• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worried

Has anyone size 24/26 rode minions

Slightly old review but might be useful....

Holly

I am a 5'4, 320 pound woman, a solid size 26/28. I'm just back from Universal parks in FL

Parking. You can pay more money to do preferred parking. Preferred parking is a rip off (even in the opinion of the few employees we spoke with in City Walk). They put you next to handicap parking, which is in the same gararges (there are 2, equal distance from City walk) that everyone normally would park in. Regular parking just puts you on a different level in the deck. (same amount of walking, all you have to do is ride the elevator. They do offer valet parking (for more money) which we didn't try, but I could tell using this method of parking would cut off a few blocks, which may be worth the extra dollars (and time off your feet).

A word of warning. Be Prepared to Walk! The parking deck is a good 6 blocks from where the park entrances are. While they do provide the moving escalators to get you into City Walk, I found most people were rude and in a hurry to get around us other slower people that were not walking (rather standing around) on the escalators. They detour you through City Walk (tons of shopping, eating, entertainment) before you even see the main entrance for either park. When you enter City Walk, there are no longer any moving escalators to assist in the walk to the main gates.

I was impresed with both parks, as they seem to have newer turnstyles that are lower. I walked through without getting stuck. I had no problem fitting in any of the rides at Universal Studios EXCEPT Men In Black. I probably could have jammed my body into the molded seat, but even a few thin people complained the seat was not appealing. There is a sample seat outside.

Shrek 4D- Theater seats

Jimmy Neutron- Bench seat with pull down bar (same bar for all in your car) with thick padding. Was a tad tight

Twister- standing ride

Earthquake- bench seats

Jaws- boat with bench seats

Back to the Future- I skipped ths one. Had rode it the first year it opened, when I was 280, without any difficulty.

ET - Tip: You can ask to ride on a bench seat (they may call it handicaped seating). There are a few special cars that have a bench seat in the last row. Lap bar (individual) fit with no problem.

T2- theater seats, tight

The Mummy - was tight but I did just barely fit, the best ride at the park by far! molded seat with a padded individual lap bar. At some points I was out of my seat catching some major air on this rollarcoaster.

Beetlejuice show - bench seat

Makeup show - theater seats, tight

Feer factor show - bench seat

Island of adventure, here are my comments on a few rides I did try:

Spiderman - car with a bench seat with lapbar (same bar for all in your car), no problem, great ride

Dudley Do-Right log flume - tight fit. Individual seat one behind the other, I was so scared we were going to fly right off the track, then to top it off, we had a ton of water in our flume. Too much weight. I'd have to be thinner to ride this one again

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges - Tip: you can ask for a seat belt extender, I did need one. seatbelts are individual, rather than having 2 people belted in together.

Cat In the Hat - bench seat with a lap bar (same bar for all in your car), no problem

The Jimmy Neutron ride is now the Minion ride...they revamped it. I believe the seats are the same.

Thank you that answers alot of questions except the Transformers ride and Minions.

Yup....the one I highlighted is now minions ride. You'll have no problem on Transformers....I rode it last November I'm much larger. It also has the same seating system as the Spiderman ride and that review showed no problem on that one.

Just to help, I have rode with no problem:
  • Spider-Man
  • Dudley-Do Right
  • Hogwarts Express
  • MIB
  • Simpsons (Krusty Canival)
  • Kang hurl & Twirl
  • The Mummy
  • ET
  • Transformers
  • Minions
  • Shrek
  • Everything in Seusslanding (librarian)
Haven't tried
  • Jurassic Park water Rapids (closed)
  • Jurassic park pterodactyl flyers (don't have a kid so can't go)
  • Duelling dragons (was going to after Forbidden Journey, but yea)
  • Hulk (under rehab)
  • Doctor Doom (not impressed)
  • Storm Force (like my food in my stomach)

This not the way guests should be treated
I feel awful you had that experience as you did not deserve that

Did you send an email to GS?
If not, do one now so they are aware and have a record of what you went through
TM 's need to have uniform ways of advising guests for the rides with modified seating.
And to do so in a way to let the park guest know they are valuable to them.

We went to Guest Services, but I didn't follow up as life interfered. I need to do so as it's not the only issue we've had. They did give a "case" number but when we tried to follow up no one would say anything.

We've gone back, and then needed go back to GS. We hit a really nasty TM when we went to renew my husband's assistance pass. Long story short, she demanded his diagnosis before RENEWING it, then asked if he has a prosethic leg and looked him up and down when he asked her to correct the "able to do stairs". She gave him a corrected card but didn't activate it. We went to the OTHER side of the park via the train and went to GS, and explained. They saw her name and the date, and fell over apologising.

Thanks I'm just really terrified of being the one that holds up the ride because the lap bar won't close so I was debating on if I should just sit in the non-moving seats.

Usually the hold ups are people not wanting to split their group or people putting all their bags in the wrong places :)

Thanks I'm just really terrified of being the one that holds up the ride because the lap bar won't close so I was debating on if I should just sit in the non-moving seats.

Nope, get rid of that fear. The times that there were minor delays were people switching seats or going in the wrong rows, not the bars. They're automatic, and they all worked for me.

Go forth and have fun!

I really want to thank everyone for all the great advise it has really helped ease my fear, the only other question I have is on the coasters if just say I don't ride can I still get in line with my family so I can see the inside or do I have to wait outside.

You can totally still walk through! When you get near the end you can take a "chicken exit" or hang out in the Child Swap room & wait (in the Forbidden Journey room, they show HP movies! WOOHOO!)

i have walked through the lines to a ride to chat with friends at times.
and then exit without doing the ride.

This site might be helpful...

http://allears.net/tp/ridz_ioa.htm

Iirc the only rides with modified seating are the 2 coasters(Hulk will be closed)at IOA. If you fit in test seat then just ask the attendant for modified seating and they will put you in the lane with it. It's only one seat in the aisle and you'll be able to tell it because it'll have 2 buckles instead of one.

On your list the biggest problems will probably be minions and the mummy. ET, Mummy, and MIB also have semi thin seats but I don't think the actual harness will be an issue on them.

While I agree with others that the Mummy is bad if you have big legs....it also doesn't work if you have a tummy. It has to go to a certain spot in order to lock and be cleared to go.

Word of warning on how minions works....It's a set bar that has to come down all the way. I haven't been on it lately but this is how it worked when it was Jimmy Neutron and it's likely the same. But you sit in a big theater with a bunch of ppl and they'll have you raise your hands as they lower the bar. If you don't fit on that then it'll probably be pretty embarrassing as an entire theater will be staring at you waiting and wanting to get the ride over with.

I have a huge tummy and I have never had trouble on the Mummy (I am a poet and i know it) but I am also only 5'1 if that made any difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter