Wonder to Alaska July 14-21 2014

Such wonderful photos! What type of camera do you use? What level zoom does it have? I'm planning to get a new camera when we go on an Alaska cruise. Looks like you were able to get so close with your camera zoom!

Desserts

Alaska%20Palo-9248-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9250-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9251-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9252-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9253-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9254-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9255-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9257-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9263-L.jpg

After brunch you can imagine that we were pretty much useless. We were sailing through another interior area of Canada during the morning.
Alaska%20Palo-9313-L.jpg

Alaska%20Palo-9318-L.jpg

The rest of the afternoon was spent packing and getting ready for disembarkation the next morning. Getting off the ship was fairly easy and going through customs was pretty much a breeze. We were off by 10 o’clock and had arranged for transportation to the airport. We had a 1 o’clock flight so we have a little bit of time to grab something to eat. We flew from Vancouver to Seattle and then Seattle back to Burbank.

love this! awesome photos!!! we have a mid July cruise booked for 2015..trying to learn every thing I can! I second the camera question - I have a Nikon 5200 dslr, and wonder if I need a bigger zoom lens. :)

love this! awesome photos!!! we have a mid July cruise booked for 2015..trying to learn every thing I can! I second the camera question - I have a Nikon 5200 dslr, and wonder if I need a bigger zoom lens. :)

Thank you. About the bigger lens :confused3 it would depend on what you have now. The longest that I had was a 200mm but on your camera that would be a 300mm. That was plenty of length for most shots.

Hi, can you tell me the Amtrak station in Seattle, I see 2 station on the website. Thanks!

All I can say, is amazing!!!! Your photos make me want to be there now, but, I have more of your report to read and I need to take more notes! I can't wait to read more...Your photos are incredible...

All I can say, is amazing!!!! Your photos make me want to be there now, but, I have more of your report to read and I need to take more notes! I can't wait to read more...Your photos are incredible...

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

How far in advance did you bought your train tickets?

Not sure which train?

Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver books 334 days in advance.

Chilkoot Charters & Tours White Pass Train started booking the end of October the year before.

Hope this help.

Not sure which train?

Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver books 334 days in advance.

Chilkoot Charters & Tours White Pass Train started booking the end of October the year before.

Hope this help.
The Amtrak. Thank you so much!! After see your report we want to return to Seattle by train. :cool1:

Not sure which train? Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver books 334 days in advance. Chilkoot Charters & Tours White Pass Train started booking the end of October the year before. Hope this help.

Your report was very informative & the picture were fabulous, thank you! You stated that you took the train over from Seattle. How did you get to the train station again? What time did you board and then arrive in Vancouver? What was your experience like when you arrived in Vancouver? From arriving and going through customs, how long did it take to get to hotel? I believe you said you had taken cabs to the Pan Pacific, may I ask how much were they? Also, how long of a ride was it? Hope to hear back from you. Thank you for your time! Your trip report definitely has my family very excited!

Your report was very informative & the picture were fabulous, thank you! You stated that you took the train over from Seattle. How did you get to the train station again? What time did you board and then arrive in Vancouver? What was your experience like when you arrived in Vancouver? From arriving and going through customs, how long did it take to get to hotel? I believe you said you had taken cabs to the Pan Pacific, may I ask how much were they? Also, how long of a ride was it? Hope to hear back from you. Thank you for your time! Your trip report definitely has my family very excited!

As noted we stayed at the Mayflower Park hotel in the downtown area so to the King St Station was only 1.3miles but un-walkable with luggage. We talked to concierge at the hotel that called one of the van services that serve the cruise port. I don't have a receipt from this but I think that our portion was around $20 for 4 of us with 8 bags. We were traveling with a total of 12 people at this time. It was a 5 min ride at the most. We arrived at the train station at 6:40am. Checked bags and waited to board around 7am. We arrived in Vancouver before noon. There was a problem that we could not pull up to the normal spot. What this really meant was they unloaded all of baggage off at the back of the train. You had to disembark go to the back of the train, find you luggage and walk to the the front to get in line to go through customs. It only took us about 15-20 mins to clear customs. Walked out front of the train station to catch a cab to the Pan Pacific. It was ~$20 for four of us + bags. Maybe a 10min ride to the Pan Pacific. We dropped our bags off at the hotel and went to lunch. So it was around 1pm that we got there.

Wow! I totally fall in love with Alaska because I read your post and pictures. I was not convinced to go, but right now. I can't wait.. Thank you for taking the time to make your post and share with us...m

Wow! I totally fall in love with Alaska because I read your post and pictures. I was not convinced to go, but right now. I can't wait.. Thank you for taking the time to make your post and share with us...m

Thank you very much. You know I was not sure if I was going to be that impressed by Alaska before we took our first trip. I lived in Montana for five years and thought how much different could it be. And I also was not sure if my then 11yr and 6yr girls would like it. You just can not describe the natural beauty of Alaska. My girls loved it more than anywhere they had ever visited. I got nothing but screams and shouts when I announced that we would be returning the year even though we were basically the same ports. I don't think two trips to Alaska can ever be the same. There are so many things to see and the weather is never the same. Enjoy if you go!

Great trip report.

we're cruising Alaska May 2015 and trying to research as much as possible.
I'm only up to the Vancouver portion but love all the details so far.

photos are beautiful! We're gonna need a good camera - that's one thing I'm sure of.

we're planning a similar route from Seattle to Vancouver and it's been a big help to read your reviews. I'm sure we'll have many questions as well.

thanks

Thank you for this trip report..and the photoes are stunning!

Thanks for the great report & sharing your awesome pictures! This is giving me good ideas for shots I will try to take on my cruise next May.

Re your comment about having Tickets to see the Frozen sisters - how did that work to get the tickets? Did you pick them up after boarding or was that a pre-book through the DCL website?

Great trip report.

we're cruising Alaska May 2015 and trying to research as much as possible.
I'm only up to the Vancouver portion but love all the details so far.

photos are beautiful! We're gonna need a good camera - that's one thing I'm sure of.

we're planning a similar route from Seattle to Vancouver and it's been a big help to read your reviews. I'm sure we'll have many questions as well.

thanks

Thank you for this trip report..and the photoes are stunning!

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

Thanks for the great report & sharing your awesome pictures! This is giving me good ideas for shots I will try to take on my cruise next May.

Re your comment about having Tickets to see the Frozen sisters - how did that work to get the tickets? Did you pick them up after boarding or was that a pre-book through the DCL website?

This may change but for us in July when you boarded go to guest services and pick up tickets. It will be listed in the Navigator but easily missed.

Thank you so much for your detailed trip report! I am getting very excited about my Alaska cruise in August 2015. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and same as your DD, my DD will finally be old enough to enjoy the Palo Brunch. Your pictures are amazing. Your Palo pictures are making me drool! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter