WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Honestly? Tony's doesn't have restrooms? So you had to use the ones across the street next to Le Chapeau? Hard to believe, but what do I know?

Worst food- Wolfgang Puck Express. nothing horrible, just not that good.
Worst service- CRT

Tutto Italia. Below is what I posted on the Food Pics thread.

Both my husband and I were really looking forward to eating here for the first time. We finally went in Nov 2014. I had the Polenta Valsugana. This was hands down the most disgusting meal I have ever had at Disney World. Potentially it was the worst of any restaurant in my life. DH said the same for his steak. He could not even put into words what a bad cut of steak it was. Lesson learned. We will never be back!

Bistecca del Macellaio

Polenta Valsugana

This had to be the worst we have ever had with dining.

Chef Mickey's breakfast was disgusting and the waitress couldn't have tried to get us out fast enough. In and out after being seated in 35minutes. This was with a 7yr old and twin 2yr olds.

Hollywood and Vine Breakfast aside from the food and closed line we had maybe 4 other families on our side of the restaurant. I had to ask for a refill and the check as several staff were standing around talking.

Scify diner only food I've ever eaten where my wife and I were physically ill.

Coral Reef diner We asked for something close to the tanks for the kids. After waiting 35 minutes we were put in a booth in the corner in the third row. Server was nice and food was ok but if we are waiting longer for a specific table then we should get it.

My fiance and I webt to Portobello after getting engaged and we both almost fell asleep from the boring decor and lackluster service. I will only go there for drinks now

Nothing against any of the comments, but how could food be that bad? As bad as some have said their food was, I have never had food that bad anywhere.

Nothing against any of the comments, but how could food be that bad?
Tom, if people had a bad experience, they had a bad experience. I'm not sure why you keep posting trying to downplay that. It's great that you've never been disappointed at a Disney restaurant. I hope your good luck continues. But the reality, clearly demonstrated in this thread, is that Disney doesn't always deliver for its guests. If you think Disney can do no wrong, perhaps a thread about worst experiences shouldn't be on your reading list.

Worst service- San Angel and 1 time at Ohana (we've had outstanding service there as well)
Worst food-Tony's (except dessert)

Nothing against any of the comments, but how could food be that bad? As bad as some have said their food was, I have never had food that bad anywhere.

Under seasoned, over seasoned, cold, burnt...many reasons. At Ohana. I found the flavor on most of the meats not to my liking. At Sci Fi they burned my steak to a crisp (i sent it back and they sent another burnt one).

99% of my experiences have been stellar, but the 1% happens. The responses on this thread represent a very very very small percentage of the dining guests.

99% of my experiences have been stellar, but the 1% happens. The responses on this thread represent a very very very small percentage of the dining guests.
Exactly. Things get screwed up. It happens at Disney. It happens everywhere else. I doubt there is a restaurant anywhere that has never served a bad meal. Disney serves millions and millions of guests every year. Some days, things are going to go wrong and some guest is going to be on the receiving end of that problem.

In general we have always found something to enjoy when we eat at WDW. Our worst experience had to do with characters and not the food quality. 7 years ago we went to Garden Grill with my aunt, uncle, dh, ds 19, ds 15 and dd 10. I don't know what was up but I swear the people in the character costumes had a thing for blond hair. My boys are blonds and the characters CONSTANTLY stopped and rubbed their heads....they were 19 and 15...... they did not appreciate it..... I sat on the inside of the table and was simultaneously happy I wasn't sitting on the outside and also uncomfortable for my sons. I have a picture I took where you can see that they are gritting their teeth with a grimace as the character is rubbing their head.... It was weird and we did start telling the handlers we had seen the character and to move them along. We had to do so repeatedly. The food was fine but it was a weird experience. We actually went for the food not the characters.

I am just amazed that food can be that bad, anywhere, not just at Disney. If it happened to someone, then it happened. I am not here to start an argument.

Isn't that part of the act at that restaurant?
I'm assuming that poster was distinguishing between the in-house shtick and actual rudeness.

The last time we were at 50's, we were not impressed. Our server was unengaged and didn't really do any of the act. The food was fine, but very overpriced when it wasn't accompanied by a show. Just like the character meals, you are paying a premium there for the performance so when you don't get that, it makes the price not at all worth it.

I am just amazed that food can be that bad, anywhere, not just at Disney. If it happened to someone, then it happened. I am not here to start an argument.

Stuff happens. Disney has offerings that can be uncommon, depending on where you live, but a lot of their stuff is on par with a decent chain restaurant. (Ad some of it is excellent. Either way, no shade intended; I enjoy some chain restaurants.) A few weeks ago we had the most inept server in the world at a TGI Friday's. We were there for over two hours, no exaggeration. The food was fine, for what it was, and the manager did her best to make it right so we're not opposed to going back...but human nature is what it is and sometimes the food will be terrible and sometimes the service will be terrible and sometimes that will be enough to make people say "I've had it." And I totally get it.

Coral Reef diner We asked for something close to the tanks for the kids. After waiting 35 minutes we were put in a booth in the corner in the third row. Server was nice and food was ok but if we are waiting longer for a specific table then we should get it.

It could be that no tables opened up and they decided to seat you. Your experience is why most Disney restaurants no longer allow people to request specific table locations, or tables with a view.

My worst was at SciFi. I ordered the pasta with shrimp. It didn't sit so well with me. I haven't ordered shrimp on property since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter