Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

Ok, ok, ok, ok, as ya'll might have guessed, I am the planner of our vacations for DW and I. (I have more time on my hands................so it makes sense. Plus and enjoy doing the planning.) So....................all or most of ya'll know DW and I are going to fly out to sunny California a few days before the cruise to visit Disneyland. And, our first visit to Disneyland. My question is, what are your suggestions for restaurants at Disneyland we should not miss? Both hotel and park restaurants? Thanks all for your help. As you can also tell, I like to get things all lined up early in the stage of our vacation. (This is a flaw in my personality I am working on!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Trying to catch up and you probably got a bazillion tips, but I HAVE to put a plug in for my favorite Blue Bayou! Try to get a table alongside the water...

My favorite story is the gang-banger that wanted to get a better look while doing a drive by shooting. He stuck his head out the front window while his buddy in the back seat was doing the shooting. Needless to say Darwin won that one.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup2
DH and I are both still employed full-time because we love it soooooo much!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: 6 years 9 months....6 years 9 months...then my plan is to work part time at Disney when we relocate to Florida....for Disney cruising! :woohoo:

Thanks for the welcome! We are so happy to be here! DH is happily planning where we are staying in SD, he was stationed there when he was in the Navy, and is looking forward to going back. (It was before my time!)
I will check out page one, and begin to try to catch up in my reading! Wow! such an active group! :love: :surfweb:

6 years and 9 months huh? Well that will go by in the wink of an eye!!!:rolleyes1
We relocated to Florida over 20 years ago. Both our jobs up north were being downsized, so we took the plunge, and it was the best thing we ever did!!!:cool1:

Sounds like it will like going home for your DH going back to SD.

We have a Facebook page as well. It is by invitation only. We want to keep it just for our group here on the EBPC cruise. Just send Cayla, (Padalyn), a PM along with your email address associated with Facebook, and she will invite you to join the group. Again, glad you are joining us!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Another comes from early in my career. The teenage girl who swore to her dad that she was not pregnant. Who, once the baby began to crown and we hurriedly whisked her off to L&D she was heard yelling down the hall to her perplexed father. "It's not mine, Dad! It's not mine!"

OMG....Now I can't breathe over here!!! :rotfl::lmao::lmao:

I was a Navy Corpsman. Drunk marines can be a lot of fun....

Hi, everyone! :wave::wave:

We just booked this cruise about an hour ago! "We" is myself, Stephanie, and DH Dave. We are younger empty nesters with two grown sons and 4 grandkids. We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary this coming December by, what else? Cruising on DCL!! :goodvibes

This will be our 13th DCL cruise, our second on the Wonder, with our first Wonder cruise being our very first ever cruise! We fell in love and, well, here we are, planning #13! It will also be our 2nd Panama Canal cruise, our first being on the Magic in 2008, the inaugural cruise into Cartagena and Aruba! We are looking forward to returning to Cartagena!

We are avid photographers and look forward to getting some great shots again. I especially want to do some great shooting in Cartagena.

I'm amazed at the number of pages already for this cruise! That's awesome, a great active group!!! OK, I'm heading in to start reading...if I don't reappear in a couple of days...send in a search party! :lmao:

Hi and Welcome!
Just wanted to tell you that you made me feel especially happy saying that you are young empty nesters celebrating your 35th anniversary- our youngest left for college in 2005 and I simply cannot believe we have been empty-nesting that long! We will have just celebrated our 33rd before the cruise and we weren't that old when we got married so I am officially joining employing 'young empty nester' status! Actually, it will be my 60th birthday right after the cruise but since hubby is a few years younger, I am hoping we can still call ourselves 'young.' I am not happy to be having a birthday of (yuk, yuk, yuk) that number but since I am not quite ready to kick the so-called bucket, I will do my best to smile and accept it as gracefully as I can. If I drink more on this cruise than on others, that will be the sole reason. Anyway, welcome again!
Check out the first page of this thread and you will find sign up sheets for travel from DL area to Port, Fish Extender, Table groupings, Brunch at Palo and maybe more!
Maria (and Brian) from Texas

Hi Steve,
David relayed the message that you were fine with us using the picture/ logo that you designed. Question: I have tried to upload it in an attempt to make a magnet / postcard etc. and I keep getting the message that the resolution is not high enough. I am not very computer literate when it comes to enhancing the resolution, etc. and was wondering if there was anyway you could direct me in doing so. I have tried to some enhancing/ high resolution on Photobucket for some other pictures (not yours) and even when I did, I was told it was not adequate. Any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Maria

Just an FYI: I did make online reservations for Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. I thought it was too early, but apparantly it isn't. Again, they only have 100 guests per day and it does fill up quickly if you are considering it.

In Cozumel there's a little town square/plaza. My dad took me for margaritas there. And we looked around the town. This time around I want to find the synagogue. I really want to explore the town and see the temple, have some yummy Mexican food. I kinda' am nervous about Columbia.

Colombia is beautiful! Cartagena anyway! We were on the inaugural DCL cruise into Cartagena and our tour guide told us "please, tell your friends, we are not Bogota!!" It's a beautiful old city tour we took. One word of caution, you will see many people in traditional garb who will quite willingly pose for you, and then expect a tip. Also many young men in silver paint posing as statues, same thing.

I am going to get flack for this, but being the book nerd I am I can't do ereaders. I've tried. My mom has one and I just can't get into it.

I was dragged kicking and screaming because I won't get rid of books easily and DH said I couldn't buy anymore until I did.......and which of my babies do I give up??? soooooo...my Kindle holds them all (my preciousssss) and it's soooooo much better than putting my back out (OK, DH's but I digress) hauling books on vacation!!! I still go to bookstores and buy real books, but I take fluff on vacation, Kindle is fine.....Now I won't travel without it! ;)

:thumbsup2

6 years and 9 months huh? Well that will go by in the wink of an eye!!!:rolleyes1
We relocated to Florida over 20 years ago. Both our jobs up north were being downsized, so we took the plunge, and it was the best thing we ever did!!!:cool1:

Sounds like it will like going home for your DH going back to SD.

We have a Facebook page as well. It is by invitation only. We want to keep it just for our group here on the EBPC cruise. Just send Cayla, (Padalyn), a PM along with your email address associated with Facebook, and she will invite you to join the group. Again, glad you are joining us!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

But who's counting?

Hi and Welcome!
Just wanted to tell you that you made me feel especially happy saying that you are young empty nesters celebrating your 35th anniversary- our youngest left for college in 2005 and I simply cannot believe we have been empty-nesting that long! We will have just celebrated our 33rd before the cruise and we weren't that old when we got married so I am officially joining employing 'young empty nester' status! Actually, it will be my 60th birthday right after the cruise but since hubby is a few years younger, I am hoping we can still call ourselves 'young.' I am not happy to be having a birthday of (yuk, yuk, yuk) that number but since I am not quite ready to kick the so-called bucket, I will do my best to smile and accept it as gracefully as I can. If I drink more on this cruise than on others, that will be the sole reason. Anyway, welcome again!
Check out the first page of this thread and you will find sign up sheets for travel from DL area to Port, Fish Extender, Table groupings, Brunch at Palo and maybe more!
Maria (and Brian) from Texas

Feel free! Dave and I will be 56 by sail date. Our youngest left home 'for good' as I like to say...he left, came back, left...in 2007. Yeah we got married as kids (20) and had our first child at 23!!! :scared1: But we beat the odds and other than his horrific desire for me to get rid of books, we get along pretty good! :hug: he does tell me I have to downsize before we move to Florida....I'm thinking......no?

I have signed up for FE, Table groupings, though we've been very lucky for the most part with our table mates, to actually be seated with someone you know slightly is a fun thing too (we sat at a table of friends on our first PC cruise) and I've requested the link to the FB page, though I tend to like DIS better. :surfweb:

And with that, I am officially caught up!!! :banana:

I will post the photobucket picture tomorrow. I came home from work, got busy cooking (we're having a potluck at work tonight. I smoked a pork shoulder for 3 hours and then put it in the slow cooker with root beer until I need to wake up. I also made jalapeno/bacon bites), and now.... sleepy time. Totally spaced.

I don't need to be worried about Columbia? Are we sure....? We are looking at doing Land's End beach thing.

I will post the photobucket picture tomorrow. I came home from work, got busy cooking (we're having a potluck at work tonight. I smoked a pork shoulder for 3 hours and then put it in the slow cooker with root beer until I need to wake up. I also made jalapeno/bacon bites), and now.... sleepy time. Totally spaced.

I don't need to be worried about Columbia? Are we sure....? We are looking at doing Land's End beach thing.

I don't know anything about that tour, but this is recent and up to date. As with any foreign country... stay in a group, don't wander off by yourself, don't wave around cash and always be aware of your surroundings. I actually felt more comfortable in Cartagena than I did in Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5931.html

I was dragged kicking and screaming because I won't get rid of books easily and DH said I couldn't buy anymore until I did.......and which of my babies do I give up??? soooooo...my Kindle holds them all (my preciousssss) and it's soooooo much better than putting my back out (OK, DH's but I digress) hauling books on vacation!!! I still go to bookstores and buy real books, but I take fluff on vacation, Kindle is fine.....Now I won't travel without it! ;)

I too like all of you was a constant book reader. DW told me it was either her or the books had to go. Well, I thought, and I thought, and I though, and I thought......................:confused3...........finally I decided the books had to go. Now we both have kindles and loving it. And we lived happily ever after!!! (No not really................but the story needed a happy ending!!!):lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Feel free! Dave and I will be 56 by sail date. Our youngest left home 'for good' as I like to say...he left, came back, left...in 2007. Yeah we got married as kids (20) and had our first child at 23!!! :scared1: But we beat the odds and other than his horrific desire for me to get rid of books, we get along pretty good! :hug: he does tell me I have to downsize before we move to Florida....I'm thinking......no?

That is something, DW and will be 6................er ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 5..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we will be in our forty's by the time of the cruise!!! We have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. (We started REAL early!!!):cool1::banana::thumbsup2

That is something, DW and will be 6................er ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 5..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we will be in our forty's by the time of the cruise!!! We have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. (We started REAL early!!!):cool1::banana::thumbsup2

So much in common...we also have two grown children and four grandchildren. And if you are in your ahhhhhhhh 40s at sailing time, looks like we might actually be in our 30s? Yeah, we started REALLY early and so did the boys! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So much in common...we also have two grown children and four grandchildren. And if you are in your ahhhhhhhh 40s at sailing time, looks like we might actually be in our 30s? Yeah, we started REALLY early and so did the boys! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It is a small world ain't it!!! Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo..................It's A Small World.........................It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.............................everybody sing it with me...................It's a small world after all, It's a small, small world. (I didn't hear allot of you out there singing................................and somebody was off key!!! (Oh, that was me.............................never mind!!!):lmao:

I don't know anything about that tour, but this is recent and up to date. As with any foreign country... stay in a group, don't wander off by yourself, don't wave around cash and always be aware of your surroundings. I actually felt more comfortable in Cartagena than I did in Mexico.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5931.html

DW and I are both looking forward to Cartagena. DW has been to Mexico a couple of different times for her job. I have never been to Mexico. But we are aware what has been going on in Mexico. In all ports we plan to stay with a group, will probably do Disney excursions in all ports. :thumbsup2

It is a small world ain't it!!! Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo..................It's A Small World.........................It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.............................everybody sing it with me...................It's a small world after all, It's a small, small world. (I didn't hear allot of you out there singing................................and somebody was off key!!! (Oh, that was me.............................never mind!!!):lmao:

Oh great,...now it's stuck :headache:......it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.......

DW and I are both looking forward to Cartagena. DW has been to Mexico a couple of different times for her job. I have never been to Mexico. But we are aware what has been going on in Mexico. In all ports we plan to stay with a group, will probably do Disney excursions in all ports. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 we do too....I'd rather spend a little more for peace of mind.

On our WBPC this year, someone organized a tour with Dora the Explorer, (has great reviews on Trip Advisor). I think there were about 16 of us and the cost was $65/person. We met in the Promenade lounge about 15 minutes before the official docking time and were the first ones off the ship, so we were able to start our tour before the larger DCL groups. As a result we were able to tour the monastery before it got crowded. It is a beautiful city, with some beautiful architcture in the old city. If you were looking to do something outside of the DCL offerings, I would recommend this. Only downside, Cartegena has a lot of street vendors....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter