• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

worst food you ever had @ WDW?

Liberty Inn at Epcot. We went there 4 years ago. Never been back since. I'm sure it was a once off, but the food we ordered from there left a nasty memory in our minds as well as a bad taste in our mouths, literally. After queueing for an hour we were so hungry I thought we really could eat anything - but I was wrong. It was consumed by the nearest trash can!

I have to add that this was the ONLY time we have ever had really awful food at WDW. We have ordered things and they have not been to our liking, but that it different.

Akershus at dinner. We were crammed in the entrance waiting for our table, one of the most unorganized places we've ever eaten in. Salad bar was gross, and the main meal wasn't much better. Our server was very slow in bringing out the drinks and dessert. Out of all of the TS restaurants we've eaten at that had to be the worst.

I have always liked or loved the food I eat while at WDW. Even places that others have written about here as being their worst meals have been some of my favorite places to eat. I guess this goes to prove that every resteraunt has bad days and everyone has diffrent tastes in food. What one person might love another person might hate.

That being said there is no excuse for over cooked, old, spoiled, or microwaved food at the parks. I had one such meal at the Food Court at POFQ. I ordered the chicken quasidia. I could only take a couple of bites before I threw it away. There was something off about the chicken, it tasted like old chicken that had been nuked in the microwave.:crazy2:

Last year I took my DS to Coral Reef and we both loved our meal. The table next to us was a diffrent story. Her Chicken was undercooked and she had to sit there and watch her husband eat his food while she waited for her's to return. It returned just as he as done eating. I don't know about you, but I would have been a unhappy camper if that happened to me.

Our only bad meal at Disney was Chef Mickey's breakfast. The bacon and sausage was gross, and they had way too many versions of hash. DH and DD both ate cereal, and I left hungry, which never happens. I'll add that I went in expecting standard buffet food - nothing fancy, but plenty of edible options. It didn't come close to meeting that expectation.

The only thing I ate that I did not like was the grilled shrimp at Ohanas. Tasted less than fresh.

And no, I did not complain. The food lines were very long and the kids seemed happy with their food, so I just skipped lunch that day. It did justify having a Napoleon pastry at the French Bakery a couple of hours later. :thumbsup2

I am always willing to sacrifice a meal for dessert;)

The Counter Service place in Morocco! YUCK! We threw most of it away.
Didn't like the flavors AT ALL! :crazy2:
But I think that's just a personal taste preference thing, for WORST FOOD in general, for me it would be Toy Story Pizza Planet. This has got to be the WORST pizza I've ever had in my life! :eek:

Everything we had for lunch at San Angel and the skillet at Whispering canyon.
There is a flavour that I strongly disliked that permeates everything on the skillet. If you don't like the flavour (Liquid Smoke I think?) you won't like any of it. Couple that with the milkshake I tried to wash it down with and I felt seriously ill. Others love it, but I have no desire to give that another try.
I would try San Angel again though if I heard things were improving. This was a few years ago when the reviews were overwhelmingly negative. I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I regretted it.

I don't care for these eitherpirate:
Those turkey legs make me gag!!!

1900 Park Fare, particularly the coq au vin (which is probably too ambitious for a buffet to begin with).

I tend to avoid most burgers and pizza at WDW.
Yes! The coq au vin was quite nasty! I remember that dish very well. The food at 1900 was so disappointing. Never again.

The Counter Service place in Morocco! YUCK! We threw most of it away.
Didn't like the flavors AT ALL! :crazy2:
But I think that's just a personal taste preference thing, for WORST FOOD in general, for me it would be Toy Story Pizza Planet. This has got to be the WORST pizza I've ever had in my life! :eek:
Oh i agree. Toy Story Pizza Planet was horrendous. Tony's is still the worst by far thou. Lol

For me it was one of those strangely sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzels.

mmm...these are one of our faves!

By far the worst meal we have ever had was Mama Melrose! I can't even complain that the portions were TINY because I would not have eaten it anyway!

Did not like The Wave at all either however that could just be a personal preference...but yuck!

We did NOT like The Wave, either. My pasta dish was horrible...undercooked noodles, chef boyardee sauce. The shrimp tasted..old. The Clams were good, though!

:) (because I can smile about it now) Mine was the fish and chips at Rose & Crown--so glad we won that war...:laughing: DH still jokingly asks me if I want fish & chips EACH AND EVERY time we walk by. However, the little boy from England sitting next to us loved it and moose licked his plate. His Mum said it was the first meal he had eaten more than 2 bites of in 2 weeks since being in the USA. If I ever have to eat there again--I'll just bring my own Ms. Paul's and borrow the microwave. Other than the food it was very pleasant.

DH would say it was all the diffrent spices that came with the Naan bread at Sanaa--just way too much taste for us.

The Naan bread appetizer is our FAVE! Garlic pickles, Chile sambal, lime pickle. YUMO!

Worst - ABC Commissary, Electric Umbrella, Chefs de France, Fulton's, and Pepper Market..

For my family it would be a tossup between CM's and HW&V. Both were awful and just filthy nasty places. We are done with both after giving each restaurant several tries and it never got better just worse if that is possible.

The only bad food I've ever had in WDW was the scrambled eggs at basically every restaurant we tried them at. I am a big scrambled eggs fan but the ones at Whispering Canyons and most CS places were clearly powdered or fake eggs-just nasty! The only place that seemed to have real eggs was the Pop Century food court-those eggs tasted good and fresh.

These mini-reviews would be a lot more constructive, and might even help some people make food choices, if instead of a blanket, meaningless euphemism like "gross" or "nasty," people would say what the actual characteristic about the food was that they didn't like.

For example - in what way was the meat "gross?" Was it too dry? Undercooked? Overcooked? Too fatty? Too lean? Overseasoned? Underseasoned? Freezer-burned? Spoiled? Full of wood chips? What does "gross" even mean when it comes to meat?

Burgers just about anywhere counter service. I've been going to Disney reguarly since 1988 or so and find the quality has gone down hill. I know everyone blames the dining plan, but some things you just can't blame on that.

From the Brown Derby -it was the Grilled Loch Duart Salmon, a blue cheese polenta cake, and autumn vegetables sauteed with tapenade and a calamata beurre blanc [acccording to the All Ears menus]

It left a taste like I'd thrown up in my mouth....

We ate at Wolfgang Puck express. I did some research online before we went because I wanted to see if they had stuff we liked. My husband picked out the spaghetti so we decided to go there.

I ordered a chicken quesadilla and my husband got the spaghetti.

He did not like it. I tasted it and I thought it was ok. Mine was fantastic!! I just looked at the menu and I didn't see what I had listed on it anymore.

For me, it's kind of hard to say that something I had eaten at Disney was gross....I haven't ever had anything that was nasty or that I couldn't eat.

I just know that if I went to WPE I wouldn't order the spaghetti. I am sure that many of you on here love so I hope I'm not upsetting you :thumbsup2

Just getting ready to make ADRs. Was excited to book WCC since we are staying at VWL. Now I'm thinking twice about that... Lots of you don't like it! Wonder if Mickey's Backyard BBQ would be a better choice? Any thoughts? Anyway, after all my trips (30+) worst meal?? DCL - Wonder. All of them were gross. Never been more happy to eat at WDW food court after getting off that boat!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter