Worst punishment when you were a kid

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
for me it wasnt the spanking but when my dad would be so mad at me, he would keep bringing his arm back and come at me like he is gonna slap me with all he had, The stop right before he hit me and yell " I ought to bust you". :rolleyes1, he was a great dad just a different era

Spanking. I'm 55 and it was the norm. My mom who is 78 talks about being more upset about her dad being disappointed in her and how she'd rather have received a spanking. Our boys are 29 and 31 and we used a bit of both corporal and time-out. By the time they were about 6, I never had to do anything but timeout or take a privalege away. And by spanking my boys, I mean a swift smack on the butt usually because they were doing something dangerous. My parents on the other hand, believed in inflicting some pain, although they will now deny the pain part. It's very generational and from what you posted, your dad reacted in anger which is not a good discipline method.

I know I shouldn't be light-hearted about this but I actually consider having gotten the (very occasional) spanking to be "good memories". :goodvibes I was kind of a brat and my parents were pretty lenient. My mild, patient DDad had to really have been driven ape$&%@ to go that far and seeing him lose it was (from an objective point of view) actually pretty funny. ;)

The worst was the time I wouldn't stop saying "poopy." (Terrible, I know.):rolleyes:
My mom had me bite down on a bar of soap. I, however, bit down and then pulled back. I had a huge glob of ivory soap behind my top teeth. :crazy2:

we were never hit as kids, we had stuff taken away. I remember having my bike taken away because I did not come home when I was told too.

Worst was being grounded. Hated missing out on time with my friends. The occasional spanking was quickly in the past but not being able to go outside to play or when I got older missing out on a party or movie were, to me, the worst.

It's so different now DD12 would be OK with staying in, it's taking away the phone or iPad that hit her hardest.

Being told you had to stay inside. I'd rather get spanked with a belt and then go outside rather than being grounded and forced to stay inside.

I slammed my bedroom door in my mother's face once and that was that for the bedroom door for several months. She removed the door and I had absolutely NO privacy and no way to keep my younger sisters out. End of the world for a teenage girl.

I used to wish my parents WOULD spank me instead of what they did do. I got "talked to", and they would tag team it. An infraction could result in a two hour, three hour, or even longer harangue that didn't leave me particularly remorseful, but did give me the ability to look like I was paying attention while I was a million miles away in my head. I'll admit, that's been useful. The worst part was when I thought they'd finally run out of things to say. After 15-20 minutes of silence, I'd start to slip away and my Mom would snap at me, and it would all start over again. I really envied the kids who got a quick shouting, a couple of swats, and were expected to mend their ways.

Last edited:
I picked flowers from a neighbors yard -- thought I was being nice to mom. Instead she made me ring the neighbors doorbell and apologize. I was horrified.

I found my mom's hiding place for my Christmas gifts one year- I opened them all, saw what I got, then closed them up again. I'm sure I did a sloppy job, and when she went to put the presents under the tree, she discovered what I had done. She only put out one or 2 of the gifts- the ones she had made and couldn't return to a store.

On Christmas morning, I opened the very few gifts I had and looked around for the rest. Mom then informed me that I wouldn't be getting anything else since I snooped. She returned the rest of the gifts in the next few days. That was a really sad Christmas for me, but I never tried to peek again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter