!

9. stellablue

stellablue DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

10. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

I paid extra to have a POOL view, because I did not want to chance the standard view. Our previous trip was Savanna and it was not on the budget for this trip. I expected more than this. Our view was of roof, roof apparatus (to left), and on most days towels over railings across from us. We could see a few spots of water through the leaves of a big tree next to the balcony if we leaned out and right. It was alittle noisy too, so we never used the balcony. Total waste of "view" money. All I know is I will never pay extra for pool view again at AKL. So this is my worst view in relation to the amount of money paid specific to the view.

[​IMG]

11. Crazy Kanga

Crazy Kanga DIS Veteran

Hopper, I would have complained about that. If you have to risk bodily harm to actually see the pool, then I wouldn't call that a pool view. I have even heard some people say that they got similar views at standard rate. Just an FYI for those who might get this view, ask to be moved or charged standard rate.

12. MommyBuzz909

That is most def the worst view of a pool I have ever seen

13. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM <font color=darkblue>I really had to bite my tongu

We have been really lucky as far as room views go. We've had the good luck to be upgraded more than once.

However, the view from the corner of our porch at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins was of an upturned tree :confused3 It wasn't too bad and it was a good location so everything was cool with us ;) I'm not too hard to please, DH on the other hand...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

14. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

My worst room was in 2002 at the Poly.

I requested Rapi Nui to be close to the TTC since we like to got to Epcot.

We walked in our room after our day on the plane (OK we came from CT so it's not a full day but with a 15 mo old it is a day).

There was no crib or fridge like I requested so I was about to call but remembered that I had to pee.

I walked in the bathroom & walked out.

Mousekeeping didn't even touch the bathroom. There was still pee in the toilet which is totally gross that the previous person didn't even have the decency to flush & there were dirty towels on the floor & all over the bathroom sink.

So we called & the immediately moved us to the Tahiti building.

I think the fridges were $10/day then but we got it for free that whole trip so that made up for the pee that I had to see.

15. simonkodousek

simonkodousek 438 Miles From My Happy Place

Hopper, that constitutes the absolute worst view I have seen! I would have complained! :thumbsup2

16. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM <font color=darkblue>I really had to bite my tongu

That sounds like a terrible room, but this thread was about the worst room view.

17. DisneyWorldWisher

DisneyWorldWisher DIS Veteran

That's not a bad view. :confused3

Except, you paid for a pool view, and I don't see ANY pool in that picture :eek:

They should have refunded you. :upsidedow

18. cdrn1

cdrn1 <font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have

I paid for a pool view room at AKL once, too. We were on ground floor behind a thick wall of bushes (with cig butts, gum wrappers etc underneath). The noise was awful...we could HEAR the pool noise and Mara's outdoor seating area, but no way could we SEE the pool. When I called to request a change, I was told that we had paid for pool ACCESS, not an actual VIEW of the pool...it took a while to convince the CM that we were not getting what we had reserved and she finally grudgingly moved us.

19. disneydance

disneydance DIS Veteran

Hopperfan that looks like a horrible view we stayed at AKL in a Savvannah view room and got lucky and had a Savvannah view room sorry to see the bad view to all of you

20. marivaid

marivaid My mother is a Pluto molester.

Darn... I wish I'd taken a pic of our "rain gutter/wall thingy view" at AKL last October.

21. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

I definitely would have gotten my money back for that one.