Wonder Returns to Galveston - November 6, 2015

For anyone traveling, have you booked your hotel yet? I'm so disappointed, I've been trying to book Hotel Galvez where we stayed last time, but online say's there is no availability. I've also seen a couple of other hotel sites with the same problem. I wonder if there is some event that has the hotel's all busy, does anyone know?

The Lone Star Rally (motorbike rally) starts on Thursday, November 5th. That's why all the hotels in the Strand area are already sold out. We are booked at the Hampton Inn although we are considering just going down on the morning of the 6th and dealing with traffic. We'll see how we feel closer to the time.

The Lone Star Rally (motorbike rally) starts on Thursday, November 5th. That's why all the hotels in the Strand area are already sold out. We are booked at the Hampton Inn although we are considering just going down on the morning of the 6th and dealing with traffic. We'll see how we feel closer to the time.
Thanks, that explains a lot! I better get on the ball and get something booked soon! Thanks again.

Thanks, that explains a lot! I better get on the ball and get something booked soon! Thanks again.

Yes, it will limit options down there close to port, but the sea wall area still looks pretty wide open.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts about excursions for Falmouth I'm all ears! :listen: I've done some research but nothing is really standing out and appealing to me right now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anybody stayed at the Galvez and used their transportation? Planning ahead on whether we will need a taxi instead. Need to make sure we have all the plans ready 8 months ahead;)

Anybody stayed at the Galvez and used their transportation? Planning ahead on whether we will need a taxi instead. Need to make sure we have all the plans ready 8 months ahead;)

I haven't stayed at the Galvez but we stayed at Harbor House once and it's the same shuttle. My recollection was that it got to the port a bit later than our scheduled port arrival time so we elected not to use it. Lots of people stayed at the Galvez through the DCL add on hotel plan last time, so it had to be a fairly decent service I would think.

Does anyone know of a park and cruise hotel that still has availability? I booked Galvez last time, but they don't have availability now. We didn't use their transportation, we just called a cab, but we left our car parked there for the cruise.

Hi! My husband, son and myself will be sailing this cruise in November. We are counting down the days and can't wait!

:welcome: To the group Mirokey. We are kinda quiet here, but the closer it gets I am sure we will be more active.

Hello everyone! This will be our first Disney cruise. My husband and I will be cruising with our 5 year old and 3 year old boys. Any advice is appreciated as this is our first cruise. I sent an email for the fish extender group. Can't wait for November!

Hi! My husband, son and myself will be sailing this cruise in November. We are counting down the days and can't wait!

Hello everyone! This will be our first Disney cruise. My husband and I will be cruising with our 5 year old and 3 year old boys. Any advice is appreciated as this is our first cruise. I sent an email for the fish extender group. Can't wait for November!

Welcome to you both! i am trying not to count down the days too much as it still feels a ways off to me right now but the cold weather makes me wish it was sooner!

:welcome:Texaspartyof4. We have some experienced cruisers so if you have any questions just let us know any hopefully we can answer.

:welcome:

:welcome: Best newbie tip I ever got is to make sure you hand in something to Guest Services on the first night to be signed by characters. I typically include a sharpie and my articles in a large ziploc bag that has my last name and cabin number. You can have up to 2 items signed. It's returned to your room on the last night with all the signatures. I also typically fill the bag with candies as a "thank you". Our first year when the kids were little, I did little aprons that turned out SO cute. We've also done photo mats - these always look so great in the frames with one of the cruise pictures, t-shirts, pillow cases, and tote bags.

[

FE 101 Basics, Fish Extender General Questions, How to make a no-sew FE [/COLOR]

GALVESTON: Here is a useful thread complied by locals to the Galveston area:

ALL THINGS GALVESTON
[/SIZE]

Itinerary:
Day 1 - Galveston, Texas - All onboard 3:30 p.m.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Cozumel, Mexico - All ashore 8:30 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 4 - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - All Ashore 11:30 a.m. All onboard 5:30 p.m. **This port requires tendering
Day 5 - Falmouth, Jamaica - All ashore 8:00 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - At Sea
Day 8 - Galveston, Texas - All ashore 8:30 a.m.
[/QUOTE]

How can I sign up for Fish Extenders for the Wonder 11/6/2015 cruise

Hi there! We've just booked this cruise and are SO excited! We will be travelling from Louisiana, so Galveston is such an awesome deal, we couldn't pass it up! :) Can't wait to get to know everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter