Worst Room View Pics Thread

I have never cared about that. We do not spend enough time in the rooms to care. Our time is spent enjoying the parks. We are in the rooms to sleep. We have had water front rooms.....a waste of money for our family.

Can't wait for our next trip!!!! Sept. 11-18.:banana:

Im loving the thread, such a great idea, to share and watch out for each other and our views!:goodvibes

I think that this thread is pretty great because... there really aren't that many bad pics... Soooooo many people post and yet there are only a few pics... Sorry if you were one of the few, but proud to love Disney, because so many must be good views!

I agree, I'm a previous poster (Dolphin dumpster view) and I've really only had that one bad view. Heading back to The Dolphin next week, hoping for the best but not expecting much. The hotel is sold out for a CRM conference so no chance of a Starwood upgrade. Bummer!

Yes I know we were at a value (POP), but I thought I could qualify with this. We really didn't care because we are park commando's and spend very little time in the room. ;)

Taken from my TR:::::

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33942569&postcount=55

We found our room 6348. It was a third floor room in the 70's section facing the lake right across from the ice-machine and next to the elevators. I had requested a 60's 4th floor room facing Epcot. Oh well, we didn't get what I wanted but honestly I didn't care. I was just happy to be at POP! Here is our great view from the door of our room. Maybe I can enter this into the worst room view thread?

DSC06039.jpg

Thanks for that POP pic! Every time we see those rooms at POP we always comment on the poor guests who get stuck with that view. I'd have to ask to be moved. Why and earth doesn't the resort trim those trees..and what were they thinking when the trees were planted??

The worst view we ever had was our first stay at the Polynesian in 1982 - a 1st floor with bushes covering the entire patio - it was creepy.

We stayed at POP in December. Didn't have much of a view other than bushes, but it didn't really matter since there was no balcony. We usually kept the sheers over the window just for some privacy, but honestly we were not there enough during the day to worry about a view. And despite being a Value resort, we really enjoyed it and had no huge complaints.

We are returning (without kids or grandkids) to WDW for our first visit to POR in April, and we'll see how it goes there.:)

Thanks for that POP pic! Every time we see those rooms at POP we always comment on the poor guests who get stuck with that view. I'd have to ask to be moved. Why and earth doesn't the resort trim those trees..and what were they thinking when the trees were planted??

The worst view we ever had was our first stay at the Polynesian in 1982 - a 1st floor with bushes covering the entire patio - it was creepy.

It is a little weird that they let those trees grow right next to the walkways. It does obscure the view. :confused3

Bushes on the patio?? That does sound creepy! :scared1:

We stayed at POP in December. Didn't have much of a view other than bushes, but it didn't really matter since there was no balcony. We usually kept the sheers over the window just for some privacy, but honestly we were not there enough during the day to worry about a view. And despite being a Value resort, we really enjoyed it and had no huge complaints.

We are returning (without kids or grandkids) to WDW for our first visit to POR in April, and we'll see how it goes there.:)

We actually enjoyed POP. We really were only in our room to sleep so the view didn't bother us.

I hope you have a great time at POR. We stayed at CSR last March and loved the resort! :goodvibes

Seeing how Disney usually is so strict about hiding backstage areas it's surprising how they have such views at some of their resorts. Especially the loading dock at WL.

Maybe they should add a new view category, "Backstage View" and charge even more. Hey, it works for the backstage tour, were you get to see some pretty rundown areas as well, but there you are not allowed to take pictures... :-)

I have never cared about that. We do not spend enough time in the rooms to care. Our time is spent enjoying the parks. We are in the rooms to sleep. We have had water front rooms.....a waste of money for our family.

Agreed -- we are the same way and the view doesn't matter to me. It's funny though to hear some of these stories and see the picts! popcorn::

Bump. This was becoming one of my favorite threads. I still get a kick out of Post #35. Has anyone gotten anything that tops these recently?

I agree! Post #35 is the view that got me hooked on this thread. Too funny! I told my kids about that view. Watch, now next time we stay at WL, ... ugh! I don't even want to think about it. But yeah post #35 is the winner hands down.

I agree post #35 is pretty bad. Heck, it's terrible!!!

But that view overlooking the maintenance vehicles on the backside of the Swan/Dolphin is even worse!:scared1:

Our bad view at AKL:

DSC01630.jpg

We were looking forward to staying at AKL, so this was disappointing. Hope next time is better!

That's the view we had, but lower down and looking directly at those metal doors (without the drawings on them yet) that I was talking about earlier when I asked to be moved.

I agree post #35 is pretty bad. Heck, it's terrible!!!

But that view overlooking the maintenance vehicles on the backside of the Swan/Dolphin is even worse!:scared1:

Yes, you're right, the Swan/Dolphin view is a bad one. I guess the thing about the #35 Wilderness Lodge view that really stands out, is, that while all the other views are just plain horrid views, #35 has a Twilight Zone Outer Limits Vertigo quality about it that no one ever knew existed until it was brought out in this thread. And for that reason, I think it is the most unique worst view in a Disney World resort. Yep, it's a doozy. :eek:

I'm the OP that had the dumpster area/loading docks view behind the Dolphin. DH checked into the Dolphin today for a conference, and since the hotel is sold out I wasn't expecting any view or upgrade, but held my breath when he called this afternoon. I said "what do you see when you look out the window?" He said "I'm on the balcony now & see that ball over in Epcot. The guy at the front desk gave me a Starwood Gold upgrade to fireworks view." YESSSSSSSSS!!!! Epcot Fireworks View with a Balcony! Sweet! :cool1:

Yes, you're right, the Swan/Dolphin view is a bad one. I guess the thing about the #35 Wilderness Lodge view that really stands out, is, that while all the other views are just plain horrid views, #35 has a Twilight Zone Outer Limits Vertigo quality about it that no one ever knew existed until it was brought out in this thread. And for that reason, I think it is the most unique worst view in a Disney World resort. Yep, it's a doozy. :eek:

Hmmmm....I see what you are saying. Totally agree with you there!

I'm the OP that had the dumpster area/loading docks view behind the Dolphin. DH checked into the Dolphin today for a conference, and since the hotel is sold out I wasn't expecting any view or upgrade, but held my breath when he called this afternoon. I said "what do you see when you look out the window?" He said "I'm on the balcony now & see that ball over in Epcot. The guy at the front desk gave me a Starwood Gold upgrade to fireworks view." YESSSSSSSSS!!!! Epcot Fireworks View with a Balcony! Sweet! :cool1:

I'd say they owe you guys a lifetime of upgrades for that view - LOL!:rotfl:

I am sure your DH was feeling much better with the view he scored on this trip!;)

These are great! My DH likes the shades closed if there is a chance someone can see in--drives me crazy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter