Wonder to Alaska July 14-21 2014

Thank you so much for your detailed trip report! I am getting very excited about my Alaska cruise in August 2015. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and same as your DD, my DD will finally be old enough to enjoy the Palo Brunch. Your pictures are amazing. Your Palo pictures are making me drool! :goodvibes

Thank You. I am sure that your DD will enjoy Palo as much as mine. :)

thank you for the trip report.

Amazing pictures - Booked for the July 27 sailing of the Wonder 2015.

Did you book your excursions through Disney Cruise, or on your own?
Thanks.
Carrie

Just read through your entire report and loved it! Your photos are amazing!! I especially loved the bears. I'm hoping one day to take this cruise and will definitely come back here for pointers. :)

thank you for the trip report.

Amazing pictures - Booked for the July 27 sailing of the Wonder 2015.

Did you book your excursions through Disney Cruise, or on your own?
Thanks.
Carrie

Thank you Carrie
We booked all of our excursions on our own except the dog sled which was through DCL.
Skagway - Chilkoot Charters & Tours White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion
Juneau - Orca Enterprise whale watching
Ketchikan - Southeast Aviation Anan Creek Bears

Just read through your entire report and loved it! Your photos are amazing!! I especially loved the bears. I'm hoping one day to take this cruise and will definitely come back here for pointers. :)

Thank you!

Loved your detailed TR and amazing pictures!! I just booked this cruise today for my DGrD11 and my DNiece14. I have been promising them a special trip of a lifetime for several years and, having read your TR, I am convinced I have finally found it. They are most excited about just being on the Wonder (their first cruise), I am now most excited about these excursions!:goodvibes
I sailed on the Wonder back in 2000 (I will miss having my DH there to go to Palo with), but have never been to Alaska.

Ketchikan - Southeast Aviation Anan Creek Bears

Such a wonderful report and beautiful photos! We are doing the july 13-20th alaska cruise this year and I had a question about the ana creek tour you did. Did you have a guide that walked you from the floatplane to the observatory? I am looking into booking this tour but a guide is not available. That makes me very nervous to take our daughter into bear territory without a guide. Did you feel safe?

What a fantastic trip and a great TR!! I'm hoping to sway my dh into an Alaskan cruise for 2016 to celebrate our 40th birthdays - yours is one TR for sure that I want him to read!

Great report Roger!! We leave for our trip in 36 days. I hope to come back with some great shots like yours. I do have to ask where were you standing when you took the pic up the side of the ship in Tracy Arm? That's a great shot!!

I'm so ready for this cruise in June. These pictures are incredible. Especially of the bears. We're on the first June cruise so I don't expect to see many and nothing even close to what you experienced. Thank you so much for sharing.
If you don't mind me asking what equipment are you using? I know I said it before but I just can't get over how great your pictures turned out.

Great report Roger!! We leave for our trip in 36 days. I hope to come back with some great shots like yours. I do have to ask where were you standing when you took the pic up the side of the ship in Tracy Arm? That's a great shot!!
Thanks Dave, I am sure you come back with some incredible shots. I shot the side of the ship from one of the small outcroppings back by the buffet. I believe that it is near the stairs up to Palo.

Such a wonderful report and beautiful photos! We are doing the july 13-20th alaska cruise this year and I had a question about the ana creek tour you did. Did you have a guide that walked you from the floatplane to the observatory? I am looking into booking this tour but a guide is not available. That makes me very nervous to take our daughter into bear territory without a guide. Did you feel safe?

No we did not have a guide that walked with us. There is a ranger at the bottom that goes through a safety talk before you head up the trail. There were six of us and never felt unsafe. You just make a lot of noise as your walking. We did see a grizzly in the creek on the way back but he/she saw/smelled us some distance away and went running the other way. Talking to the rangers, there has never been a problem on the trail. When you are at the structure at the top there were bears walking within 5-10 feet of you and don't seem to know you are even there. Have fun!

I'm so ready for this cruise in June. These pictures are incredible. Especially of the bears. We're on the first June cruise so I don't expect to see many and nothing even close to what you experienced. Thank you so much for sharing.
If you don't mind me asking what equipment are you using? I know I said it before but I just can't get over how great your pictures turned out.

Thank you very much Bill. Hope you have a great trip. I was shooting with a Nikon D4 with 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200.

Thank you very much Bill. Hope you have a great trip. I was shooting with a Nikon D4 with 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200.

Thanks Roger, I'll be shooting with the D600 myself. I have the 24-70 and 28-300 myself, plus the new line of 1.8 prime lens they came out with (20, 35, 50 & 85). Now all I need is that beautiful weather you got.
That is some unbelievable food pictures you took. I assume that's your specialty. Whenever I get around that much food that looks that good I've got to put the camera down and dive in.

Roger

Thank you very much for your trip report and the beautiful photo's you took!!
I hope to do this trip one day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter