• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Returns to Galveston - November 6, 2015

Hi there! We've just booked this cruise and are SO excited! We will be travelling from Louisiana, so Galveston is such an awesome deal, we couldn't pass it up! :) Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Welcome to the group. The convenience of Galveston is hard to beat! It's so nice to be able to drive to the port and bring whatever you want in luggage without having to worry about weight etc.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has posted recently about a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477[/url

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

For anyone who would like to join a DISboards only FE, please PM me or put a message here and I will see it. If you are signed up for the FE elsewhere, you will still be with that group - this is for anyone that is interested in a DIS only group. For anyone interested in joining I will need names(or first initials if you would rather), kids ages, fave characters, any allergies/no candy requests and stateroom #'s. I will close the group 30 days before the cruise and the list can be posted here or I can PM anyone with the details. If we have enough interest, the group can be split into smaller numbers.

I thought I would get a meet thread going for this cruise as I know several have booked it. I can't wait to see DCL back in Galveston! :banana:

We have booked this as a back to back with the 11/13/15 cruise. It is DH (Scott) and myself and this will be our 11th cruise so we will have finally made platinum. :cool1:

It seems a long way off, so we have plenty of time to plan. Falmouth is the only port we haven't been to, I would be interested to hear if anyone has been.

Who else is coming along? :dance3:

Hi there, i am a DIC novice, how do I join this discussion and get on a FE list? My 6 YO and I just booked this cruise! This will be our 5th DCL vacation! super excited.

For anyone who would like to join a DISboards only FE, please PM me or put a message here and I will see it. If you are signed up for the FE elsewhere, you will still be with that group - this is for anyone that is interested in a DIS only group. For anyone interested in joining I will need names(or first initials if you would rather), kids ages, fave characters, any allergies/no candy requests and stateroom #'s. I will close the group 30 days before the cruise and the list can be posted here or I can PM anyone with the details. If we have enough interest, the group can be split into smaller numbers.
I'm interested! please.

I'm interested! please.

:welcome:Krcoops! If you would like to join the DIS only FE group, please put the info in a post or PM me. I think you have to post 10 times before you can PM though. The thread is kinda quiet, but once the cruise gets closer I am sure everyone will be more active.

Hi there, i am a DIC novice, how do I join this discussion and get on a FE list? My 6 YO and I just booked this cruise! This will be our 5th DCL vacation! super excited.

Hi and welcome to the group! Glad to see that you got the FE figured out.:thumbsup2

We are kinda quiet here, but the closer it gets I am sure we will be more active.

Last edited:
I am wanting to participate in the fish extender but dont see where i need to go to sign up for it. Can someone help???
Thanks

USEFUL INFORMATION:

FISH EXTENDER: Fish Extender Sign Up Information being organized by Ndemitra.

Useful DIS links for more FE Information:

FE 101 Basics, Fish Extender General Questions, How to make a no-sew FE

GALVESTON: Here is a useful thread complied by locals to the Galveston area:

ALL THINGS GALVESTON

Itinerary:
Day 1 - Galveston, Texas - All onboard 3:30 p.m.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Cozumel, Mexico - All ashore 8:30 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 4 - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - All Ashore 11:30 a.m. All onboard 5:30 p.m. **This port requires tendering
Day 5 - Falmouth, Jamaica - All ashore 8:00 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - At Sea
Day 8 - Galveston, Texas - All ashore 8:30 a.m.

Where do I go to join the FE group for the Nov. 6th Galveston sailing. I've posted and emailed Ndemitra but I've heard nothing for 2 weeks. Am I doing something wrong, or am I in the wrong place on the board? I really want my family to be involved and enjoy everything on the cruise and FE group. This is our first cruise, so Im sorry if I'm a little lost.

Just want to make sure of a few things!

1. Everyone who had emailed me I have you one the list so no worries there. I haven't sent anything as of yet but will send something out in the next week or so.

2. I have no ill feelings towards DisBoards (it is a bit hard for me to follow at times but I enjoy it!) lots of great information.

3. I have no problem have one big group. If you are not on Facebook no worries!! I will do my very best to stay up to date. I have already started making stuff for EVERYONE who will be participating in the fe.

4. Last but certainly not least. I want everyone to have a magically cruise. I don't want anyone to feel left out wether you are a disboards or Facebook we can all have fun. I don't want any hurt feelings or any of that. If you feel you are left out please speak up.

I am beyond excited to be in charge of the fe this time around. I want everyone to have the best cruise possible. Fe is such a great experience to add to an already fun trip! I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

A little but about me; I have been with my husband for 8 years, two years ago we married on a Disney Cruise out of Galveston in January. We have an almost seven year old daughter Maddi and I have a bonus daughter Hailey who will be 14. I run my own business as a photographer in Kansas. I have an addiction to all things Disney! I also have a love for anything with glitter and sparkle
Hi, I've been trying to get in touch with you regarding the FE group. Could you please direct me where to go? I have emailed several times but have heard nothing and we really want to be involved with the Nov.6th 2015 Galveston Sailing.

I would not count on a reply from the email, she doesn't seem to respond that way. I also do not think she checks in on the DISboards either. Maybe when the cruise gets closer she will be more responsive? Good luck! Per my above post, you can join the DIS only FE. I am sure others will join once the cruise gets closer, just another option for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter